Reviews for A Matter of Convienence
Lunky chapter 11 . 7/3/2014
Cute story!
Lunky chapter 1 . 7/3/2014
I like to check out reviews before I invest time in a story and I'm LMAOing how the one reviewer flamed you for Dawson bashing. Someone actually liked Dawson? What a weirdo.
Keyser-Soze666 chapter 11 . 8/10/2011
Funniest story I've read in ages. I can completely imagine this being the pilot episode of a sitcom. I am a huge P\J fan, the chemistry they had was extrordinary. And you've managed to capture that in a more lighthearted fashion.

The characters are great, I love the swarve Pacey (well swarver), the straight Jack. I like how you made Joey more fun. I liked Joey Potter in the show (she's cute), but for this story to work, you needed to change her personality significantly, and you managed to pull that off quite well. But most of all your Dawson was so amazing. Let me say that I too hate Dawson with a passion, and you have managed to turn that hatred into a work of comedic genius.

During the course of the show, I always detested Dawson. He was whiny, self rightous and selfish. And with all his over analysis and bitchiness, you can't help but hate him. Also, the scenes he had with Joey were just awkward. She never had the electricity with Dawson that she did with Pacey.

To be honest, it's incredibly easy to picture Dawson gay in the show, and you portrayed it perfectly. The jokes about his whinning, his over-sized forehead and even how he asks Pacey to look after Joey are so funny. The "Dawson cleared his throat, 'He's not really my type, Jo...' It was true, Pacey was bigger than he was and Dawson didn't like that" bit was absolutely pure genius, couldn't stop laughing.

I especially like the whole section about the "TV show", where you illude to another Creek like show, and essentially speak the truth about how the writers messed everyone about by keeping people with real chemistry (P\J) apart.

I hope you keep up the work. I know its been 6 years now, so a sequeal in unlikely, but I'd be enormously grateful if you were to make a continuation of some kind.
U suck chapter 6 . 7/4/2009
If you hate Joey and Dawson so much, just FOAD already.
u stink chapter 5 . 7/4/2009
STFU with the Dawson bashing, a-hole!
atomiccounty chapter 11 . 2/9/2007
awesome story. really good. and funny.
shallowness chapter 5 . 10/27/2004
When I said meat, I meant meta.

Ahem.
shallowness chapter 11 . 10/27/2004
Heh. The farcical pile up, all in the classic setting of a Dawson's Creek supper, how well we remember them. (But what about the Jen/C.J./Jack triangle?) As a whole a really enjoyable piece, with really strong dialogue and a grasp of the dynamics, and you had fun with the AUness of it all. Fun ride.
shallowness chapter 10 . 10/27/2004
Very much of the hot. Nice timing. Love the way you're playing with all the possibilities of the set up.
shallowness chapter 9 . 10/27/2004
Drue - good call to have him return, and for Joey to have to face up to more of the complications that this marriage will bring on. And the abrupt cliffhanger about Jack...!

Love the way you're writing the moments when Pacey and Joey get along but keeping up the tensions.
shallowness chapter 8 . 10/27/2004
Excellent chapter, with the dialogue just rolling on. And the pasta shout out! And I love the way you're now incorprating the flirting between all the decoy couples as one method of amping up the UST.
shallowness chapter 7 . 10/27/2004
Cooking up nicely, very good on the drunken dialogue, and caretaking and comic build up with the reveals. And Charlie! Heh.

Strange punctuation in this chapter though.
shallowness chapter 6 . 10/27/2004
"Why can't they just let the people with the best chemistry, that are obviously in love...just BE together and be done with it?" Oh the meta...could apply to so many different shows and all. Although DC did come correct in the end, bless 'em.

Liked the structure of this mostly - except for Pacey's "Gentlemen Gt YOur Hands Off My Waitress-Wife." Not that it isn't in character, but it came a jot too suddenly after they ditched Lena. Love the snappy banter with the nice undercurrents, and I adore the supportiveness between Jen and Joey.
shallowness chapter 5 . 10/27/2004
Very satisfied with angry!Joey - she got mad for exactly the rright reasons.

The meat shoutouts are amusing, and I like the way you've got the group dynamic going, and the banter is excellent. Nice repetition of references too.
shallowness chapter 4 . 10/27/2004
"It was possible she was thinking too much. Wouldn't be the first time." indeed.

Could possibly have done with more of Pacey and Joey lying to the home-owner. Nice to see them questioning Dawson's motives...

And the discovery... should be interesting (please let him no longer have the house.)