Reviews for Progeny
James Kev chapter 3 . 6/13
Great story! You got me to hate Tifa and feel sorry for Cloud. If my girlfriend pulled this shit on me, I would be far less forgiving.
MarleNadia chapter 3 . 8/21/2019
This is one of the first stores I’ve read of yours longed before we talked. It’s such a good read. Amazing work for a quick Cloti fix for any fan!
Kuro Kiishi chapter 3 . 8/31/2018
Oh my god, this fanfic is fantastic! I don’t see a lot of fanfics written like this so it was really refreshing. I really like the way you portray the characters and especially the relationship between Cloud and Tifa. I often don’t see it because people like writing them as a slow burn kind of couple, myself included, so seeing something different is always welcome.

Now I love Tifa but when she was bothered at where Cloud was staying and hated that he was living in such horrible conditions, I wanted to strangle her. It was her that put him in that situation in the first place, even though she felt justified for doing so.

And I applaud you the big reveal. I was not expecting it and I definitely had an “oh shit” moment, and I just needed to calm down and stop reading for a few minutes. I’m such a sucker for fics where Cloud can’t have kids because of the mako. It definitely reminds me of the Witcher series. Call me morbid but I find it fascinating that there are consequences to having such great powers. Cloud realizing that he can probably bench press a truck but it’s at the cost of not having kids and how Tifa, who is so loyal and just loves him unconditionally, who realizes that she can’t have kids but she doesn’t care. Or maybe she does but won’t let it show.

And a lovely way to end this story. Can’t say I wasn’t expecting it but I like the idea of a “found” family, one where they aren’t related but they all just stick together. This was definitely an amazing read! Big thumbs up for you on a job well done!
FinalFlowers chapter 1 . 3/6/2018
This story was interesting, I never thought that Cloud was a one night stand kind of guy, but he wasn't quite himself when Haley was concieved. Anyway, a fantastic story from you, time to go and read the other two!
KB chapter 3 . 2/8/2018
I would first like to express how well you wrote this story. Too often, fan fiction ideas are too implausible, and characters are way off base. I think you did a great job on all points.
I like to try to predict where authors are going with their stories. I thought you were going to throw one more twist. My idea, due to Mako exposure SOLDIERs have a low probability of having children but it is still possible. Tifa gets some genetic testing of her own done and finds she has some of the same oddities in her genetics that Cloud does. This would be because of their shared time in the Lifestream while Cloud had lost his mind in Mideel. Therefore, the child really is Clouds. She was conceived even with low probability, and their genes don't match completely because of his time in the Lifestream after Priscilla's aunt had already conceived.
Sayaka M chapter 3 . 2/5/2018
Wow. You ended that beautifully and brought it all together for that nice, happy ending without it feeling forced. I am very impressed. I'm looking forward to your updates on your current stories and any future Final Fantasy stories you decide to start.
Alcantis chapter 3 . 2/4/2018
That's a huge relief! I'm glad they made up! Trust. And open communication are vital keys to relationships XD Are we gonna have another shot for this? Like have their own baby, perhaps..?
Guest chapter 3 . 2/2/2018
When watching AC and reading OTWTAS, i also thought Cloud will never be able to have kids and that kinda explains his relationship with Tifa in the movie, you know, living together as a couple but not really husband and wife while adopting orphans.
I love this shot ! Really looking forward to another short fic of yours.
AnimeAngel111 chapter 3 . 2/3/2018
Oh, I am SO glad he didn't do it! Though he should've been honest with Tifa from the beginning instead of trying to hide what he asked Reno to do from her, especially when things were spiraling downhill and FAST. But I guess that's just Cloud having difficulties communicating.

Sorry for the outburst earlier but men who try getting out of taking responsibility for a child they fathered really makes me MAD. And it happens far too often in the real world.

I also wouldn't be surprised if Shinra purposely didn't look too closely at the mutations to avoid taking responsibility for their SOLDIERs actions.

Anyway, I'm just glad Cloud was a good person and stepped up with things working out in the end.
Denebola Leo chapter 3 . 2/2/2018
Aaaaaaaaah
Rikku Shinra chapter 2 . 2/1/2018
I love how you portrayed Reno. Tifa needs to go to Rufus, he just fixes everything, plus it would be messed up if they had framed him as the father.
kima chapter 2 . 1/31/2018
ok. I want to know! Wow! I"ll be waiting the next chap! Thanks!
Alcantis chapter 2 . 1/30/2018
Omf. This is really heartbreaking. I can't imagine this happening to them. But I understand Tifa, but I think she should have let Cloud talk ... And hey! You promised not to break my heart! I'll hold you to that! Haha
GamesGurlTrixie chapter 2 . 1/30/2018
I'm glad you wrote another chapter! The drama begins *evil smirk*. I really want to know what Reno and Cloud have been up to, and go Tifa for showing you're not gonna put up with crap!
Sayaka M chapter 2 . 1/30/2018
I didn't think I'd be able to feel any pity for Cloud after your first chapter, and I still feel like he deserves how Tifa reacted, but I do feel that tiny inkling of pity for him. I'm not quite sure if Tifa is misunderstanding something or if Cloud is playing dumb, so I'll be looking forward to your next chapter for some more clarity.