Reviews for Possessions
Darkover chapter 1 . 12/29/2010
Dear Altariel: This was sweet-and I usually think of your fics as being intense, not sweet. Of course, this was intense, too. It was sweet how Gandalf and Faramir met, became allies, and then-eventually, by implication-friends. Your story also had a darker intensity in that Faramir has clearly learned not to express his thoughts or feelings all the time, for fear of punishment. Denethor, appearing at the end with his usual sternness, gives us (and Gandalf) some idea of why. A very well-written story, as usual. Thanks for writing and posting it. Sincerely, Darkover
Taryn Streambattle chapter 1 . 11/30/2009
First story of its kind I have found. I always wondered how Faramir had met Gandalf. Excellent!
Swamp Adder chapter 1 . 8/5/2009
Very nice! It's fitting that they should meet in the library - and I love Gandalf promising to tell the story of 'the dwarves and the dragon... and the burglar.' ; )
duj chapter 1 . 6/2/2009
'I cannot think that that is safe.'

LOL, I thought exactly that, although not quite in those words, when I saw the library scene in the movie. Good explanation.
Anare Silvermoon chapter 1 . 2/28/2009
I don't know why, but the line "I twitched my eyebrows at him" made me giggle like mad ;D *loves the fic* great work!
MiniFruitbat chapter 1 . 9/6/2006
Top-rate writing, I must say.
Rugi chapter 1 . 5/11/2006
Great scene between Gandalf and Faramir. When I read that they met when Faramir was a child, I desperately wanted to read about that meeting. I think you did a great job of showing the person Faramir will become through the boy he was. I also like your bluff, kindly, yet perilous Gandalf.
Rosie26 chapter 1 . 7/25/2004
I love the way you introduce Faramir to Gandalf. Not nearly enough fiction about that relationship. And nicely written, as always.
Pennithil chapter 1 . 2/17/2004
Very cute.
greenleaf-in-bloom chapter 1 . 2/9/2004
Oh!
I really liked that! It was cute.
shie1dmaidenofrohan chapter 1 . 1/17/2004
I like this a lot- very good doing it from Gandalf's perspective. And you show the beginnings of the tension between Denethor and Faramir really well.
Toria chapter 1 . 12/23/2003
I've only just come across this story and it was brilliant! I really liked the way you portrayed Faramir! He's my all time favourite character and you done him justice! good job!
Window Girl chapter 1 . 12/1/2003
Wonderful. And yes, I think I know the story behind Gandalf's ruby.
A. Meril chapter 1 . 11/2/2003
Very sweet...

It gives a nice little background on why Gandalf and Faramir are good friends in the books. Denethor is also nicely characterized as well. That is exactly how I imagined him.

~Elanial
AerinBrown chapter 1 . 9/8/2003
Gandalf with children is just so cute; I really do love that wizard.

'Twas a great story, and I greatly enjoyed reading it.