Reviews for Respect
XanaduHawk chapter 17 . 7/21/2013
This is one of the most heart-warming stories I've ever read! I wish Yugi's connection with his cards, as well as each card's own individuality, had been explored like this in the manga/anime. I also love the relationship you created between Kuriboh and Summoned Skull.
ArtThouStupid chapter 17 . 7/3/2011
This was a very, very good read.
andysanime chapter 17 . 6/17/2011
Really good job on this story!
Elementianhero22 chapter 15 . 1/13/2011
Well, if they constantly mess with your outline to tease you, that usually means they like you. I should know. In my story, Seth, Atem and Mahaad were constantly messing with my outline and shredding it! So, think of it as a good thing when they're teasing you!
Tsunami Storm chapter 15 . 11/9/2010
Just one quick thing. In previous chapters, you call Curse of Dragon, "Ashelocke," and in this and the previous chapter, you called him, "Garunon." It's a little confusing, so could you pick one name or the other? Thanks! (and GREAT story!)
TexasDreamer01 chapter 17 . 9/19/2010
this was a fun story to read. are the other stories in this arc sequel/companion piece things?

brittney
ForestGuardian311 chapter 17 . 6/23/2010
Wow! What can I say? I think you pulled this off really well...I don't know why you didn't originally want it to be longer. I'm glad you put more focus in Yugi's deck than the actual characters, though they played an important part as well. I sincerely enjoyed reading about Mahaad's sacrifice and Akai's adjustment.

A job well done!

P.S. Have you read frenziedpanda7's "Final Hours"? I read that one first and thought about it while I read of the interaction between Mahaad and Akai...You should check it out, if you haven't already...
ForestGuardian311 chapter 9 . 6/22/2010
You changed the name of Curse of Dragon...it was "Ashelocke" in the previous chapters, but you changed it to "Garunon" in this chapter...Just thought I'd let you know...
ForestGuardian311 chapter 5 . 6/22/2010
Just a pointer...I think it might be "Dark Magician Knight" and not "Dark Magic Knight." There might be a Dark Magic Knight, but I wouldn't know. Great job so far...Can't wait to keep reading!
Minirowan chapter 17 . 4/29/2010
This was wonderful! When I first began reading I wasn't expecting a card centric fic, but this is a nice retreat from all the shounen ai/ yaoi YYxY fics. Better than a retreat, this is like paradise! I only agree with the pairing if it's written well, but even then it's tiring to read when I don't fully condone it. But your story is a perfect blend of the bond they share, and if I'm reading this right you're already hinting at the reincarnation concept.

There's not much to say other than I love this story. I've never read anything like it and I'm sure to read the sequel.

P.s. I have only one complaint. Sometimes the flow of the story didn't, well, flow. It's as if words or even a sentence was skipped. Still, you've done a wonderful job.
Lolchen chapter 17 . 4/11/2010
Aw~ cute story! Especially in the beginning. It got a bit too repititive since Maahado's vanishing act, but still some nice features (especially picking up the meeting of Yugi and the Guardian of the manga). All in all, rather fascinating story and concentrating on an aspect not many authors think or write about - the Duel Monsters. Though I'll probably never think of Kuriboh as "Shelleene", "Everon" somehow stuck (and he just doesn't want to leave - shame)

I enjoyed reading this very much.

Lolchen
kasmo chapter 17 . 3/16/2010
Well, I'm glad you explained more of what was going on with that attack. I'm glad Yugi wasn't actually hurt and that the Guardian Dark Magician wasn't actually trying to hurt hurt him. And considering Yugi probably never blamed him at all - it was more like he was blaming himself - and he got such a wonderful surprise in apology, I guess you can't really hate the Guardian Dark Magician. He is a part of Mahaad, after all, and he was just doing his duty. Though really, sometimes duty can be such shackles.
kasmo chapter 15 . 3/15/2010
God, you really scared me there, last chapter. I was so afraid something had gone wrong. I'm glad Yugi's all right. And he got to spend time with all his Duel Monsters. I'm sure he had a lot of fun. And I'm especially glad they were able to erase some bad memories for him. Shadows really aren't meant for someone as bright and full of life as Yugi. I'm glad Akai and Mana and everyone else is going to help in keeping the shadows away now.
kasmo chapter 13 . 3/15/2010
I can't believe he attacked Yugi! Why that... I don't care if he is the Dark Magician, or what his duty is. That was just... Argh.

I'm glad Mahaad is back and all, but his Guardian half... Yugi had better be all right!
kasmo chapter 9 . 3/15/2010
Wow, I can't believe how cold Yami was. Poor Yugi. But I guess Yami is suffering right now. Though I'm glad he still retained enough of his senses to listen to reason and not try to cast a curse on Mahaad.