Reviews for Music In My Ear
lindahoyland chapter 3 . 4/11/2005
Very perceptive and well written. I would imagine that Aragorn would feel like this.
technetium chapter 1 . 5/31/2003
Wow. I wish I had your talent for writing serious works. You capture the human side of Aragorn very well, and your details are excellent. I like the interaction between Aragorn and Arwen. I will read the rest of this as soon as I get a chance.
Blackbird10 chapter 3 . 4/23/2003
Oh, this was beautiful. It was. I don't know how, and I don't know why, but it really made me cry.
ME chapter 3 . 4/15/2003
wow...ive read some good fanfics before but...wow! omg this was really like a book...except shorter...i truely enjoyed it and i hope u write more like it thanks _
Inconsequential chapter 3 . 4/13/2003
Yes! The review box is finally working. Do you know how many times I've tried to review this story? Eleven, that's how many. I hate . For one thing, they've kicked me off from updating any stories for a week, with absolutely no explanation. Have I done something wrong? Please,tell me.

Anyway. Is this the reward? Don't know. I'll just review, shall I.

What is there to say? A truly marvelous and charming vignette. It's written almost like poetry, I notice. That interests me; you tend to use that poetic style a lot, and short stories seem to be your forte, rather than long adventures with a lot of action. I'm the same way, and I have no idea how to put in action along with the interminable description. Any thoughts? Better yet, any action stories? It might be a good exercise to write a long story, though this is a lovely work of art. No criticism, by the way. Just beautiful. Speaking of rewards, you have your own on my bio, right at the end (:

Thanks again,

Artemis

PS Updated fictionpress story to ch. 4, and wrote a few others. The Road is a short and, I think, interesting piece.
Meldewen Ilce chapter 1 . 4/12/2003
French Pony,

I would like to include this story in my LOTR fanfic archive where I archive what I consider to be the BEST stories in the fandom.

You can visit the archive at: .

If I have your permission to archive this story at my page please email me at:

Thank you!
Natters chapter 3 . 4/12/2003
very good
sdrtkjdr6yjdrtyj6uxe6xe46j chapter 3 . 4/11/2003
Excellent Story and so well written! More stories please!

And about Taran and his parentage. Chapters

4-6 of Misericorde explain just what his parents were up to, through whom they met their demise, and why the north might have an interest in the boy, as well as why Dorulas is keeping a weather eye on him and she is giving him her patronage. Just remember the saying "give a Jesuit a boy at seven and you have a Jesuit for life". Says much about the hold Minas Tirith now has on him.
Evening Nightshade chapter 2 . 4/9/2003
Oh, that poor man! Imagine dying like that! Isn't pride one of the Seven Deadly Sins? Anyway, looking forward to more *hint hint*
Evening Nightshade chapter 1 . 4/9/2003
I really like this chapter. The descriptions just help the scene come to life. And I like all his wandering thoughts, such as Arwen and the curtains, and what the kitchen staff would think if he asked for some warm milk.

The comparison of ruling a kingdom to learning the art of swordsmanship is so simple, yet so profound - exactly what you expect an elf to say! Your A/A interaction, and your characterisation were both excellent. I particularly enjoyed this moment:

"Do you ever miss the Ranger you wedded?"

"Never. I never lost him to begin with."

To conclude, an excellent chapter. Moving on...
Inconsequential chapter 2 . 4/3/2003
Oh my. This is very nice, again. The dramatic allegorical quality of it all! There are so few stories about Aragorn really carrying out his duties as king. I would even venture to guess that Tolkien himself would be pleased! It's really quite good.

There is only one rough transition I could find: about Gofannon. Did the guard find him, or not find him, or...? Either there's a continuity problem or I'm sleep deprived. The latter is more likely, I think. Well, I really have no other criticism. Thank you for your quick updating! Wish I could do the same, but unfortunately, I procrastinate.

-Artemis

PS Oh yes, chapter three of Disgruntled is up on fictionpress. It's far longer than the first two, don't worry (:
sdrtkjdr6yjdrtyj6uxe6xe46j chapter 2 . 4/2/2003
Good chapter! Looking forward to seeing the story line develop. I am guessing you are pointing at Ergot poisoning with the grain. Aragorn had better keep his word to take care of the old soldiers too.
Jen Littlebottom chapter 1 . 4/2/2003
Interesting - lovely charaterisation of Arwen and Aragorn both, and beautiful imagery to boot.
Kaz chapter 1 . 4/1/2003
This was great i especially liked the conversation between Aragorn and Arwen at the end :)

Love Kaz

xx
Inconsequential chapter 1 . 3/31/2003
This is good! You have a very definite style which I enjoy very much, whether light humor or drama such as this. It moves a little slowly, at first, but it sets a very good tone. The whole scene has a sweet, poignant and ethereal feel characteristic of your writing, not exactly Tolkienesque, but it gives the characters life as well as the mysticism of being, well, mythical characters. Or at least fictional ones. I especially love Arwen's wisdom, and the line about swordplay, and also the one about children growing up quickly. Interesting, coming from an immortal Elf.

Knowing you like constructive criticism, I searched around for anything to find objectionable, but sadly couldn't find much. I apologize.

-Artemis

PS I, sadly, haven't found much time to work on Elf in a Cage lately, as I've started writing an actual novel, the first two chapters of which are posted at . It's a humorous novel, and it contains Adult Language where I found it character-appropriate. If you don't find the occasional curse offensive (there's only one "# $*") by all means read it and give me some constructive criticism, as I'm pretty nervous about the whole thing. Tell me if I ought to take out all the Adult Language, too (: Sorry to self-advertise! Again! I will certainly come back and give a lengthier review when you next post.

THE LINK to my story: