Reviews for A New Cycle
Aetherium21 chapter 10 . 4/23
Awesome chapter, glad to see Taylor pull off the baiting and lie to Danny without completely melting into a puddle of guilt, self-loathing, and angst
Aetherium21 chapter 9 . 4/23
Loving the story, an excellent job of composing a fresh plot without resorting to brute-forcing its progress. I'm thankful; suspension of disbelief is always needed to a degree, but most fanfic authors overreach at the expense of a story's wholeness and quality
You lost me here mate. Taylor might not be the most put together, but she was never outright stupid. Walking into a meeting with mercs and then just giving them all her info because she felt uncomfortable? That is stupid. She cannot control their actions at all, and there was no need to tell them her power. Or anything beyond the Case 53 info. Now they have all her info and she has nothing, which means she is useless and has no negotiation power.
flairina chapter 16 . 3/4
This has quickly become one of my favorite ongoing worm stories, so I do very much hope it's continued eventually. Taylor with an "analysis" power isn't wholly unique, but her going directly against the entities from the get go and abbadon being involved are definite outliers, and the inclusion of faultline's crew and browbeat are fresh and interesting, not to mention this whole shamrock plotline which i dont think I've ever seen another fic even mention. Very enjoyable, I hope you find the time and will to update soon!
SeanHicks4 chapter 16 . 1/29
Interesting take, I don’t think I’ve ever seen one where Skitter gets close to Faultline and co. The choice to expand on Browbeat and Rune was nice to, but I’m pretty sure that they went to different schools in canon with Rune going to the catholic school Imaculata and Browbeat going to Clearendon...
Guest chapter 16 . 11/15/2018
Plot hole - gnome-bomb giving any sort of warning before detonating makes zero sense. Blow up immediately or not at all.

Also, I expect Rune to demand to be put on the phone w/ whoever Browbeat called during the fight... i.e. his boss, by the sound of the call from her end.
oiller chapter 8 . 11/17/2018
WTF? why the hell would ziz give a care about the darn cycle. You had a good story but you have needless compacted thing for no reason. You have given Taylor a week starting power strong eventually, but with a practly impossible task unless she triple triggers. The point of the travelers that ziz got was a PLAN targeted at the one controlling her not anything about the cycle. Another thing from this chapter the change with stalker is feels to fast its been 2 week I think, long enough for her to build up to talk to Piggot, but not sure about actualy getting the launcher. It was take days for Armsmaster to design much less Build one, not to take into account he is mister optimizer would take even longer to design and build one compared to other tinker. I'll keep reading to see where your going, but I felt and lot of the story fall apart in this chapter.
Magyk69 chapter 16 . 11/7/2018
Thanks for the chapter, and I think you should just take your time and write when you're ready. forcing out content is a good way to sap your will leaving the overall quality of the work to be lowered. anyway im liking where this storie's heading, and I'm looking forward to whenever it is that she unlocks more of her powers.
Guest chapter 4 . 10/26/2018
So she get a power that is almost completely useless
Guest chapter 16 . 10/25/2018
I liked the chapter!
Djberneman chapter 16 . 10/27/2018
I really like this story so far. It is logical and adds a new spin to the entire premise of capes, their powers, and the entities as a species.
sonic chapter 16 . 10/24/2018
I liked the chapter!
Greatazuredragon chapter 16 . 10/26/2018
Heh, poor Coil being spooked by Contessa... ;p
Nice work, keep it up.
Anon Of The Sea chapter 1 . 10/26/2018
While the first "alternative" seemed like it could be translated as "for dummies," the second repetition of "alternative designation" felt like it included a sigh and a tacit "you moron."
hga chapter 16 . 10/25/2018
The fight scene was told from Browbeat's viewpoint, and was complete chaos and confusion, especially since Rune is more experienced and vastly more capable. From that viewpoint, I thought it was very good.

Scott, on the other hand, needs to grow up a bit, he shouldn't have let social pressure pressure him and an innocent into a likely trap, and what he'll get from Taylor and Rune will no doubt help that process along. But it was a fine way to deal Rune into the situation, and it could be handled as her being seconded to Team Stop the End of the Worlds for the duration, that's in the Empire's self-interest, after all.

Dealing Contessa into the game, well, the gang's pretty much all here. So quite a lot accomplished, including Scott's working through some of the details of just how terribly in jeopardy Earth Bet and the other earths are. I'd like to see Rune get read into this, and as noted above, one way or another, join this team, which I gather is something you've been working towards.

Please keep up the good work, your writing may have been slowed by Real Life, but the quality hasn't suffered.