Reviews for Pretend
frozenfire88 chapter 11 . 7/27/2015
I know it was not intentioned but this story made me feel sick to my stomach. Between the rape, self mutilation, torture, emotional abuse, physical abuse and murder, it was a hard story to read, especially as someone who identifies as being gay. It is clear you have a very plot driven story, but it seems it is all about just upping the anti in shock value.

There are times you seem to do a more character driven chapter but it really irked me that those same characters often did a 180. Really many of the main characters did a 180 out of nowhere with little to no set up. If you wanted to explore such dark themes like internalized homophobia, that would be a great time to see that is going through Jack's head for example. Otherwise the characters become more like horrible caractures of the evils of society instead of guinunie people.
miss brynn chapter 11 . 2/9/2012
Dearest Mondie~

So i know that you havent written in years, yada yada, whatever.. but i juust discovered you and let me just say, my darling, that you are the bestest writer ever(: and this story is my favoritest(: seriously, you made my life. i am obsessing. and yelling at all my newsies friends to read this! you are wonderful, please keep writing~! aight, thats it my friend. farewell. ;D
iluvbaseball chapter 11 . 8/7/2010
Wonderful story! It was very exciting to read and I praise you for this! Amazing work!
Spotted Dancer chapter 8 . 3/12/2010
UGH! THOSE _(Insert mean names)_! Stupid Cowboy. How could he do that! I want to go stab him in the back with a spoon, carve a mean word into him. And Kid Blink. I want to throw him off the roof of the lodging house. Then tie a bunk bed to his back and make him walk to Mush. And Speking of Mush. Aw. I was in tears while he was getting beat up! Your a great writer, You are fantabulous at writing emotion in your story! I love it and csan't wait to finish it!
Spotted Dancer chapter 5 . 3/12/2010
Oh. My. Goodness... I can't believe you did that. I was so into reading, reading,reading and then all the sudden I'm like HOLY CRAP! No Fricken Way. I totally didn't expect that at ALL! lol. Aww man, So There really isn't any Slasy Saturday Nights at the lodging house. Darn.
Spotted Dancer chapter 1 . 3/12/2010
Woot! That was fantabulous! I was almost in tears from Mush's flashblack! That was greatly written!
HeadedForSantaFe chapter 11 . 3/28/2006
I love it! This is seriousaly one of the best Blush fics I have ever read.
laina chapter 1 . 6/4/2005
I was just wondering, is Johnny Mush?
cabingirls chapter 11 . 3/31/2005
Haha wtf that ending was fucking EVIL! It's like...just so weird. o_O Your Race is so damn creepy.

Good story though. I still have a weird expression on my face.
Dreamless-Mermaid chapter 11 . 7/21/2004
aw...yay! yay, yay, yay! ((cheers)) I'm so happy for Blink and Mush...heh my friend and I call the Blink and Mush slashes "Blush" hehe...Awesome, awesome story. And now, off to read the sequal! ((dances away))

~Dreamless_Mermai~
Dreamless-Mermaid chapter 8 . 7/21/2004
Oh man...this chapter was excellent. It ((loud sniff)) it made me cry! Damn this vivid imagination of mine...plus the details of this has a part too. This story is sweet and romantic and I'm loving every minute of it. I cried for what the guys did to Mush...((sniffs again)) I never cry when I read stories, or if I do I don't actually CRY. You know if you can make someone cry, you're a great writer. That you are. LoL Can't wait for the next chapter!

~Dreamless_Mermaid~
FlitShadowflame chapter 11 . 3/19/2004
all jack really wanted was pinhead?
*shudder* no excuse for raping anyone.
and yes race, that is a little evil. just a tiny bit.
mushie-baby...so adorable...
blinky-boy...so hot...
yummy.
itts chapter 5 . 12/11/2003
can't login, i believe I've reviewed this chapter about sixteen times.
but I fucking love it.
-faints-
love!
Itts
Marigold chapter 11 . 10/15/2003
Meep! This is one of the best (if not the best) Mush/Blink story I've read! I was kinda put off by the wrist-cutting and the evil! Cowboy, since I like my stories cotton-candy-fluffy, but this was really good! Racetrack's turn around at the end was a little ackward, as was Jack's evilness! But it was really well-written. There needs to be more Newsies slash now! Write more, please?
Twiggy chapter 11 . 9/2/2003
Hey, I just read the story...I LOVE IT! It's the BEST slash story I have ever read. Keep it up! And, you picked my favorite couple was in there! You got MAJOR props for this!

Tiwggy