Reviews for Tragic Heroes
Princess Asuna chapter 16 . 6/21/2010
hated the ending, but aside from that a good story. I didnt like how you make Hikaru forget everything. also how you didnt even do much with snake after Hikaru woke up. Meaning you could have say a short lil blurb about maybe "future" appearing and saying something like your work is done, snake and Hikaru say their good byes and go home. I guess i just feel the ending was rushed a bit But as said aside from that good story
Kithrin chapter 16 . 6/21/2010
loved it, the only objections i had were the memory wipe hikaru had, and what happened with snake?
Designed Metal chapter 16 . 3/11/2010
This story is so awesome I tell you. I also got pretty astonished the way Hikaru managed to destroy an entire enemy base without lifting a finger. Everything in this story is complete explosive action packed. I really liked the way Hikaru managed to destroy one of Metal Gear experiments without using her Mashin. However, I'm a little disappointed because the "Future" refused to let Hikaru summon her Mashin in battle. I hope they would let her summon Hikaru's Mashin next time; if they did, I'm sure it will improve this story's results. Thank you for your efforts on this story!
zRISC chapter 16 . 6/13/2009
First i was this and decided that i had to read it out of sheer curiosity to see how it turned out.

Never thought that the story would turn out being of this excellent quality.

Both characters have quite the same kind of feelings of regret towards their own actions that they couldn't avoid to do because of circumstances, although one is still a newbie, and the other a really seasoned veteran at both tactical espionage and being victims of PTSD; The characterizations you made are masterful :). Would say that even i was expecting a kiss between them, Hikaru being the one who literally jumped on Snake at the end. Definitely reading it makes one feel in both universes at once, with the MGS battle theme playing in my mind all the time while reading action packed scenes.

It would be nice to add an epilogue about what Snake thinks of the adventure in his time... and maybe writing another short story of him going in a trip to Japan to try finding some sort of inner peace, and ends up finding Hikaru and Friends and maybe even going to Cephiro for a while; while Hikaru suddenly remembers everything of the adventure (Future also could appear in Cephiro and have some kind of argument with Clef and treating him like a child) and makes one of her scenes of SNAKE-CHAN! while making Lantis jealous XD!

well, just some wild ideas i spilled :D

Liked a lot your story, and it's quite consistent i'd say.
escudo-blade chapter 1 . 4/6/2009
I read this a long time ago on ...

Still love it
Grey Wolf4 chapter 16 . 12/19/2007
This is a great story and not a bad idea for a crossover, this has great characterisations particuarly of the comradeship between Snake and Hikaru. And the title is all too appropriate to describe those two, plus you've handled their emotions very well. One memorable scene where Hikaru accidentally kills those men and the emotions she felt were all too realistic and very IC for Hikaru.
Dr. Bross chapter 16 . 5/8/2004
Well, well, well... Tragic Heroes has come to an end. And oh boy, was it well worth the wait and the read. The end, pulled of quite nicely. I still like the comments by Hikaru at the end. "What am I doing with a bandana on my head?". Yup, very nice work. Well, if you ever get anything up again. I'll be sure to take a look at it. Job well done man.
Viet Dragon chapter 15 . 4/15/2004
wow i cant get enough of this i hope u make cuz i damn this is great
Dr. Bross chapter 15 . 4/4/2004
I noticed one small thing where a "to" was accidently typed in as a "yo". Anyway, with that out of the way, I just wanna say I can't wait to see what Metal Gear Gander is going to be all about. Heh heh heh. This should be good.
Dr. Bross chapter 14 . 3/15/2004
Woo! Heh heh heh. What a great swordfight scene. Once again, you continue to put a face on the villians, but wait, maybe they aren't so much villians as they are misguided? Oh well, I'm sure we'll find out all about it when the story continues. It's always a pleasant surprise to find a new chapter added to your story.
Dr. Bross chapter 13 . 2/3/2004
Wow! Lots of fireworks in this chapter. What a great way to get back into the story. With a bang that is. Just lots of cool stuff going on with Hikaru bowing the #$% out of the factory. Heh heh heh. I wonder when Snake will make his reappearance.
dragonax2k4 chapter 1 . 1/17/2004
hey grey fox remember me?
Its dragonax2k1 from TAKE THE PLACE.
Im doing a new story and wanted to know if u wanted to be in it.
Contact me via email or review if u want to.
Dr. Bross chapter 12 . 1/5/2004
Hey, is that classic... "Mysterious Caller". I guess it wouldn't be Metal Gear without a mysterious caller. I guess it'd be way to simple to say it's some cyborg ninja, but I guess I'll have to wait until the next chapter. Way to keep things rolling Fox. Until next chapter.
Dr. Bross chapter 11 . 12/20/2003
See, I like all the little backstories to the enemies. That's why FOX-HOUND in MGS was so appealing. They were more than one-dimentional characters. That's the way I can look at Piranha now. The twin Hind D fight was also a nice touch. "Not one, but two copters! Yes two!" Or however that lame sales pitch goes. Heh heh heh. Keep on truckin'... er... writing.
Dr. Bross chapter 10 . 11/30/2003
Hot damn. You got yourself a cool story. The fight with Piranha was awesome. A water cannon? Reminds me of Metal Gear Ray's water cannon. That was cool. The clones and the fight with the Geneticist... awesome stuff. Oh yeah, the Cardboard box trick is back! Heh heh heh. That's like Snakes trademark. Oh well, can't wait till chapter 11 shows up. It seems that it's a mistake to leave anyone alive in this story.