Reviews for One Whom I Loved
RavenLady chapter 1 . 12/5/2003
*Wipes eyes* It's about time someone told Mablung's story. You have done so very eloquently. This is beautiful.
Chat Noir chapter 1 . 4/30/2003
Such a sad, sad story... this pairing is also wonderfully *true* and plausible, so much that I wonder why no one has thought of it before. Of course, the idea was just waiting there all ready just for you to come and pick it up and spin it into such a gem of a tale.

The depths of that feeling which is not only the passionate love that has so often be portrayed is entirely caught in this: 'It grieved me to no end to see my beloved with her fire quenched, but naught did I say, for I was glad to have her with me, and I would only have her safe.'

So sad, so quiet, almost as resignated. And this is what makes it so touching.
Ithilwen of Himring chapter 1 . 4/9/2003
Now, this is lovely! Perfectly plausible, too. And both Mablung and Nienor deserve the attention of a good author; I'm glad to see they finally got it.
monocotyledon chapter 1 . 4/2/2003
*sniff sniff*

Aww... poor Mablung... I'm always fond of Mablung/Nienor. It seems Tolkien himself *eluded* to this pairing. This is so heart-breaking... well done.

*fumbles for hanky*
Lalwen chapter 1 . 3/31/2003
Klose, that was truly wonderful! Very poignant, beautifull written and most believable. . .

Your interpretation of Mablung's character was lovely - ah, my heart bleeds for the poor guy! Very Tolkienesque - and unrequited love is always so damn emotional for the reader!

Fantastic :)
Tindomiel chapter 1 . 3/30/2003
so mablung did feel something for her?

that is so sad.
alena chapter 1 . 3/28/2003
Wow, this is just so beautifully-written and heartbreaking. And Mablung: he's just such a wonderful character, it's a wonder that people write so little about him. The thing that touched me especially was the part about how he would lead her by the hand: the closest that that he really could be with her.

Sorry that I don't have anything much constructive to say. It's just as one of the other reviewers said, this feels like it could be true, *was* true, which makes it even more sorrowful.
Elithien chapter 1 . 3/28/2003
Oh dear. *snniffs* most sad. Very nice piece Klose. I liked it a lot.
Belthronding chapter 1 . 3/28/2003
This pairing is so tragic, and I don't see why it couldn't have happened. Poor poor Mablung..The repetition of "adaneth" is v. poetic. I weep for him, I deeply sympathise...

Kudos to you for thinking of it _
Nerdanel chapter 1 . 3/28/2003
This is absolutely wonderful! Very sad and poignant, but my favorite part is the fact that this could of been true. As a matter of fact it is something I had actually thought of before and you have written here almost exactly what I had imagined. Beautiful!
ErinRua chapter 1 . 3/28/2003
Hullo Klose

Just me being too lazy to sign in. :-) I wanted to say that, although I am not conversant in Silmarillion tales, this was just too lovely and wrenching for words. Beautifully poetic, and in keeping with Tolkien's mythic style. Now please excuse me while I go get a hankie. *sniffle* Thanks for sharing!

Cheers

Erin from HA
Editor Maniac chapter 1 . 3/28/2003
ok...the part where the name of the girl was revealed had absolutely no impact on me since I have never read Tolkien never mind that.

However,the constant reference of the girl as "my adaneth" has a really strong pull,and it really brings out the story such that I feel heart broken(slightly)for the poor mention of the mystery of the missing person was so heart wrenching...even though I'm really sleepy now.

did u really like Silence?
Evangilist chapter 1 . 3/28/2003
this is a great story yam, though I didn't really understand it until you told me he was elf...

manz..i think all these stories between elves and men are so depressing cos they can't be together even though they really love each other...

good portrayal of feelings and good descriptions

great work yam! :)
jillian baade chapter 1 . 3/28/2003
How very sad for both Mablung and Nienor
Lady Elleth chapter 1 . 3/28/2003
A wonderful, sad tale. Poor Mablung, poor Nienor.

This is beautifully written, and so very sad - thinking that this could have been true makes everything even more so.

I loved it how you depicted the characters of Nienor and Mablung - she a flower, cold and shy and he a quiet elf, loving and despaired by the difference between him and his adaneth.

*sniffles*