Reviews for Echo
Jamaica chapter 1 . 3/1/2004
lol. I agree, that's probably NOT Kaoru . . . I guess it's up to our own imagination, since the entire cast besides Kenshin has dark hair . . .
Rei chapter 1 . 5/12/2003
*blink...blink* Wow...You've only gotten better. *laughs at an earlier review* And whoever said that it was Kaoru who was Kenshin's lover? anyway...wonderful job. Keep on writing.
Aikochan chapter 1 . 3/31/2003
Beautiful piece of work you have there, I like how the words flow from words, and at some time you've made teh impact deeper, more relaxing or just sad. Thanks for this perfect view you've captured of Kenshin
hakubaikou chapter 1 . 3/31/2003
This was lovely. The transition from the scene with Kaoru to Yahiko throwing the pebbles was a little abrupt, but that's a very minor complaint, and I may just be too picky.

Really liked this fic. Excellent grammar for starters. That's always nice to see. As for the creative side, great job. The imagery is beautiful. Really liked the beginning description of cities.

The dialogue is wonderfully understated. I love the way you structured Kenshin and Kaoru's conversation, how you can show all the emotion between them with a minimum of words and without even describing Kaoru much physically.

I also really liked the overall tone you manage to convey. Quiet and contemplative and a little bit sad.

I've never read your fics before, but I definitely intend to check out more of them when I have some time!
Crazy Girl Person too lazy to sign in chapter 1 . 3/30/2003
I thought this was a rather well written story. I like how you described Tomoe's mirror thing. It is a wonder of what Kenshin's most powerful memory of Tomoe is besides her death. Perhaps when she smiled after he said he would protect her happiness and then they...yeah.

Great story. Hope to read more of yours soon.
Crystal Snowflakes chapter 1 . 3/30/2003
Tomoe uses a tanto \ But anyways, that's all right. Anyways, great fic
samuraiheart chapter 1 . 3/30/2003
Very nice! Lovely descriptions & I loved Kenshin's thoughts even though they were sad. I especially loved that his most prominent memory of Tomoe is probably her death - it makes a lot of sense and I'm sure it would be. I also love some of the sudden, almost stark lines it this fic - like "As I do the laundry, I think I am going to hell." Very good combination of mundane and dramatic. Sad, but fitting. _