Reviews for Turned Tables: The Long Story
fklong2d chapter 37 . 8/15
Great story. particularly enjoyed the Clown mission chapters. It's obvious you research your topics thoroughly and U really liked the part where you described their clown act. Well done.

As always, I enjoy your writing and always look forward to new ones.

Keep up the good work...it's awesome!

Regards
SWchuckFan chapter 37 . 6/19
Freaking loved your story! The circus was some of the best stuff ive read. Characters were all awesome. Charah was really good from the beginning to end. Thx for sharing (yea i know im late haha). Nothing like a train is next!
UnYawn chapter 37 . 4/6
Zettel for the win again. I love the way you turned the Chuck story and concept on its head. Another phenomenal story.
Dan Anderson chapter 1 . 3/21
I have mixed feelings about the premise of this story. Most of that surrounds what this change means for the two characters and their relationship. On the one hand, their equal professional status means the bureaucratic barriers to their relationship are all but gone. That’s a huge positive. They won’t have to endure the dark arc of the beginning of season 3.

On the other hand, this changes a lot about who Chuck is and how Sarah perceives him. Canon Chuck was fundamentally honest. Except for when he hid his mental problems from Sarah in the latter half of season 3 and white lies necessary for the integrity of missions (both official and unofficial), Chuck never wavered from this. He may have lied about things, but he was always honest about himself. This is the person Sarah and I fell in love with (in different ways, mind you :).

The implications of this deceit have to be serious for Sarah and, by extension, their relationship. For one, their dynamic has completely changed. Sarah was always the professional, Chuck’s knight in shining armor. Now she learns that not only did he probably not even need her protection, but he’s also more professional than her: a better spy, deeper undercover, capable of out-witting the Ice Queen.

In a twisted way, he’s also partially confirming her father’s warning – that love is a con. By Chuck’s admission, the love may be real, but the man she fell in love with turned out to be the one to pull the biggest con on her. Sarah lives in a world of lies, but the members of that world also don’t try to hide their deceit. She knows that Graham, Bryce, Shaw, and other spies – good and bad – constantly manipulate and have hidden agendas. She can trust to distrust them; they’re honest about their dishonesty. Chuck, however, was perhaps the most dishonest of them all in lying about his honesty.

Granted, I’m looking at the most extreme, worst-case scenario here. I’m sure (at least I hope) that a lot of who Chuck is won’t change too much and that the two of them will work things out. As Sarah says, the feelings are still there, now they just have a lot more to work through. They have 37 chapters to do so, and I’m looking forward to it. Thanks for writing!
nevr chapter 37 . 3/20
Plenty of twists and turns in this expanded version. I thoroughly enjoyed reading how Sarah and Chuck adapted throughthe story. They loved each other from the start but it was never that easy for them. Liz and Carina were great. It was frustrating that Carina didin’t want to accept them and tried to convince one or the other to separate, but her confession to Chuck made it seem more understandable. Frost was hard to like and deliberately so, but she got better.
So, another great fic, thanks.
guest chapter 10 . 2/8
Those last were fighting words sir.
If I had leather gloves, I would slap you and demand satisfaction on the field of honor for hitting us in the feels!
You rotten bastard! ;-)
Amelia Wolfson chapter 17 . 1/25
Rastelli kinda reminds me of a mildly sober Jeff. How he would say or do those hyper-observant things which Lester would usually brush off as ludicrous.
AwesomeCasey chapter 37 . 1/22
Even with its share of drama and angst, every chapter of this story was a fun read. The plot was really far-ranging in scope but you brought all the moving parts together in one cohesive tale. Another great addition to your “Chuck” arsenal.
AwesomeCasey chapter 23 . 1/21
I never thought I was afflicted with coulrophobia but this circus mission might have stared me down that path! Lots of fun reading and more twists and turns with the plot. Nice!
AwesomeCasey chapter 7 . 1/20
Fascinating take on a new Will they won’t they...keeping that fresh and emotional despite new layers of lies. Nice!
AwesomeCasey chapter 2 . 1/20
This is a great premise for a story. I’m very interested to see where the new twist takes us.
Katie Langville chapter 37 . 10/28/2020
This is a great story. Plenty of suspense, but enough light to keep me reading. And such a neat idea to do it with Chuck as a full agent and no intersect.
JHershey chapter 37 . 10/27/2020
Really enjoyed this one. Creative, fun and just the right amount of drama. Thanks for sharing.
PGHammer chapter 9 . 10/2/2020
Okay - why Romney? Simple - Romney is not far from the very-recently shuttered (yet very real) Naval Security Group Activity Sugar Grove, West Virginia (in fact, NAVSECGRUACT Sugar Grove had a guest-starring role in James Bamford's "The Puzzle Palace"). While I have never been to NAVSECGRUACT Sugar Grove, I HAVE been to Romney - you could EASILY had a spook safehouse in Romney, WV; very few neighbors - and most would not ask questions - like MOST of West Virginia, to be honest.
PGHammer chapter 1 . 10/2/2020
Ouch - a BMW 7-series! Yes - my mom has had TWO of them; both were 740 iLs. (The 740iL is basically the BMW "factory stretch". Unlike the later versions, it came with a "mere" V8 - though there is nothing MERE about a V-8 from the Bavarian Motor Works.) Between the smoothness of those V8s and that ton of room in the rear, even back-seat passengers get "spoiled spoiled spoiled".