Reviews for Unlikely Detectives
Guest chapter 8 . 8/9/2020
This was exceptional! I love how you wrote Batman - much, much better than the emotionally repressed life-denier I so often see in fanfic. He had really fun chemistry with Kara!

As well, I thought the mystery was well paced and interesting. Well done!
jonceime chapter 8 . 1/20/2019
Literally mind blown over the amount of quality in this story. Definitely one of my new favorites!
nada2342 chapter 8 . 8/26/2018
Great story. Fantastic characterization.
My only complaint: why isn't it longer?

Well done.
Khiori chapter 8 . 7/25/2018
That was perfect.

I think you kept true to both their characters.

Your writing skills really are superb, it was a truly honest delight to read this story. Intelligent, smooth flowing, humored, well plotted, everything. All the right details and moments were there. The characters were real feeling and were just as completely lovable in 'jeans' mode as they were in 'cape' mode. There was just the right amount of action and slowly building feeling. I like how you took the time for everything and yet somehow never bogged down anywhere.

I'm actually really sad that the story is over. So here's big puppy eyes hoping for more PG and Bat stories (starring together or in their own stories, I'm not picky).

Good work here, seriously. This goes in my saved stories for rereading often. I really enjoyed it. Thanks so much for a well written story.
Khiori chapter 7 . 7/25/2018
Perfect. Made me laugh and lean waaay to close to my monitor for the action.

Absolutely loved her Batman style train fight. What made it end just right, and entirely HER, was her sniffed 'jerks'. That's her personality exactly.

Really enjoyed how you let her be the one to figure out the danger-it showed the intelligence she has and why the two of them would be able to work together.

And I have to say, the two of them teasing each other on the rooftop was just right.
Khiori chapter 5 . 7/25/2018
This was so fun. Love the way the two mess with each other, all while fussing over Charlotte. Great way to showcase his Bruce Wayne/Prince Charming mode and let him flirt a bit with Karen at the same time and get away with it. Perfect Batman moment-two levels talking at the same time.

I am really enjoying your work, everything from how you write itself to the way you run a story and how to operate characters. I REALLY hope you write more PG and Batman stories.
Khiori chapter 4 . 7/25/2018
This chapter was pure fun to read.

Love how Karen and Bruce talk together-that whole point of relationship works perfectly against how her beginning 'date' does NOT. What a great way to show what and who matters to her life. I really enjoy how you just tell the story and let the reader find all the fun inside it. So many authors try and shove stuff at the reader or over tell and it ruins the story. Your way lets the story flow naturally and characters and relationships just develop smoothly. Really works.

Made me laugh-the bad guy caught between a pissed off Power Girl and a scary Batman. So funny.

Great transitions between character moments (like the two of them talking in her office) and action centered moments (like the hunt and chase scenes), it gives the reader great pacing, letting the quiet sweet and funny moments or the serious problem solving moments move at their own natural speed against their faster action team ups. Smart writing. Nothing bogs down or moves too fast-you don't sacrifice characterization or let action overwhelm everything else, the story has a wholeness and dramatic balance that keeps it feeling like real life and not just 'a fic'. Awesome.
Khiori chapter 3 . 7/25/2018
LOL, PG and B ganging up on Leland-pure fun and done in just the right mode for two superheroes in their 'secret identity' disguises.

I really love how you portray Karen-superb writing of a female superhero: intelligent, humored, sophisticated, strong personality, caring, etc. So many fics make women dumb and useless, you're showing her as she is, worthy to work along side of Batman.

I also really enjoy how you aren't heavy handed here-we get hints and tidbits, understatement and dry humor and so on. The story isn't beating us in the head with anything, just letting us purely enjoy it. Again, your style of writing is intelligent and good humored and it really works fantastically.
Khiori chapter 2 . 7/25/2018
Love Alfred here-excellent way to balance Batman and Power Girl. Again, really love the humor and serious blend. The details are delight and give richness.

My favorite lines are all Alfred's this time-his side comments about compliments, his very British delight in her recognizing the pattern on the china, and then his poke at Batman in New York. Well done.

Great use of JL members as references and enhancements of details-made for grins without bogging the story down.
Khiori chapter 1 . 7/25/2018
This was VERY good. Intelligent writing is pure delight to read. Your ability to capture characters is spot on-Karen 'sounds' like herself here, whether she is in her business CEO mode or on a 'date' or in full on superhero state. A lot of people can't balance her humor, intelligence, temperament, and protective good heart. You've nailed it. She feels like a real person here. Superb work. Love your attention to useful details directly involving her (her collection and how she's more excited for the new piece than the date, her cat's description which perfectly summed up its personality, etc.), as well as the details surrounding her (everything from her office to how she moves). Dialogue was just right and your writing vocabulary use throughout the chapter was exactly the right match for Karen. This was interesting immediately and kept the interest by characterization skill and then later action. Very happy I found this. Thank you!
MrAwesome8 chapter 8 . 5/14/2018
You are a good writer, I'm surprised at the amount of reviews you get...it should be a lot more !
Onmyoudou chapter 8 . 4/11/2018
You know, while I've never thought that comic book characters dating outside of their respective series regardless of them being part of the same continuity works (except for maybe Black Canary and Green Arrow), I'll admit that ever since I read that Power Girl run where she teams up with Bruce after Final Crisis and Return of Bruce Wayne that you kept referencing here that I couldn't help but think that they had a lot of potential as a couple, a true Power Couple... Jesus Christ that was terrible, I apologize.

Anyways, this a rather good story here, the characters are practically indistinguishable from their canon counterparts as far as characterization and personality goes, most of the reasons as to why they could work as a couple are exhibited very well here, though given that's all from her POV it lacks his input and thoughts, the plot is very simplistic, bare-bones almost, but it serves it's purpose just fine, and just for morbid sake, Clark's reaction was a must... Oh well, we can't have everything in this life.
RecklessBaka chapter 8 . 3/6/2018
That was a great ride. It was just as long as it needed to be, but wonderfully written as well.

I do wish it was a full blown series of Powergirl and Batman coming together, but this story left me satisfied and happy.

I also really loved all the comic references throughout the story; it's apparent that you've done your research.
Hyper-Nexus chapter 8 . 3/5/2018
Really enjoyed reading this. Love your writing style and your portrayal of Power Girl, She's an underrated character. I wouldn't be opposed if you decide to write a sequel exploring Bruce and Karen's relationship.
Rdaneel999 chapter 8 . 3/5/2018
Beautiful ending, thank you. I loved how their relationship developed at the end. Also, I had wanted to ask, was it intentional to have Karen forget that Franklin had indeed called her that morning when she ignored his call? I would have imagined that that missed call had been registered the same day since it was made during her first visit to Charlotte.