Reviews for The Muton Homeworld
GROGNAK chapter 1 . 6/6/2018
Great work, I loved the story and I look forward to checking out your other works in the near future. Your a very good writer, keep up the good work and stay strong comrade :)
Albino87 chapter 1 . 4/19/2018
Interesting story

I can see follow up chapter on this.
Nice twist on it
Malgelir chapter 1 . 3/29/2018
Well done. I really enjoyed this, especially the unusual developments for the Mutons. This is now in my collection of head Canon.
Dianherdianto chapter 1 . 3/7/2018
This is good. We need more of these XCom fic.
RaptorusMaximus chapter 1 . 3/4/2018
Well done man. This is very good. Almost got tears out of me at a point.
TheShadowAuthor21 chapter 1 . 3/4/2018
I thought that was a very interesting way to see what happens to Earth after they win. Good job!
BbK2442 chapter 1 . 3/4/2018
Oh, wow. Did not expect that ending.

This is a brilliant story. I like the way you set up the beginning to make everyone think this was going to be an action story, only to give us this tragedy. I think this would work even better if you changed the genre to sci-fi/action so as to fool new readers. :)

Is it possible for you to expand on this story? Like, maybe have a researcher discover a videocassette recording of the final battle for the Muton homeworld?
M Tails P chapter 1 . 3/4/2018
Woo! It's finally here!

Overall, I really like the tone you went with for this story. XCOM preparing to finally go on the offensive against the Ethereals... Only to discover that there's already nothing left, and they're still no closer to hurting them permanently than they were on day one. The sense of foreboding is palpable.

And holy crap, the Mutons really didn't go down without a fight. Forcing the Ethereals to fight personally, before even figuring out how to launch a satellite? Yeah, these guys sure did go out with a bang and not a whimper.

I know it's a one shot, but I would love to see a full story based on this.
Kalaong chapter 1 . 3/3/2018
I have this thought that the invading force in X-Com are basically a cyber-psychic plague; they grow by integrating other civilizations into themselves biologically and psychologically, not just by conquering them, but also by being conquered *by* them. Their atrocities are designed to drive species capable of defeating them permanently insane with fear and hate.

It started with the Sectoids, who rampaged and conquered until they were defeated by the Ethereals - but in the process they adopted so much alien technology and tactics they just continued their rampage across the cosmos.

If they conquer you, they use cybernetics and psionics to turn you into their slaves - but if you win without caring *how* you win, you become just as brutal and ruthless as they were, and continue their wars of conquest as the new masters of the Hive Mind.

"Those who play with the devil's toys will be brought by degrees to wield his sword."