Reviews for At the End of His Rope
Laurelinde chapter 96 . 7/29/2006
Aw...Wow. This story...just takes my breath away. The first to truly make me cry, and well deserved too. Every chapter a joy to read. Thank you.
Endaewen chapter 95 . 9/29/2005
I know I reviewed this story once before, but re-reading it, I had to do so again. I hope you are writing some more stories.

You seem to have the characters the way the master writer for this world got them, which is something I have trouble doing.
Endaewen chapter 96 . 9/19/2005
This has been an incredible story. Now added to my favourites list.
bucklander chapter 96 . 8/18/2004
96 chapters. Nailed. Haha! *claps* That was quite a tale!

I must admitt, those 96 chapter glowering at me had me a bit hesistant to start this at first, but, I am none the worse for wear now that I'm finished! I swear, I'm going to be saying "your as drunk as a Brandybuck" for the rest of my life now haha! This was quite the rollicking adventure, with our poor Thain, then the drought, famine and disease! The angst! I was *so* happy Merry's baby was all right in the end, little Miri, how sweet. Excellent job!
Huygens chapter 68 . 3/17/2004
Bless your compulsive Muse. She is a fierce taskmaster, but she lives to please not only you, but your audience. We are all blessed.
Huygens chapter 3 . 3/15/2004
Once again, I'm reading and enjoying a story you've written. I've been quite selfish in not thanking you up until now, so thanks so much for sharing yourself through all of your wonderful tales! You are what fan fiction is all about!
bohogirl chapter 96 . 2/8/2004
took a week to read this whole thing but I LOVED it! One day, I hope to sit down and read all of your stories in a row. I love how you created a whole little "world" of your own! Just WONDERFUL!
Elainor chapter 96 . 12/2/2003
I have read a few of your stories now all of them completed but I'm hoping that you check your reviews every now and again, for I just had to tell you how much I enjoy your writing! The hobbits come alive and the danger is never contrived and silly, but real and understandable. It is also the way that you write the characters that I love. Ferdi and Regi are so believable as loyal Tooks and Pippin still growing up when he returns is very understandable. I love that Bergil is added to the story and Strider is written so close yet so far as he was in the book. You also have a wonderful way of bringing Frodo into the tale though he is gone and it is exciting to know that he is remembered. Seeing Legolas and Gimli, Faramir and Eowyn, Eomer and Strider and Arwen together again with the hobbits is also heartwarming. It is good to know that those left behind did not forget.
Aemilia Rose chapter 96 . 8/8/2003
Phew! That took me a while to read! 96 chapters!

I love all of your stories! I remember the first time I found this one, I was turned away by the number of chapters. I didn't think a story with this many chapters could be that good. Boy, was I wrong! After Merlin and Flames, I got so caught up in your stories . . . that I simply HAD to read this one! I had to! You're an amazing author, and I love your writing style! And you capture the hobbits simply PERFECTLY! I am in the shadow of your greatness! *Bows*

Thank you very much for the wonderful and fantastic read!
Hai chapter 96 . 6/24/2003
I hate to see it end like everyone else, but it was wonderful and entrancing! Thank for such a wonderful read I know I can always count on you for spectacular hobbit stories! Thank you!
Dana4 chapter 96 . 6/16/2003
I'm glad you're addicted to fanfic. I'm addicted to yours!

All I can say about this chapter? I'm sad to see the story go, but I can't think of a more perfect ending than the one that you have written. And that's it, m'dear. You have brought this story to such a wonderful ending, so fitting. You've done so much for it, with so little. And there are no other words, but that.

Oh, well, I'm glad that Bergil is recognised as the hobbit that he properly is. *grin*
Dana4 chapter 95 . 6/16/2003
Ah! I laugh! This chapter is delightful. I mean, looking for Pippin, and not being able to find him! They most certainly didn't expect to find him eating. Ah, I love it. I love Pippin. I love this story. I feel almost uneasy, to head onto the final chapter... ekk, I mean, this story has just been so much... light and laughter and shadow, too, And it fits together and it all works so well and it's coming to its end.

Ack. Trying to get the emotions out now, so I won't leave a soppy final review. This story is just wonderful, I've never read something like it, completely. Because there are things that carry in from other stories, yes, but it's new and different, here. Love it.

Agh. Brains getting frazzled again. Am really glad someone suggested that they notice the mark on Ferdi's neck. Just wouldn't seem right if it hadn't been noticed, you know? I think you do...
Dana4 chapter 94 . 6/16/2003
This chapter takes my heart and squeezes it and it's LOVELY. I can just picture Pippin, can almost hear him, telling the hobbits gathered about, how close the world came to ending, how big a world there really is out there beyond the Shire, and how it was just a single hobbit, with the help of another, who was just his gardener, who got him to the very edge of doom. And they wouldn't be there, if it hadn't been for Frodo and Sam.

And this:

'Cousin Frodo,' Ferdi whispered. Pippin nodded. Ferdi went on, 'He didn't pay for all that food with Bilbo's gold before he sailed away, then.'

Gack... I just love this chapter so so much. Especially that, to this...

The Thain stood and raised his glass in a silent toast, and all the hobbits followed suit. They drank to Frodo's memory, and to new beginnings, and the New Year.

I'd have just copied and pasted it all, but that was just a bit too much. Really, though... it's breathless and lovely and you can feel it and I love it.

Glad you added the rest after the first section, as I love Ferdi and Pippin's conversation, as well, the third. It would have been just perfect alone, but with the rest? It's more than just perfect, flowing from one part to another. I love the chapter. I most definitely love the end.

Only said love 6 times. *chuckle*
Hippy Hobbit chapter 96 . 6/16/2003
Wow. I am speechless. I have been reading this story every now and then over the past few months and I must say, you are a brillent writer! I can't wait to go read more of your works!

Thank you SO much!

Hippy
Bookworm2000 chapter 96 . 6/16/2003
'He saved us all.'

That line is going to stick with me. That's just- ooh, there are no words for it! I'm so glad Frodo's gotten the recognition he's deserved all along. I think I'll read your other stories now!