Reviews for Swords and Sorcery: No Route Back
Lerris chapter 28 . 11/19/2021
I liked the very last line. It is hard to believe Dumbledore is that naive, but okay.
Dread chapter 29 . 11/15/2021
I’m dreading getting to the end again
And being disappointed again
Because this series is dead
;_;
Regret chapter 1 . 11/14/2021
Should I read this again? Probably not
Will I regret reading a series that’s not finished? Always
Am I going to do it anyway? *sigh*...
Damn you
aGnamZer0 chapter 28 . 10/20/2021
Ah... Dumbledore's fantasies.

Looks like you're preparing a new plot with a foreign family. Looks interesting!

Speaking of which, I'm glad you strayed from canon that much, it's good to see a fic that doesn't just repeat what we've all already read dozens of times. So thank you!

One thing I'm especially grateful for is that you avoided that whole forbidden forest thing because in canon it annoys me a lot. I mean, magicals can be stupid, but sending children in a dangerous forest, at night, with a half-giant who can't use magic, to look for the cause of multiple deaths. That's so absurd no matter the number of times I read it I can't process it.
aGnamZer0 chapter 27 . 10/20/2021
'You won't leave me, right?' I think that's what Iris wanted to ask Shirou.
aGnamZer0 chapter 26 . 10/20/2021
It's canon, I believe. I say I believe because I've never actually read it, but from a few fics I've read, from what I understand Harry always felt that his magic answered to his feelings and he had a deep connection to it. So with the appropriate training, it's not surprising that Iris bloomed so much.
aGnamZer0 chapter 25 . 10/20/2021
I wonder when Quirrell will act up again, it should be close since he escaped.
aGnamZer0 chapter 24 . 10/20/2021
Rin and Hermione discovering part of his abilities was unavoidable I suppose.
aGnamZer0 chapter 23 . 10/20/2021
Stupid Dumbledore! Plus, I'm quite sure that his explanation about the need to return to her relatives his complete bullshit. I also am too lazy to explain my reasoning, but it boils down to the fact that I don't think it would just need the presence of a relative but also their love, and since her aunt, uncle and cousin all hate her, I think it might actually warp the wards. Plus, between a poor blood ward and ancestral wards in homes like the Longbottom, Malfoy or Black, the latter is obviously better. So Dumbledore could have sent her to the Longbottom for example – especially since Alice is her godmother. And well, the wards only protect the home – I'm not even sure it encompass the garden – so if she goes out for whatever reason, she's immediately vulnerable. Or they could target her relatives –when they go shopping for example –, take them hostage and if she doesn't come out, kill them one by one. All of that to say, Dumbledore's ridiculous with his demands.
aGnamZer0 chapter 22 . 10/20/2021
Oh, so that's how you decided to remove Lily's protection on her? Because I assumre all the protection magic was used up? Unless there's still more, in which case that would be god-like magic. Especially since it already helped her survive the Killing Curse, shielded her from Voldemort's soul and now from a huge blast.
aGnamZer0 chapter 21 . 10/20/2021
I'm surprised Iris was located through a mere Homenum Revelio, the cloak should have protected her from a spell of that level. I suppose the spell is still too weak yet to do that.

On another note, Iris should trust her instincts more. If she had told she had an uneasy feeling to Shirou, he would have immediately grasped the whole room to see if there's something unnatural and spotted Quirrell.
aGnamZer0 chapter 20 . 10/20/2021
I had a feeling Voldemort would act this chapter or the next one, looks like I was right.

Now, maybe Shirou will actually be able to retrieve all the others gems inside the mirror, though it would require quite a bit of self hypnosis.
aGnamZer0 chapter 19 . 10/20/2021
Oh, so Shirou is actually really learning Shikigami magic? I'm so excited!
aGnamZer0 chapter 18 . 10/20/2021
Binding and magical contracts, huh? Just after mentioning the Sakura tree – or sister maybe? – on her clip and you get the image. If only she was willing to tell what's going on to Shirou, he would go all Rule Breaker and fix everything. Sigh... well, he'll find out eventually.
aGnamZer0 chapter 17 . 10/20/2021
I congratulate you for not blurting out Shirou's secrets Iris. You make me proud.

Also, what happened with Rin's gifts was hilarious!