Reviews for See No Evil
The blind bat Elizabeth is even too keen with Wickham in this story. Turning into an unpleasant read
Mr Bingley was a wimp in those times
You wrote her blind while Darcy was still a proud ass.
Silly end
maggieci chapter 4 . 1/12
What a fascinating story! That Lizzy and Anne are fast friends seems so natural. I love that Anne goes on adventures and lives a little. And I like your writing experiment; it's worked out well.
Mantharie81 chapter 3 . 12/2/2023
I normally just think of Mr. Collins as silly or arrogant, depending on the story, but I absolutely loved this chapter. I doubt I would read an entire story in his pic, but this was very well done. You captured his essence divinely.
GalaxyVeined chapter 16 . 11/12/2023
She's so manipulative. I love her.
Guest chapter 16 . 9/29/2023
After reading this for a second time...I loved this story all over again!
Peperuda chapter 1 . 8/26/2023
That was great. I loved Elizabeth’s direct bluntness. Poor Mr Darcy she left him 'for dead.' Thanks.
Guest chapter 16 . 5/1/2023
You've done it again! Another great story :)
Guest chapter 3 . 4/30/2023
Enjoying the storyline & looking forward to where it will go :)
Scarleigh chapter 5 . 3/26/2023
This is the only story I've read where the Colonel has been a villain and I don't like it. Not to say I don't like the story, just that no matter what the story he is consistently shown as a good guy and I like it. Oh well, I guess there had to come a time at some point that he had to be the bad guy.
kathleen.murphy.12979431 chapter 16 . 3/18/2023
Utterly captivating and brilliant! I truly loved this story, you are an incredible writer! I hope you continue writing P&P variations for a long time to come, and hope you enjoyed your visit to Sydney! I live roughly an hour away from Sydney and I know it’s a beautiful city. Thankyou so much for sharing your talent and stories, I’ve enjoyed every last one of them!
Anne chapter 15 . 3/7/2023
Thank you for the story; I enjoy reading your work. I came back to this chapter after finishing the story because I was sure I missed something. How and why was Elizabeth on Flyspeck Island? The boats in the harbor are described as the boat Darcy arrived on and some mail packets (which mysteriously manage to deliver mail to Darcy in a place that none of his correspondents would have expected him to be). And, speaking of mail, a much-read letter carried for some time in a jacket pocket (and described as practically a rag) is not likely to crinkle when folded.
maembe13 chapter 1 . 12/23/2022
I have to admit my favorite parts of this story are Anne and Elizabeth romping around the wilds of America and Darcy's friendship with Jane. The absolute freedom and joy and delight found in exploration and adventure and deep relationship between Anne and Elizabeth is lovely. It was the perfect pairing and a very satisfying way for this pair to grow. The dark twist with the Colonel was very unexpected. I appreciate allowing normally "good" characters to have the chance to play the occasional villain and I appreciated his role in forcing Bingley and Jane together. However, at that moment in the story, as Darcy considered his offer to Jane Bennet, I found myself somehow disappointed that you didn't take that bunny trail to its final conclusion. I know, I know. Canon couples must stick together... however, in this story and in the context of the excellent argument you had already made in favor of the match, I found myself fascinated to see how it would end up. How would they suit? How would they grow and learn to make the best of it? I could believe they would genuinely be happy.

I did enjoy the Charlotte development and the choices she made for herself. Her part of the story was the most compelling of the entire tale. You captured the struggle and emotion and tense moments so very well. The tone of the cottage, tCharlotte's struggles with her place and position, her final conclusion were all quite poignant. It almost seems it could have stood alone as its own separate story and then been allowed to shine without getting overshadowed by Lizzy and Darcy.

Lizzy's challenges based on her blindness were interesting to ponder. I think there needed to be more consideration on how her condition would be seen by Darcy's social world and what challenges she would face in the role of the mistress of an estate.

I will say, I found it a rather perfect irony that the handsome man with the beautiful estate goes to the woman who cannot see either. While she can appreciate both in her own unique way of seeing (which is probably better by far for Darcy), I still found it deliciously ironic.

Once again, another great story from you. Thanks so much!