Reviews for Against Fate
Phenomenal Ultra Instinct chapter 6 . 3/4
I'm so proud of Kale! She's being more open about her feelings towards Caulifla, and the latter appreciates it a lot.
Phenomenal Ultra Instinct chapter 5 . 3/3
Universe 2 warriors are taking spotlight here, and they seem to have come to a truce with Universe 11, thanks in part to their complimenting ideals.
Phenomenal Ultra Instinct chapter 4 . 3/3
Well done, Kale! You achieved a stable super saiyan transformation, and all because of your love for Caulifla, who's being a Badass herself.
Phenomenal Ultra Instinct chapter 3 . 3/2
Uh oh! Hit must have said something to really set Champa off, and even Vados looked a tad too serious for comfort! As for Jiren, man, he really steamrolled Champa both in words and in battle! Beerus made a poor assessment of who would emerge victorious. Belmod definitely robbed it all over his face. Caulifla is getting more inspired to break her own limits and close the gap between herself and Jiren. But the question is, can she beat Goku and Vegeta first, especially the former, whose stubbornness and will to win always help him shatter his own limits?
Phenomenal Ultra Instinct chapter 2 . 3/2
Ulala, Kale! How are you gonna respond to Caulifla's hard hitting question?
Phenomenal Ultra Instinct chapter 1 . 3/2
Universe 7 canonically won the ToP thanks to Goku, Frieza and 17. With U6 being the protagonists of the alternate DBS Universal Survival arc, they're gonna have to do much much better than their canon counterparts, and by that I mean Caulifla, Kale, Cabba, Hit and the Namekians have to outlast more than 60 fighters and grow strong enough to give U7 and U11 a difficult time to survive the ToP.
NoNameAvailable Bis chapter 6 . 2/1
I have to say, I really like the premise of this story, and the execution has been really solid so far. All the more impressive given that in my experience, fight scenes are pretty tricky to write well, and having to handle such large casts and do it well is haaaard.

Don't know if you got to write that alternate story you mention in your last author note (I'll check on AO3 soon enough) or if you ever intend to pick this one back up, but odds are good I'll read either way. See you soon, hopefully!
Captain Goat chapter 6 . 11/2/2018
I can see your point about wanting to write these characters in a setting other than the only one canon actually showed, and if you do write a spin off I will check it out, but this chapter was nonetheless pretty entertaining. I particularly like the part where Goku feels like Roshi back in the day, it was a throwaway coment but it certainly carried weight when you think about it.
ltj056 chapter 6 . 10/26/2018
This has been pretty awesome. I love Vegeta's method of teaching Cabba SS2 and I really enjoyed the action.

I can understand timing. Life is more important than fanfiction and focus on yours if something important is happening.

I am also looking forward to the different story.
Aceina chapter 6 . 10/26/2018
this wasa good chapter and id love to see a full U6 story
JacktheCat779 chapter 6 . 10/26/2018
Ah man it's okay man I get why you are taking so long. Also I really enjoy the dynamics you are having with the Saiyans here and the character interactions with each other. Especially Vegeta admitting Goku actually taught him something. That was a good moment. Or Vegeta seemingly abandoning Cabba so he could awaken Super Saiyan 2. And as for a different fanfic involving Universe 6 I would be on board with one with Cabba, Cauilifa, and Kale after the Tournament of Power going on adventures and maybe visiting some of the other universes and expanding on those ones. Hell I want that as an official spinoff. Hell I thought of writing one myself one day.
ThePolishSausageRoaster chapter 6 . 10/25/2018
Awesome chapter! I don't think they're prepared for God yet, and Cabba and Vegeta's relationship is amazing!
Aceina chapter 5 . 8/29/2018
im glad you called out the double standard for transformation time that joke was just annoying in the anime as dragon ball and shonen in general loves to abuse the same thing

and in universe a magical girl transformation (and there attacks) are instant it would have been funnier to have that be the joke also have them actually be strong (like you seem to be doing)

loving this story so far update soon
Captain Goat chapter 5 . 8/23/2018
Hey, just came back from a trip to London and noticed the update, glad to see the story back on track so to speak, and I have to say, your depiction of the Kamikaze Fireballs is more enjoyable than the one they have in either the manga or the anime. The action scenes are still solid and Caulifla interacting with Goku is always going to be fun. The one thing these new match ups made me miss is seeing a bit of the androids, since they can be quite interesting as characters and if I remember correctly they didn't get much screentime during BTtL, so I'm curious about how would you tackle their personalities here.
ImmortalMerc chapter 5 . 8/19/2018
I can't wait to see how you do Goku vs Caulifla, their interactions were some of my favorite parts about the anime (I don't ship them though haha). And it seems like Kale is going to freak out again, poor Caulifla and Cabba are going to have to deal with that again.