Reviews for Turned Tables: The Long Story
Steve Newton chapter 5 . 10/21
This seems to be all about character development, or, at least, exploration. I'm liking it.

I am not commenting on every chapter because, I sometimes want to go back and comment and I can't, because, I have used up my commenting allotment. I like to go back sometimes. Also, it has been quite some time since this was posted and I don't want to go over old ground. I don't read the previous reviews before I do mine. Some good discussions could result from this, but, the time is long past for this and this forum doesn't seem to allow discussion.
Steve Newton chapter 1 . 10/20
I'm really liking the tone and the direction. Sarah's dilemma is similar to what she dealt with in the series, I think.

Also, on a petty level, this is better edited than some. No superfluous words, or misspellings.
Steve Newton chapter 2 . 10/18
Sarah as an avenging angel with a flaming sword. It works.

Her psyche profile seems to be spot on.

This seems to be the Sarah of the series. Could she be deceived about the Intersect? Not sure.
SomethingSemperDux chapter 26 . 9/27
Fantastic story so far. I just thought that I should mention that the DGSI wasn't called DGSI until 2014, and was only made an idea in 2008.
I really wish Chuck had retorted with 'Sure, great, Mom needs to be forgiven. I needed an actual mother growing up. I needed to know what happened to my father. I need to process all this at my own pace. Who the hell cares what Mary needs?'
mkays68 chapter 37 . 9/11
I just finished reading this for the first time.

Excellent work!
Tpsoftballdad chapter 37 . 9/11
Just finished this excellent story and loved the idea of Agent Chuck faking having the Intersect with his eidetic memory in order to test Sarah’s loyalty. Such an interesting and entertaining twist of the show’s bedrock principles. Also loved the development of Chuck and Sarah’s relationship. A Must Read! Thank you
CraigBes007 chapter 37 . 6/12
Just wanted to say thank you for a great story
michaelfmx chapter 28 . 3/17
Well, at least now we know that Graham isn’t up to any shenanigans and is actually dead. Must be a relief for Sarah. It should make her decision when all this is said and done much easier. The only really strong connection she had to the CIA, both good and bad, is no longer there.

Loved how quick on his feet Chuck was in this chapter. Watching him work Sartre without him knowing it was very entertaining. I would think it made Sarah fall even deeper since this mission showed not only how capable Chuck is of doing what needs to be done, but also how he can do it while still being the guy she thinks he is.

Riker...not sure how his strong presence here is going to complicate things. But obviously Sarah won’t be able to show her face on that boat, so it could get interesting. Looks like this mission is about to reach a head. Looking forward to seeing how it plays out.
michaelfmx chapter 27 . 3/17
Man, Carina is insesant. Even for her she’s really going at it hard. I was wondering if she really believed what she was saying to Chuck until she played the recording for Sarah. Seems that she did, underneath her spy mask, realize that there was something deeper between Chuck and Sarah. And the glimpse of envy that Carina showed kid of proves Sarah’s point from earlier in the story, that Carina does have a softer and more vulnerable side to her, one that nobody has ever seen, with the exception of Sarah maybe. But even with all this, at least we can see that Carina is looking out for Sarah, albeit in her own way. Loved this whole set up and conversation.
jwatkins chapter 37 . 2/27
I don't know how I could have overlooked this story. Absolutely amazing! I haven't been able to "put it down" since I started. I really loved this AU. Such a fascinating idea from the start. I'm not going to lie, the Postlude had me choked up. Truly heart-warming and a wonderful wrap up. Enough closure to keep from having that overwhelming sense of loss, longing or emptiness at the end. I could certainly read more if it came, but I am satisfied. Although, a name for the baby might be good. Samantha ? :)
Thank you for this story. It was definitely a treat to read.
JW
michaelfmx chapter 26 . 1/11
Interesting introduction to Paris. As I figured, Chuck isn’t himself. I’m glad Sarah found a gentle way to call him out on it. In particular because open communication always seemed to be a huge part of their issue in canon, but it hasn’t been in this story. Instead of internalizing Chuck’s moods and getting in a mood herself, she’s taken the role Chuck usually takes and is making sure that he knows that she’s there. Another interesting role reversal.

Although I’m sure this is not what either of them had in mind for their first trip to Paris, at least they’ve had their moment at the Eiffel Tower. And what a kment that was. Even though their relationship hasn’t been in question for quite some time, it almost feels like that was the first moment when they were able to forget their life for a second and truly just be a couple in love. I know it didn’t last long, but it has to be an additional motivating factor, not that they really needed one, to get to a normal life as soon as possible.

I’m very much looking forward to seeing how things go with Carina now that it has to be clear in her mind that Chuck is supposed to me off limits. Does Carina have her limits? Guess I’m about to find out. By the way, sorry about any typos, writing this on my iPad on a bus ride to a school field trip.
cavemenftw chapter 37 . 1/10
Aww. I nearly forgot about Chris Parks. That was a nice sorta summation/prolog. Awesome stuff.
cavemenftw chapter 36 . 1/10
I loved this story so much. Thanks for sharing it. (Modern English for the ending, It's one of my favorite songs used on the show. I think it works.)
cavemenftw chapter 32 . 1/8
What's fantastic part of this story France was. I didn't think you could outdo the circus but here we are.