Reviews for Songbird: The Awakening
Danny Barefoot chapter 4 . 3/7/2019
Hellcows? Xenosapient AI? Amish Runners? I'm rather bemused, but really liking all these good ideas from the original RPG (I've only played the PC game). What ability does Alpha have that allows her to change shape? Songbird seems a nice girl, it comes through that she's under a lot of pressure and concerned for her teammates. The spirits seem to talk in a pretty chill fashion rather than 'Why hast thou summoned me, foolish mortal?', and I prefer your idea for them. Meat processing plant and initial run were both very tense, I'd just try to cut down the length. Hope to read more soon.
ChocolateTeapot chapter 1 . 10/16/2018
Good opening chapter! This is very well written.

The whole list of checks ending in unchecked was a good way of showing Song’s nerves.

The introduction of the team worked really well and they sound pretty interesting.

I liked the run itself. The initial smoothness of having the target’s electrical equipment cease to work was neatly portrayed. The moment where everything went to hell was really frightening.

Alpha asking Song to think about binding spirits is an interesting dilemma.
oyGsa chapter 1 . 9/4/2018
Veri n1c3AKwst0riwg
ScrubLord97 chapter 1 . 4/6/2018
I'm enjoying this so far. Few things I have qualms about, but I can't wait to see more, chummer.