Reviews for Of Cigar Smoke and Moonglow
Designation chapter 2 . 10/5/2011
It's been over 8 years since you posted this, and I'd just like to affirm that those truths that you know are still true, and that this story and your thoughts were well worth reading.
Shandrial chapter 1 . 4/15/2010
That was lovely to read. I adore Hannibal and Face's relationship in here. I can very easily see them and something of a father and son figure. Hannibal's the oldest of the team, and Face being the youngest, story wise anyway. Even if he is your XO, it'd be pretty natural for people to kind of look out, so to speak, for the youngest, its like a natural reaction.
Long Live BRUCAS chapter 1 . 10/10/2009
Very good.

i love what Hannibal and Face wrote for each other. To trust him.
Calenmarwen chapter 2 . 10/1/2009
Firstly you write very well, and I enjoy a lot of your work. Secondly excellent poems. Thirdly, Thank-You, the future seems kind of uncertain to me at the moment, and I think I rather needed to hear that everything would be alright, and this story gave me that. I read once that tears are just pain leaving the body. Hopefully my tears released by your writing will enable me to progress with the most important thing; hope.
Wildfire's Flame chapter 2 . 8/1/2007
Dear Skybright Daye,

I was truly touched and moved by this story. I haven't seen Without Reservations since I was a little girl and I have not yet gotten the dvd set that it is on. I know that this episode is one of my favorites though, because it is one of the few episodes that I remember when most of the others were vague recollections.

I find the Whitman poem does truly fit Hannibal and I am glad that Face added his last notation to it. _ Very touching and heartwarming. I loved it.
Wattestaebchen chapter 2 . 4/22/2007
Oh my...are you priest? You sure as hell talk like one..Ah sorry your honour...Ilike the way you expl
trecebo chapter 1 . 1/6/2007
Not often I find well-written stories that have depth and meaning. This is definitely one of those. Worth the time and effort.
giveGodtheglory chapter 1 . 4/25/2005
Poem reminds me of myself, too. So do Hannible's comments.
giveGodtheglory chapter 2 . 4/25/2005
(exerpt from poem here)

kalli_lucy_me: wow

trademark1973: Walt Witman

alffarr: wow

trademark1973: sounds sort of like me

alffarr: he wrote that?

trademark1973: yup

trademark1973: in the book called "leaves of grass"

alffarr: EMO! *points at walt*

trademark1973: no, Jesus

alffarr: ah, even better

trademark1973: yup
koolkame chapter 2 . 2/4/2004
When I was in community college, they brought the miniature wall there and put it a small field near the school where I had played touch football in junior high. I didn't know what to think as I walked down the wall and looking at all the names, but I did know what I was feeling, and reading this and "Wailing Wall" reminded me of that. Though none of my family died in Vietnam, I still sympathize with all those who lost and still lose their loved ones today. I really liked these stories, and I may decide to write a letter to my own children, if it ever happens. Peace.
Becky chapter 1 . 10/20/2003
Wow, powerful. I have to admit to harboring a deep, somewhat irrational hatred for Whitman since senior year of high school, but reading this story makes me what to go out and read some of his poetry. I mean it was torturous in high school when we had to analyze everything and what he said never made sense or used complete sentences. The poem you used totally works for Hannibal and I now feel the need to give Whitman a second chance (though I'll come back and blame you if I still find him miserable ;)).
Stormyrose chapter 2 . 10/16/2003
Bless you too, friend.
Stormyrose chapter 1 . 10/16/2003
Aww...I like!
Kudoh chapter 2 . 9/30/2003
This was such a sweet story! I love Hannibal and I love Face, I always thought there was a father-son relationship between them,and I love to see it brought out in fics.

So cute how the poems were used!

Great job!
jd burns chapter 2 . 6/24/2003
Maybe I'm just overly sentimental, but I honestly had tears in my eyes when I finished reading this.

Very well done.