Reviews for A Challenge Unexpected
Fyr RedNight chapter 43 . 3/13
Oh my goodness, this series as been an amazing and wonderful adventure and pleasure to read. I'm ever so glad I chanced upon it.

I must say that, at first I was quite skeptical about the whole Kal-El being blood-adopted into the Potter family, but oh, was I shortsighted... With much needed retrospective it was simply brilliant. And actually makes so much sense to have a Kryptonian Harry Potter in a story!

Also, speaking of brilliance, Draco as the Lex of this world was something I absolutely didn't forsee, especially the way how you lead to it.

I had a smile by the end when I realized this Harry's allies and friends became Justice League's members counterparts, which is just mind-blogging, the Avengers and the Justice League in one universe...

All in all, I'm happy to have read this fantastic universe of yours.

Thank you oh so very much for sharing this with us all!
Raven of the Whiplash chapter 43 . 2/14
After reading through all 4 parts, I do have to be honest and say that im dissapointed with the series overall. It feels as if you were limiting Harry's potential for some reason. By making him Kal-El, you've given him all this lore and all this potential, but limited it to just the world of Harry Potter, epilogue non inclusive.

The pacing was also quite odd. I understand separating the story into 4 separate ones instead of having one large story, but having large swaths of dialogue dedicated to quiddich and the meaning things like that seemed like a waste. They offered no progression to the story except for 2 games that voldemort took advantage of.

Including Grindelwald was a fantastic idea, and turning Draco into a "Lex Luthor" was also brilliant, but you didn't really go anywhere with those storyline. Draco's is still technically incomplete.

At the end of it all, I enjoyed the story for what it was: a Smart!Harry fic, because the Kryptonian Physiology was severely underused. It was an enjoyable series, but one that deserves a rewrite that digs deeper into the Superman Mythos, and doesn't end on a cliffhanger.
pincho chapter 43 . 11/20/2023
Hate to say it but the last chapter was the best of the story. Get rid of Malfoy and it would be pretty good. But if it was meant to be a universe fusion vs crossover, it was good.
pincho chapter 33 . 11/20/2023
Yaya Lex is free! Oh sorry I mean Draco is free...yay.
pincho chapter 24 . 11/19/2023
So everyone got to choose their hostage But Harry...please don't be one of those
pincho chapter 13 . 11/19/2023
Did it again, it was specifically stated that the Hogwarts wards would stop animagi from entering as part of the new wards. That means that Skeeter shouldn't be able to get in as she was not part of Kitsune media.

And even if she was part of the news there jor el should have picked her up. What good is an ai that isn't continually monitoring everything around the person it's supposed to protect?
Incantations7 chapter 43 . 11/7/2023
As ridiculously over powered that he would be, against someone like Thanos, wouldn’t you want to be assured of victory when the universe is at stake?
Charles Adedeji chapter 43 . 9/27/2023
Hoping for more
sol.leksthewolf2021 chapter 30 . 9/26/2023
Famous weapons from Norse/Germanic mythology and Folklore was a great choice for assault team names! Love it!
Planar-Walking-Entertainment chapter 19 . 8/22/2023
They came to an interesting conclusion… HILARIOUSLY WRONG THOUGH.
LoveSpock chapter 43 . 3/9/2023
Excellent storyline! Would love to see more!

Do they ever find more obscurials?

Mando-Vet chapter 43 . 2/12/2023
An amazing end to an amazing story; I hope you return to it one day, but if not, it's outstanding all the same.
Sleeper 3173 chapter 43 . 1/23/2023
So Harry's team is made up of the 5 Obscurials, Luna, Hermione, and Ginny?

Harem, or does he not end up with anyone?
wsbenge chapter 1 . 1/14/2023
I recently discovered your stories. Good work. Very entertaining.

Kryptonions, Jedi, SG1 ancients ... all had cultural suicidal faults. Where would the story go if they were perfect?

Superman never tried to reestablish his race. Became a reporter of all things.
s.roest02 chapter 5 . 1/4/2023
Well some guys just can't hold their arcenic...

Yes I'm quoting from cellblock tango, it's just so fitting with that last bit...