Reviews for Swords and Roses
angela340278 chapter 35 . 10/21
You did a wonderful job.
kageknuser2710 chapter 35 . 10/6
Freaking work of art! I read it in one sitting. This is, hands down, one of the best fanfics on this page.
SurplusHook chapter 35 . 9/24
Loved it
yochan123 chapter 25 . 9/16
Die mace die
yochan123 chapter 19 . 9/16
Lord Stark...your innocence in politics would be endearing if it weren't so dangerous, while you have been looking into things as bold as brass you have only seen what a particular person wants you to see. The Lannisters would never have moved against Jon Arryn as he was too cowed by them to act against their interests given the debt that is owed to them, the King would never appoint Tywin Lannister as Hand and so here you are and you are now looking into a conspiracy that could well involve them. No the person that benefits the most from Jon Arryn's death is Petyr Baelish and Lady Lysa Arryn herself."

YUP ned is fucked by the Tully bitches
yochan123 chapter 13 . 9/16
What good is magic if you can’t do more with it!

Peace is a goal, not a means to an end, conflict was always on the horizon and to appease your enemies would only delay the inevitable. They would demand more and more until you were unable or unwilling to exceed to anymore of their demands. The Lannisters were a case in point, they demanded more and more power within the city and Jon Arryn allowed this to happen weakening relations with other houses and making the Lannisters so strong it would be near suicide to go against them. The King was another example, to keep the peace Jon Arryn allowed Robert Baratheon to walk all over him,

And honestly that’s so dumnledore of him…besides only his grandma seems to be great she should be the master of whisperers…it’s not like the lannisters are being discreet.
Kerick chapter 2 . 9/15
10%? That’s crazy low…33% would be a more reasonable amount…. considering not only was he thrust into the situation without his consent and he did all the work, olena would be disappointed.
Kerick chapter 1 . 9/15
Not sure if you know or I haven’t gotten there yet, garlan and wilis are the older brothers of loras and margery…. Mace has 4 kids…
Thank you for one of the most entertaining and enticing stories I've read in a while. I could barely put my phone down over the last few days.

An odd thought I had about one of your plot points earlier in the story won't leave me alone... When you brought Jon to the one island full of dragonglass on its shores, the thought occurred to me that the dragons could be utilized as more than flying flamethrowers. Assuming that all a wight/walker needs is s cut from thr glasd, couldn't the dragons be used essentially as bombers, dropping loads of small peices of dragonglass over the night king's army? That would work in 2 ways-the ones getting hit with flying glass, and those stepping on it-in essence, glass caltrops.

Don't mind my musing, just happened to come to me. Again, thank you for writing this excellent story-I look forward to seeing what else you can come up with.
The MC reminds me of a stupid anime harem protagonist who has read to many chinese light novels! He acts tought and preaches about survival of the fittest but acts like Harry Potter and a hero. Fuck other people only you and your family matters, he should keep his priorities straight.
"Harry however was not so sure and a nagging feeling in the back of his mind told him it was not over. Without a body he could not be sure of Euron's death, so he could only hope that his instincts were wrong and Euron was dead."

The Great Commander taught Harry not to believe his eyes, but what the hell is Harry talking about?! He always said that his intuition never failed him, and now he does not believe in it like an idiot, and "hopes" for the death of Euron...
DocCBM chapter 35 . 9/6