Reviews for Barbed Wire and Red Ribbons
Starco4everr chapter 15 . 7/29/2019
Please update more. I love your story
bloodyeye769 chapter 1 . 7/1/2019
I'm so glad to finally find a fanfic which is written as well as this one, because it feels like I've been searching forever. apart from tiny spelling mistakes, I see nothing wrong at all with how you went about writing this.I adore how well you've adapted the characters into this au, making them significantly different in a way that actually changes the telling of the story some, but not making such a huge dramatic and cringy change that the characters are unrecognizable. I hope you do continue with this fanfic, and from here on out, I'm going to probably be really dedicated to seeing what you come up with next.
ChameleonGiant chapter 15 . 6/25/2019
Ok I saw this story in passing a few times before and wasn’t going to read it until I realized you were the one who wrote it and I am really pleasantly surprised that I like it so much? Not because I expected any less after reading your other svtfoe fic but more because I had actually thought it wasn’t something I was gonna dig at all. Now I can’t stop myself from imagining Delinquent Marco and this more mannered and careful version of Star meeting their alternate selves from the show haha.

I hadn’t actually realized how much Star is like Canon Marco until the Ponyhead adventure. I really like it too, seeing their similarities. It makes imagining them meeting all the more amusing, if the fact that there’s an actual bad boy version of Marco wasn’t hilariously ironic enough. It’s also really cool seeing the show play out like one would expect but in an alternate way at the same time. Like how Ponyhead decides to take them to the Amethyst Arcade after probably realizing Star isn’t comfortable in a party setting (the two locations that also occur in the same episode). I liked how their personalities affect the situation. Marco is also pretty funny and amusing to watch whenever he gets so easily heated, whether out of anger or plain embarrassment. It also only just hit me that Marco is 14 and doing drugs, which is a super young age to already be hanging out with the wrong crowd (yikes!). Although his crowd doesn’t seem nearly that bad. Janna is always fun to read about what with her antics and Alfonso and Ferguson seem pretty tame. I imagine it all comes down to a more complicated history between other kids, so it’s pretty interesting to see this troublemaker still having those essences of kindness and concern that make him feel like Marco underneath all the broodiness and anger.

Anyways, love your story, so happy I got to read it. And for real, how do you not have more reviews on this story? It’s freakin’ awesome!
lagbr3akz chapter 1 . 6/7/2019
Man, after reading this, I feel like I'm in this for some QUALITY CRINGE. And that is true, because im cringing a lot right now, and please, send help

Shaeril McBrown chapter 1 . 4/12/2019
I could write the Fashionista and the Violinist AU
Ronald reagan chapter 15 . 3/7/2019
are you still writing or is the story moot at this point?
StillUnsure chapter 15 . 7/16/2018
I love this fic! I literally squealed and did a little dance when i saw that you had updated lol. I'm a sucker for bad boy AUs and I think you're doing a really great job of changing Star and Marco's personalities to fit the story, but not so much that they're nothing like their canon selves, like how they both have the same friends as they do in the show despite their differences. Also, I like that they learn pretty quickly that they're attracted to each other, but are still trying to push aside/deny their feelings. I'm all about a slow burn romance :D
SugarQueen97 chapter 15 . 7/11/2018
Ohh Star clear that you like Marco to touch you hehehe
Your writing is incredibly romantic in every second.
Metre chapter 14 . 5/1/2018
Nice, really looking forward to more
awesomeness0329 chapter 13 . 4/22/2018
I love their interaction and i love how marco can't resist star! I'm really looking forward in seing romance between the two. I also love the way you write its really understandable and amazing. So please update my dear awesome author :)
Guest chapter 1 . 4/17/2018
Really a "Harry Potter" reference; "I don't try to find trouble, trouble finds me." Or however it goes.
Useful76 chapter 13 . 4/12/2018
Too cute. Can't wait for their interactions with the rest of the Canon events. I wonder what changes you'll make. Gonna be fun.
Sugar chapter 13 . 4/12/2018
something tells me that Marco will be very jealous when he meets Tom xD.
car213 chapter 12 . 4/5/2018
great so far love it
Useful76 chapter 12 . 3/23/2018
Loving this whole thing. The detailed interactions and thoughts of each character make this story a cut way above the rest. I like Star and Marco's interactions too. She wants to be a good girl and follow the rules but she is subconciously letting him do what he wants. Conversely, the self proclaimed bad boy finds himself unwittingly bending to her will. Perhaps they'll meet somewhere in the middle when they realize they might like each other more than just physical attraction.

So yeah, keep up the good work. Can't wait till next time.