Reviews for Idea Repository
Arrowman chapter 6 . 9/5/2020
You really are on of the best HP authors around.
Arrowman chapter 5 . 9/5/2020
I'd red the fic.
thepkrmgc chapter 9 . 7/1/2020
gamer!mannis for the win!
Jimbocous chapter 12 . 3/14/2020
Thanks for some great reads!
Kairan1979 chapter 8 . 2/13/2020
Interesting Omake III. I wonder if Draco will be arrested after Slughorn's death, or Dumbledore will keep protecting him from justice.
Kairan1979 chapter 10 . 2/13/2020
Nice to see the marriage contracs NOT used to bind and enslave Harry and Hermione. Thare are too many stories like that.
Kairan1979 chapter 11 . 2/13/2020
Damn! I wish Vigilante!Trelawney was a complete story.
Kairan1979 chapter 12 . 2/13/2020
'Severe Sabotage' was my favorite part, though Peter abandoning Voldemort makes sense too.
Slytherin66 chapter 12 . 1/18/2020
This was great very true about Toms return a part snake won blend in and pure bloods in the inner circle don't seem a fan of magical creatures unless hunting them like Mcnair. Maybe he could hunt Nagini too. Bellatrix might want some new boots made from the skin.

Riddle being part Gaunt in his blood line even more than being half blood should concern people, insanity never a good sign in a boss.

I loved blood taken from an enemy Riddle has lots of those and Harry's blood could have botched the ritual or killed Tom right away. It took ages to get too.

Humble Harry was funny for flesh of the servant, can a seeker be one armed?

Magical contracts seem far too powerful or the DADA job might have don't die, flee or kill Harry potter.

Peter acting on his nature, nobody sane seemed keen to seek out Riddle or kiss his robes again. Riddle staying gone makes Albus look paranoid and we know that leads to retirement. I wonder what fake moody will do perhaps exit as well.

The Hogwarts drunk seer will look a fraud too, not a bad thing.

Thanks for posting this.
Katzztar chapter 12 . 1/17/2020
I agree, fandom likes to mess with canon Harry a lot. Going from one extreme to another Good Dursleys that treat Harry well to truly sadistic Dursleys that torture him. they make Harry range from even more naïve to smart, dumb, or genius to gifted in power, making magical Animagus possible to necromancy to even divination! They play with his family Potters alive but somehow tricked to giving up Harry, to they raise him well to favoring another child and neglecting or abusing him. They've changed who his father is from Severus (YUCK) to random OC to Voldemort? (WTF)

Others are not safe either, Dumbledore ranges from good intentioned mentor to befuddled old man to evil mastermind. Friends made enemies and really despicable characters are rewritten to be redeemed or appoligist method is used to "explain" why "they were never evil, just misunderstood". (stand aside Snape, Draco and Bella, I'm going to barf)

But most keep to the canon version of the resurrection or just barely change it. Even when they make Harry smarter in GoF, as you say, they do not change it!
So it's a nice change to see authors who do just that and toy with the scene in the graveyard.
All these were enjoyable.

The joke at Cedric's actor playing a vampire in Twilight was funny. As much as I hate that franchise, I like jokes at it.

I liked the mocking tone of the Cursed Child compliant one. Seriously that was one of worst of the several Character Assassinations done in that fanboy-fantasy-somehow-made-into-a-play-then-made-into-a-book.

I loved the last one of having the power the Dark Lord knows not is Pettigrew's betrayal.
CastleTrime chapter 12 . 1/16/2020
Nice idea for Pettigrew betrayal, never trust a traitor.
On the subject of magical contacts, we see one in OotP and it's a magical document that applies the curse to those who break the contract, so magic contracts obviously exist. The only question therefore is can you be bound by someone else entering your name. Through I do like your point on how complaining while claiming he didn't enter would look in such a scenario
Kalstorm99 chapter 12 . 1/16/2020
nice.
MerlinUchiha chapter 12 . 1/16/2020
Finally someone points how absurd magical oaths have become. The only genuine oath that would have actual magic enforcing it would be the unbreakable vow, and that is something that most people either don’t know or can’t preform. At the end of the day the “binding contract” in the Goblet of Fire would be similar to a wedding vow rather than a unbreakable vow. He could have just avoided the tasks all together but he would probably be known to everyone as an oath breaker and ruined all his credibility.
Rake1810 chapter 12 . 1/16/2020
All of these ideas were excellent but Severe Sabotage was hilarious. Also an excellent point in your AN and an excellent recommendation at the end
Guest chapter 10 . 1/3/2020
There's even a spell to detect invisible ink. It's called Aparecium and it can be cast by a second year student.

*snort*

You do know that Herman plotted with the Ginslut so that said Ginslut could ensnare Harry. (somehow, "dating" Harry's entire dorm gives him a Chest Monster from the movie, Alien, and Harry interprets this as love) As such, Herman would have used invisible ink against Harry, not the Ginslut.

Nonetheless, you're absolutely right about Rowling's Magical Contracts (TM). Plus, Duress isn't even ground for discharging a RMC (TM).
95 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 5 6 .. Last Next »