Reviews for Of Cigar Smoke and Moonglow
jd burns chapter 2 . 6/24/2003
Maybe I'm just overly sentimental, but I honestly had tears in my eyes when I finished reading this.

Very well done.
San Antonio Rose chapter 2 . 4/26/2003
Wow. What can I say? This is beautiful and heartfelt, and I can definitely see how the poem applies to Hannibal. But the emotions behind it... again, what can I say? Words fail me.

Wonderful as always, Uncle Friday!
arieswriting chapter 1 . 4/4/2003
That was really beautiful. You integrated the poetry so well it wasn't jarring or disruptive, as lyrics and poetry can be in some works of fiction. I haven't read any Whitman myself, but the words just brought me right to the A-Team...it was as if he was writing about Hannibal. The words Face and Hannibal wrote sounded exactly as they would speak or think. The scene at the wall which Hannibal remembered seemed a little out of place, but after reading your author's note, I understand why. If I had read the other story first, I'm sure it wouldn't have seemed so much of a random change.

All in all, great job, I really loved it.
Deana chapter 1 . 4/3/2003
That was TOTALLY FANTASTIC! An excellent piece of writing! Great emotion, great detail...great everything! The plot idea with the book and the two of them writing in it, replying to each other...it was all-around great! Write more! :)
Zzzzzzz chapter 1 . 3/28/2003
Ah, very nice! I like this characterization of Hannibal and Face, the strength and quietness of their friendship. The poems by Whitman are a seamless fit with the story. Something thoughtful for thoughtful times. Thank you.
Fingerss chapter 2 . 3/28/2003
Daye,

Think I must be in an emotional mood right now (well i know I am... :/) because this story and your author's note really, really touched me.

I don't usually 'go' for stories that have songs / poems in but you handled the insertion of the poems really well - I really really liked the back and forth of the annotations...

You have a good insight into the characters as well and you didn't spen all your time on the poems - I liked the insertion of the everday breakfast scene and the scene in the yard at the beginning.

Can't think of much that could be inmproved at the moment - but I may have another look at it over the weekend...Can I ask you a question - are you involved with the fandom online m/l ists etc at all...? Just seems you have a good handle on the characters ...

And I hope you and Hannibal are right...

Fingers