Reviews for Piercing The Darkness
lizabug chapter 1 . 1/16/2004
Whenever I read a fic like this, I wonder if Nobuhiro Watsuki ever reads fanfics? I know he gets doujinshi, but for us artistically-challenged folk, it'd be nice to know whether OUR work gets the same appreciation, especially when the stories add so much more depth to the original, as this one, Piercing the Darkness, did. Yeah, it's an alternate setting, but it's not the weirdest thing to ever happen-and I could honestly see Kenshin and Tomoe in that situation 2 or 3 years after the revolution. I always get really frustrated and angry with Tomoe-haters, so I am always so pleased when someone writes a GOOD Kenshin/Tomoe fic. Keep it up!
Mistress Battousai chapter 1 . 9/2/2003
that was beautiful! i really do think that fits kenshin at that time in his life wonderfully! you are a really good writer and should maybe think of going professional. i certainly would buy your books!
Lavender Gaia chapter 1 . 5/26/2003
Hi Akai!

That was really, really sweet and waffy and I loved it. Great details.

Just one question: Did CB read it, and if he did, did he go totally nuts?
Sakura Urimeshi chapter 1 . 4/13/2003
-cries- How swet...gomen...-grin- I'm going on a reviewing spree at the moment so expect alot. Like ya said a HAPPY ending. later
Crystal Snowflakes chapter 1 . 3/30/2003
Aw...that's so sweet
Kay Lady Ami-chan chapter 1 . 3/30/2003
This was wonderful. Admittedly, it expressed something I hadn't read in a good fanfic in awhile. I liked it, very much, and your choice of wording was absolutely perfect. Thank you for a good read.
Lia chapter 1 . 3/29/2003
On babies...

Their eyes are kept tightly shut when they're just born, to keep out the unfamiliar light. After having spent so long in the womb, the outside world seems harsh and uninviting. But soon, they reluctantly open their eyes, blinking away the nine months of blindness. And they see light.

Unfortunately, they see very little else. For the first few days or so, they don't really see anything - blurs, maybe, but nothing distinct. Their eyes have not developed the ability to make out objects yet. Their gazes don't focus; instead, you're left with the impression that they are trying very hard to see an image that persistently eludes them.

It was a great story, with wonderful descriptions. I just thought you might want some details from someone who works with neonates. _- Keep writing.

Love,

Lia
Blueraingurl chapter 1 . 3/29/2003
He remembered the first moment he had set his eyes on the little bundle; tired, mewling quietly for her mother, eyes the same shade as his own gazing curiously at him. He remembered feeling tears in his own eyes, then.

this was beautiful. i could imagine kenshin and tomoe feeling like that. your depiction of emotions and paying attention to the words you use-it's just vivid, realistic.

this fic is also very original because you really touched upon the joy that a child would bring to their parents in a time of great turmoil. I'm also delighted that this fic has a happy ending ) thank you so much and I'm thankful taht you have really given the detail and attention that kenshin and tomoe deserve _ i love ya! (well you know what i mean _
ReAcH chapter 1 . 3/29/2003
hello! that was so kawaii. i love it. as i was reading the story, i can't help but smile. it's so heart-warming. *sigh* i don't know what to say... *sigh* i mean, they're a picture of a perfect family living a normal life (although it's far from it). but i just love it! i hope you'll continue writing these kind of cute short stories, with Tomoe around _. well i think that's it for now! ja!
Crazy Girl Person chapter 1 . 3/28/2003
YEAH! Great story! This one was really cute and I like how you described Kenshin's anxiety about being a father. I am very pleased with this. Music is good for inspiration...now if only I could find a StarFox Adventures soundtrack I'd be a happy camper. ::sigh::

All hail the owner of the father-daughter mush! But...for how long! (Dun Dun DUN!) Tae-san is an extrodinary author, but takes even longer then me to update...(well it's true).