Reviews for Cast My Soul to the Sea
chisscientist chapter 4 . 4/25/2009
I enjoyed this. It is good to find something about the events of the second age. There is little out there. Too little.
Lillz chapter 4 . 12/17/2008
excellent! fanatstic story :)
Linda chapter 4 . 11/20/2008
I do love this story and the one before it. Hope you will have the next on up soon!
Oleanne chapter 4 . 9/14/2008
Beautiful story with excellent characterizations. I love Glorfindel's slightly impish nature. You capture Bronwe's tumultuous feelings amazingly well and carry us through a time in which tolkien only gives sparse detail.

And of course Cirdan's wise edict: "Find joy!"

Excellent work! A pleasure to read.
SkyChild chapter 4 . 9/14/2008
Wonderful... I'm glad Bronwe didn't sail. Your story universe would've been a lot emptier without her!

"For anyone interested" - count me in :) *adds to Author Alert*
SkyChild chapter 3 . 9/14/2008
Wow, another one, so soon... thank you!

Something has ended, and something is about to begin. lost souls gather to found a haven... please go on asap!

"Glorfindel would do anything to keep his friends safe. Anything. Even if it meant sacrifice." I love these lines.

May the Muse kiss you ;)

Take care!
Shemyaza1 chapter 2 . 9/10/2008
Nicely done. This is an era of the history of the Elves which is not often addressed by fanfiction authors and Tolkien himself gives a sketchy background. Other than the basics of what occurred in Ost in Edhil as some sort of backdrop to the story of the gradual buildup to the Last Alliance, Tolkien obviously didn't have time to address what could have occurred. How lucky are we that we have so many talented fanfiction writers around to fill in the gaps?

Very nice believable depictions of Glorfindel and Elrond and an equally good build up to the relationship they have. Bronwen's hurt and her lashing out at Glorfindel from the depths of that pain is very realistic. The last memory she has of Glorfindel and Taurion is them having an argument, so he would be the one she would strike at in her pain.

I can see why you have decided that many would not benefit from being taken back to Lindon although I think they wouldn't have faced any kind of negativity there unless it was because they believed that Gil-galad had delayed too long in sending help and was therefore responsible for the number of slain. However I think the idea of a hidden valley refuge which was easy to defend but difficult to breach would be very attractive to those who had just been through.

I personally think that there would have been more to Gil-galad's apparent indecisiveness than is immediately obvious. Many of those who were in Ost in Edhil had gone there in order to escape being overseen by the High King of the Noldor in Lindon. Among those were Celeborn and Galadriel who had dwelt and ruled for a time in Ost in Edhil.

We don't know what went down before those decisions were made. There could have been such bad blood between the various groups that Gil-galad may have hesitated at taking an action which could have been construed as interference. He would have been in the uncomfortable position of having to try and keep the peace between everyone!

All in all though a wonderful start to a lovely well-written tale. I look forward to reading more so get writing!
Tuima chapter 2 . 9/9/2008
Wow! Beautifully written, and beautifully canonical. There aren't enough fics like this one; I'm excited to read the rest!

~Tuima
SkyChild chapter 2 . 9/9/2008
I can't believe it - an update! I hadn't really expected one anymore, to be honest. *_*

This part is extremely well-written, your style is a pleasure to read, and I can't wait to see what will happen next! The founding of Imladris is a part most stories leave out, after all.

Looking forward to the next chapter,

SkyChild
Oleanne chapter 2 . 9/8/2008
The interaction between Elrond & Glorfindel was great - as was the discord between Taurion & Glorfindel. Of course not everyone can get along! But it's tragic that Taurion was among the many who were killed. Such horror that they were not in time to save elves in Ost-in-Edhil. They could only try to gather survivors and retreat - or in Elrond's suggestion move to safety in the mountains and establish Imladris. I like your premise and your original characters. Hope to read more!
delumacar chapter 1 . 1/12/2005
Its great. Update soon, please!
Jazmin3 Firewing chapter 1 . 8/16/2004
It's nice! Why are you unhappy with it? Please update soon: I want to see what happens!
SugarIcing chapter 1 . 6/3/2004
Whoo.

This needs to be continued. And quickly.

Yay! Glorfie!

*Giggles* I'm sorry...inside joke.

Icing :P