Reviews for Reaching
Lord of Kavaka chapter 9 . 8/27
Kate and Alexis working together was nice. It helps them bond. Some clues as to why Castle was up there are starting to form but there’s still more to school uncover. Kate’s reaction in talking with Gina shows she’s still affected by the missed opportunity between her and Castle, and that those feelings and/or desires to be with him are still there, buried and suppressed, but there.
Lord of Kavaka chapter 8 . 8/24
Some positive developments in this chapter. Kate pushed Officer Thomas to do the right thing, and Castle made i through the second surgery, though that came with some other worries. Hopefully his brain trauma isn't too severe. I'm looking forward to seeing what comes next, if the police chief goes ahead with his press release, or if Officer Thomas can pull through, and then, of course, seeing how Kate reacts to whatever comes next. She's definitely on this case, fully committed and determined to see it through, while trying to ignore certain feelings this situation has brought knocking at the surface.
Lord of Kavaka chapter 7 . 8/24
I like how you wrote Kate inspecting the Ferrari in the impound lot and seeing the damage and making conclusions. She’s known there’s something off about the local police’s investigation into the crash. Her talk with Alexis was interesting, with some mirroring subtext for her own relationships.
Lord of Kavaka chapter 6 . 8/21
What a chapter! The moment with the fangirling nurse was great. And then BAM! we get Kate cracking open his laptop with the password “Beckett” which she is going to try and ignore the implications, only to then find his journals, and oh boy, do those reveal quite a lot.
Lord of Kavaka chapter 5 . 8/21
Good chapter showing how Kate is doing her best to honor her promise to Castle. Interesting scene with Josh. I’ve always believe he suspected there was more to Beckett’s relationship with Castle than work partners or friends. His behavior towards Castle in RISE tells me that. The scene with Jim at the end of the chapter was great.
Lord of Kavaka chapter 4 . 8/15
Oh boy. Beckett is hanging by a thread. She’ll need more than coffee to keep going. Seeing Castle in that state had a big effect on her. She’ll do whatever she can to find out what happened and bring those responsible to justice. Castle letter proves how much he trusts her. That’s a lot of responsibility for her take on. I wonder if this whole incident will bring out unsaid and/or suppressed emotions/feelings.
Lord of Kavaka chapter 3 . 8/15
Great chapter. The intensity and emotions of the situation are depicted very well. Kate is probably right as well go why Castle was smart in selecting her as his emergency contact. She’s currently hanging by a wire, her worry and emotions straining at the seams, but can still retain control despite her concern for her partner. Loved how the doctor confused her for Mrs. Castle and it took Kate a while to register that and correct him. I’m curious to find out what Castle was up to that left him in the state he was in when dropped off at the hospital.
Lord of Kavaka chapter 2 . 8/5
Intense chapter. Interesting to see how Beckett’s worry for Castle dominates her thoughts and actions. It shows the depth of her feelings that are still buried deep within.
Lord of Kavaka chapter 1 . 8/3
This chapter does a really good job of setting Beckett’s mood. You can tell she’s drifted from Josh and that their relationship isn’t as strong as it might have been in the beginning. She spends most of the evening thinking of another man while lounging in her apartment with her boyfriend. At least subconsciously, she’s already out of the relationship. Now I’m curious what this bad news is. I hope it isn’t too bad.
pherman015 chapter 24 . 5/19
Oh tricky, still the best story.
Motte33 chapter 6 . 3/30
Great Story. And funny that Kate once again outed herself to be on the fan forum
supratiksen2000 chapter 24 . 2/15
Hi I am Supratik from Calcutta, India. Oh my god... This was awesome... My compliments to you for writing such good story... I did not see the twist in the end... Wow... Well done... Very well done indeed...
mobazan27 chapter 24 . 1/25
SNAP! The last time I was completely fooled was watching The Sixth Sense and I was joyously pissed that I didn’t figure it out because I’m one of those annoying people that have watched so much and read so much that I’m not easily bamboozled.
I’m joyously pissed. Thank you.
mobazan27 chapter 23 . 1/25
Chewed gum or duct tape work well, too.
mobazan27 chapter 22 . 1/25
Not dizzy, excited. It was a twist I didn’t see coming.