Reviews for A New Cycle
Guest chapter 16 . 8/12/2020
This story has nothing worth reading, the author in his grandiose delusions promised a lot. But couldn't deliver even an iota of it. The plot at first may seem nice but this isn't worth reading. It's just another tall tale with no actual combat. No real content.
Guest chapter 5 . 8/12/2020
Thank heavens that you stopped writing this pathetic story. It was physically painful to read because of how excruciatingly poor it was. You managed to make anthropoid control seem like a good power. Hell even having no powers at all it better than whatever power this fic has. Try to write slug control next time.
Guest chapter 3 . 8/12/2020
This is one of the worst worm fics I have ever had the misfortune to read. An essentially useles power glorified with Plot Armour.

That's all it is. No future or combat potential. And it is supposed to come from an Entity.

Yeah, insect control sounds better than some vaguely worthless power to identify and makes shards work better.

What is the rating? Thinker 1? Or is it in the negatives?

Her true power here is plot armor, impotent rage and the wonderful ability to hyperventilate and faint at will.
LordLewsTherin chapter 16 . 5/30/2020
I am really loving this story. Thanks for sharing it with us!
Iryelb chapter 16 . 1/14/2020
I hope you come back to this story at some point because I was just starting to get into it. I'm also pretty sure that Taylor's two Shard-nemesis' are Lung and Shatterbird.
tronax22 chapter 2 . 11/8/2019
1 Fleur was offed years before canon start.
2 Taylor-Entity dialogue feels fake, on both sides. Very fake.
Aetherium21 chapter 10 . 4/23/2019
Awesome chapter, glad to see Taylor pull off the baiting and lie to Danny without completely melting into a puddle of guilt, self-loathing, and angst
Aetherium21 chapter 9 . 4/23/2019
Loving the story, an excellent job of composing a fresh plot without resorting to brute-forcing its progress. I'm thankful; suspension of disbelief is always needed to a degree, but most fanfic authors overreach at the expense of a story's wholeness and quality
Guest chapter 9 . 3/14/2019
You lost me here mate. Taylor might not be the most put together, but she was never outright stupid. Walking into a meeting with mercs and then just giving them all her info because she felt uncomfortable? That is stupid. She cannot control their actions at all, and there was no need to tell them her power. Or anything beyond the Case 53 info. Now they have all her info and she has nothing, which means she is useless and has no negotiation power.
flairina chapter 16 . 3/4/2019
This has quickly become one of my favorite ongoing worm stories, so I do very much hope it's continued eventually. Taylor with an "analysis" power isn't wholly unique, but her going directly against the entities from the get go and abbadon being involved are definite outliers, and the inclusion of faultline's crew and browbeat are fresh and interesting, not to mention this whole shamrock plotline which i dont think I've ever seen another fic even mention. Very enjoyable, I hope you find the time and will to update soon!
SeanHicks4 chapter 16 . 1/29/2019
Interesting take, I don’t think I’ve ever seen one where Skitter gets close to Faultline and co. The choice to expand on Browbeat and Rune was nice to, but I’m pretty sure that they went to different schools in canon with Rune going to the catholic school Imaculata and Browbeat going to Clearendon...
Guest chapter 16 . 11/15/2018
Plot hole - gnome-bomb giving any sort of warning before detonating makes zero sense. Blow up immediately or not at all.

Also, I expect Rune to demand to be put on the phone w/ whoever Browbeat called during the fight... i.e. his boss, by the sound of the call from her end.
oiller chapter 8 . 11/17/2018
WTF? why the hell would ziz give a care about the darn cycle. You had a good story but you have needless compacted thing for no reason. You have given Taylor a week starting power strong eventually, but with a practly impossible task unless she triple triggers. The point of the travelers that ziz got was a PLAN targeted at the one controlling her not anything about the cycle. Another thing from this chapter the change with stalker is feels to fast its been 2 week I think, long enough for her to build up to talk to Piggot, but not sure about actualy getting the launcher. It was take days for Armsmaster to design much less Build one, not to take into account he is mister optimizer would take even longer to design and build one compared to other tinker. I'll keep reading to see where your going, but I felt and lot of the story fall apart in this chapter.
Magyk69 chapter 16 . 11/7/2018
Thanks for the chapter, and I think you should just take your time and write when you're ready. forcing out content is a good way to sap your will leaving the overall quality of the work to be lowered. anyway im liking where this storie's heading, and I'm looking forward to whenever it is that she unlocks more of her powers.
Guest chapter 4 . 10/26/2018
So she get a power that is almost completely useless