Reviews for Mischief
time2read chapter 1 . 6/27/2012
such a cute story!
iluvpip chapter 1 . 9/9/2003
Aw! how CUTE! :D

poor Farmir and Boromir, they don't know that they're going to have such sad lives, (until Faramir *SPOILER WARNING*

marries Eowyn) :'(
Lalaithiel Black chapter 1 . 9/8/2003
Aw...It was so cute. The symbolism is great too.
sdfasdfja3242 chapter 1 . 6/27/2003
We! It's me again. Not trying to earn points at all... No, ma'am. Just doing what I should have done when you first posted this fic :-)

The simplicity of this story is perhaps its best feature. I love it. Everyone knows the mischief two boys can find on any day, and, with the knowledge of who they will grow to be, their simple game is transformed into a wonderful statement of how they started along their paths. Lovely!

I find the fact that Boromir is the one to place the hat on Faramir particularly interesting. It definitely shows his care for his younger brother, as he apparently places the fun and contentment of Faramir above himself. Furthermore, perhaps we see a bit of wisdom in young Boromir play, as he gives Faramir a role that requires thinking over prowess in weaponry (a value that Faramir comes to believe in strongly as he grows older). Very cool.

Finally, Gandalf is awesome, as usual. Grandfatherly and wise. "I think there is punishment enough in the embarrassment of being caught." Truer words were never spoken!

Not to mention the image of Faramir in Gandalf's oversized hat! Can we say adorable?

Yet another excellent story for your collection. You rule :)

Cheers!

Erin
vanderwoodsen chapter 1 . 5/24/2003
I really like brotherly fics, non slashy, between f and b. u captured their childhood innocence, so beautifuL!
Megan chapter 1 . 4/22/2003
A very well-written and entertaining story. Really gave me a visual image of the boys. Great job!
Joannawrites chapter 1 . 4/18/2003
Nat,

Hey there, my friend!

I finally stopped looking at the graphics at TOE and started actually reading more of the stories, and this one is one of my favorites!

You know, it's funny and cute, and rings so true not only to children but to these two in particular, but there are layers to the story and hints at things that are so much in their characters and in what we know will come.

It's actually very complex. You have Boromir overshadowing/overpowering Farmir here, you have the whole symbolism of Faramir selecting the wizard's hat while Boromir wields the sword, and then the last line especially was funny, but also a little chilling.

Very, very effective. Very, very engaging. And I find myself glad that I have many more of your stories to enjoy here.

And as far as favorite author lists...right back at you babe!

Joanna
Starfleet Hobbit chapter 1 . 3/28/2003
Aw! This is so cute! I love it! :)
Soledad chapter 1 . 3/28/2003
Aw, that was so sweet! And so rare: a non-angsty Finduilas story! Nicely written, indeed.