Reviews for Amigos
Bearit chapter 1 . 12/3/2008
So, my goal when perusing the RGB section was to find something that dealt with the guys when they were in college. And then I find this. And it's... perfect. And I only just finished the first chapter! I love the interactions between Peter and Egon, and how they utterly detest each other. Two completely opposite personalities-I look forward to see when and how they start getting along.

I'm so excited to be reading the next chapters. This fic is a piece of pure gold. Definitely very amazing.
Ara Kane too lazy to sign in chapter 10 . 5/8/2003
This was a great story. You did a great job bringing the guys together and showing the positive effects each one had on the others.
Ara Kane too lazy to sign in chapter 8 . 5/8/2003
I think Peter would have blown his stack when he realized that his paper was based on a sham, but I guess he could appreciate the effort it took to stage a practical joke like that. Poor Ray, tho!

Not sure if you meant "succeeding" instead of "seceding," and you spelled "cubicle" wrong, but what the hey :) Onward to the next chapter.
akane47 chapter 6 . 5/6/2003
What a way to bond! I must admit I didn't know that everything at the party was *enhanced* in some way, so I felt bad when Egon started feeling weird, but it turned out in his favor in the end, didn't it?

Poor Ray!
akane47 chapter 5 . 5/6/2003
I saw a few typos here, but it didn't remove from my enjoyment of your story.

Thank you for providing an explanation behind the pink shirts :) and Egon is shacking up with a girl? That's unexpected (character-wise), but the evolution of your Egon made the shack-up believable for me.
akane47 chapter 4 . 5/6/2003
It's no surprise that Egon is well-acquainted with what's in his personal library, but his knowing about the VD clinic knocked me for a loop. LOL :D

I love your portrayal of Ray: anxious to please, eager to learn, and yet very perceptive. I love how he sees Peter and Egon. The Peter-Egon dynamics are great, too. The banter and the joke war is funny and shows that Egon is thawing out, so to speak.

Enjoyed Charlie's appearance in this chapter, too. His showing up and the things he gets into shows a different side of Peter.
akane47 chapter 3 . 5/6/2003
Peter and Ray are so in-character. I liked the details like Ray's often-mended shirt and the very cramped lab, and how he and Egon connected over Tobin's Spirit Guide.
akane47 chapter 2 . 5/6/2003
Another great chapter :) I like the language you use, and Chuck Weaver suddenly spouting all that high-falluting stuff was cute. It was nice to meet Ray, too!

*sigh* I started out writing RGB fanfic and I have had a bit of a plot bunny rolling around in my head for years and your story is so good it's intimidating! :D
akane47 chapter 1 . 5/6/2003
It's been ages since I checked the RGB/EGB section on and I'm glad I did. Your story has a unique premise and, while I admit I'm no expert on any field of science, the jargon you use here sounds impressive. I can't wait to get to the other chapters.
The Real Luigi chapter 10 . 4/11/2003
Very cool
AiredaleLady chapter 1 . 4/1/2003
WHEW! (Wipes brow.) It took me five sittings to read the whole story, but it was well worth it. You did a wonderful job of imagining what the guys' lives were like at Columbia, (a school which you seem to know fairly well)and a really good j ob of capturing the tortured life of a graduate student. That scene w/Egon at the party (slight spoiler) was absolutely h ilarious-LMAO. You did a really good job w/all the technical vocabulary and scientific terms, soomething I could never get down when I was doing RGB fan fics (hence my switch over to SCooby-Doo fandom.) I really en joyed this story, and hope to see others like it. Keep up the good work.

Mlle. DInkley