Reviews for Tears of Anger
PinkRose235 chapter 1 . 7/20
wow, this is amazing. It really seems in character and her reaction was really really realistic too, good job!
TheLestrangeMistress chapter 1 . 4/17
I love how blind-sided Bellatrix is by Rodolphus's death and that she felt more than she thought that she would by it. The struggle between emotions was very realistic and I can see Bellatrix really wanting to be strong yet at the same time being overwhelmed by everything.
TrueBeliever831 chapter 1 . 4/15
This is a pairing I don't get to read very often so this was rather enjoyable for me. I can say, I've never really though of Bellatrix caring for Rodolphus so this was quite a pleasant read. I just always pictured her being to infatuated with Voldermort to care about her husband, while Roldolphus cared very much for her. I don't know, maybe that is because it is the way I wrote them the one and only time I wrote them. :'D haha. Anyways, it is very realistic for a wife to want revenge or justice when her husband is killed. It was also interesting seeing some sadness out of Bellatrix. You do a lovely job writing her. You made me care about how she was feeling in this! Wonderful Job!
-Danie.
from-the-mountain-to-the ocean chapter 1 . 2/27
Yessss...

Sorry it took me so long to review. Life has been hectic lately.

At any rate — this made my heart clench for Bellatrix. Even though I beta’ed this, it is still just as well-written and powerfully emotional as I found it when you sent it to me. I admit that I don’t read much about Bellatrix, but this makes me want to read more.

There was nothing I could critique (because I think I found everything the first time around, lol). Amazing story!

~ Alana
Cookies and Ink chapter 1 . 2/23
It's amazing how something so brief can be so powerful. I always find fics that are Bellatrix - centric really interesting because she's such a cold, evil character in canon. We only really see her express emotion when it's to do with the Dark Lord, her own conquests or in that prologue in Half Blood Prince, when she and Narcissa clearly have a sibling bond.

In that very first paragraph, you humanised her, when you wrote about her fighting back tears. I think that's something so many of us can relate too. The shock and disbelief of Rodolphus, who'd always been there for her, always in the background, suddenly being gone was a nice touch.

I would have liked this to be a bit longer since it was only 301 words including the author's notes. Also I'd have appreciated a bit more insight into why now, after not really paying him much mind, Bellatrix realises that she did feel something for Rodolphus or will miss him.

Still, in so few words, you packed a punch Maisie. Thank you.
RainyDayReading chapter 1 . 2/15
*gasps* I love this. Love, love, love this.
I adore how Bellatrix realizes that she actually cared about Rodolphus; that's such an interesting side of her that we never get to see.
And you actually made my heart break for her, which was incredible- the description of the letter really showed her pain and grief.
Gorgeous drabble! :)
The Crownless Queen chapter 1 . 2/15
Oh, this was very interesting. This was a side of Bellatrix we don't see often - I mean, we usually see her display anger and mockery, but never this kind of pain over the loss of somebody, and I like how that humanizes her, even if it seems a little bit out of character for her. Nonetheless, you did manage to not make it too out of character, so in that way this side of her seems believable. And having her show some attachment to her husband is normal - I kind of wish we had gotten more of this, to be honest; that you had gotten more in depth with her feeling over his death and all.
I liked the idea of her keeping a picture from their wedding. I don't really know why, but I can sorta see it?
And of course the fact that Bellatrix acknowledges that she can't ever be as devoted to another man than she already is to Voldemort (even if that man would be her husband) is great.
I liked that Bellatrix realized that what she thought she'd feel at Rodolphus' death wasn't actually right. That she felt more sad than the sorta passive anger she'd expected. I still think more anger - an expension on that last sentence on her vow of revenge, perhaps - would have been more in character for her, but otherwise it was rather nice to read.
I kinda wish we had gotten to see Bella's revenge too :p I mean, it would have been glorious.
Nice work! :)
Cheers!
ipsa dixit chapter 1 . 2/4
i love this aha. i love how you managed to put so much emotion into this small little fic and how you were able to convey bellatrix's feelings really well and have her frustration come off as very /real/. i also like that it's sort of a background for her because she wants vengeance. very nice fic ~
Someone aka Me chapter 1 . 2/1
Oooh, this is really interesting. I like seeing bellatrix fight her emotions before they finally get the better of her, not a lot, but just enough. I love vengeance oriented Bellatrix at the end, because that's seems very in character for how Bellatrix would grieve. You've packed a ton of emotion into such a short fic; I love it.