Reviews for Aces, Charles
michaelfmx chapter 11 . 7/31
So...I got so carried away reading that I'm basically reviewing the last few chapters here at the end. And I have to say, what a refreshing story, and certainly a brand new angle on our favorite characters. Loved seeing Sarah develop through this story, from a person that really trusted nobody, to someone who realized she had it in her to trust again. I found her insistence on this repayment plan to really suit her character, and Chuck's understanding of what it meant to her even more telling. It's funny looking back now, considering where they are in their relationship now, who this all started off. That one brief encounter at the poker table had such a lasting effect on both of them. And their chemistry and their interactions always felt real. That's the true sign of a well written story.

I have to admit, putting them in the poker world fascinated me. You used names of players that I have often watched on tv and would love to have an opportunity to meet. But the fact that you had the likes of Phil Gordon and Daniel Negreanu know them well enough to understand what they were going through was extra special. I did notice that there was no Phil Hellmuth in the story. I have to admit that seeing one of his blow ups in a hand against Chuck would have had huge entertainment value for me. The down side of that is that you probably would have had to change the rating on the story. No way to have a classic Hellmuth moment and keep it clean.

Anyway, thanks for writing this and sorry I was a bit late to the party. This is definitely going straight into my favorites.
michaelfmx chapter 6 . 7/27
Ok, it's late at night, but I just wanted to review this quickly. Jenny's conflict is quite entertaining. But I get her panic, especially since she thinks that Chuck gave up his company for her. That would seem like a huge commitment.

The scene at the poker table did make me laugh. It was very unlike the Sarah from canon, but then again, this isn't Sarah from canon, it's Jenny from this AU. Clearly Jenny doesn't hold her liquor as well as i imagine Sarah would. And this probably goes without saying, but I'm very glad that chick is. To allowing Jenny to get her way with him right now. When the moment comes, which I have a feeling will be when they wake up in the morning, they both need to be in full control of their faculties. Looking forward to that.
michaelfmx chapter 4 . 7/27
Screw the fluff police. The timing isn't right yet. If you rush the first kiss, then you run the chance of messing up the timing. Nut I do like that they kind of maybe forgot where they were and what they were doing, and that the cameras got them. I wonder how Sarah will react when that comes out. From her conversation with Casey, I'm not sure if she's quite ready to admit it. Sorry, I meant Jenny...that's so hard to write.

The pace in the last couple of chapters have moved on kind of quickly. At first I thought that maybe the pace of the personal relationship was actually moving too fast, that they went from re-connecting to trust too quickly...but then I remembered who we were talking about. That these two have a connection unlike any other couple. So it wasn't too fast, it has actually been five months in the making.

And I'm not sure how may other readers are poker junkies, but to the best of my abilities, I'm trying to keep an eye on any slip ups I see with the poker tour stuff. I like the use of the WPT in this. Looks to me like you did your research.
michaelfmx chapter 2 . 7/27
Hey David. So this is the first story of yours I've read...sorry about that. I figure I would start with a completed story, since the pace you're updating 3-4 different stories right now would make me dizzy. Plus, the whole beta thing has kept me a touch busy.

But this story with a poker theme...I had to read. Like you, I've dabbled a little bit in the game. Interesting that you prefer Razz, I don't think many people would say that. I've played Razz as part of HORSE games, but just home games, although I did play a HORSE tournament once in Vegas...didn't go too well.

Anyway, this story has me hooked early, although the end of this chapter really confused me. I have no idea at all what just happened, and who Sarah just gave all her money to. And I appreciate the angst. It's hard for a story to be fluff all the time every chapter sometimes. The angst seems fitting here. Look forward to more.
Newfanfikker chapter 11 . 6/10
The delay caused me an Alzheimer's problem Almost lost it when Chuck said "I need you to get Sarah in bed" forgot that Sarah was the baby:)
Nice job, thanks
baldcoder chapter 11 . 6/10
Thanks for the update! Great story!
sevenrez chapter 11 . 6/6
Thank you!
wilf21 chapter 11 . 6/6
A lovely ending thank you. Ties up a great story nicely.
chuck fan 81 chapter 11 . 6/6
Fantastic ending to a fantastic story . thankyou
fezzywhigg chapter 11 . 6/5
This was a great wrap up. Their baby girl being named Sarah threw me a little but it was perfect. Chuck and Sarah, sorry, Jenny having an expanding family is a favorite of mine. I seem to recall Yvonne saying that Chuck fans would be happy with Chuck and Sarah on an island with lots of kids. I couldn't agree more ;)
Crazzywally chapter 11 . 6/5
A great way to end a wonderful story.
phnxgrl chapter 11 . 6/5
Kudos on a heartwarming ending.
TianC chapter 10 . 3/31
Great story! and a great way to wrap things up, i loved it! thank you so much for this!
j.santacruz98 chapter 10 . 3/30
I loved it, and I must say your writing is very enjoyable
I can't wait for your other tales.
True Love Lives Forever chapter 10 . 3/29