Reviews for Altair Institute of Magic BEING REWRITTEN
Anonymous book person chapter 28 . 1/1
Im excited to see the rewrite this book is amazing!
ORKCHILD chapter 28 . 12/21/2020
Post as a rewrite and post here when you start posting it and just leave this one up that way the people following this can find and follow the rewrite start as the new chapters are ready. Hjope this helps.
Guest chapter 28 . 12/14/2020
I was looking for good creature fics, saw this and fell in love.

Well done.
TheHuntresss chapter 28 . 12/13/2020
mark this story as complete with a final chapter noting you've rewritten it and the new title even if its Altair Redone.. that way you keep your original with all it's likes and reviews and they can follow you to the new improved version.
917brat chapter 28 . 10/1/2020
this is just so wonderful I really love how you have this going, and am very eager to see just what you are going to have happen next. Please keep this up as I would really love to read more of this.
Guest chapter 28 . 8/15/2020
Hi,
I would post it as a new story. Let this one up and put in a reference to the rewrite plus an explanation vor the lack of updates. When the new story is at the same point you can take it down, at this point everyone interested should have understood where to look for new content.
Goddes20 chapter 28 . 7/20/2020
Do both keep writing this one and posting as you get them but also you can repost it as a complete and finished edited piece in the end we’re a good sounding board
Kyunin9 chapter 28 . 7/20/2020
I think just rewrite the story in a new web page. Say that this needs more work to be better and go try again, sure you'll lose Favs and Follows at first but this can be a fresh new start.
You can also try to just rewrite each chapter to be better and slowly release them, but you risk continuity breaks while you fix it.
Either way glad to see you didn't abandon this story just yet. Good luck on everything! :D
Centaurious chapter 28 . 7/19/2020
I have no idea what I just read. I have no frame of reference for the characters. I'm guessing that with the mention of centuries of age and Sire that Vampires are involved but that's it. Now the writer has written him/herself into a corner and can't write their way out so they are rewriting the whole thing from chapter 1, and their moving on to other works.

If you don't have the whole novel in your head from the start, don't write a Serialized story.
If you are not flexible and creative enough to, per chapter, write a Serialized story, write a novel
If you're not willing to storyboard out all the major and minor plot points and scenes before hand and use all the other tips, tricks, and tools... your odds of finishing a novel are very poor

You have the language and grammar skills, now you need to learn the other skills to write a story.
Just because you can drive nails with a hammer and cut wood with a saw doesn't mean you are ready to build a house.
Bochord of Leaspell chapter 28 . 7/19/2020
As someone who's seen every option you've listed, here's what I will say: I only see fics get deleted if the author feels shame of some sort about it and has no wish to look at it any longer. Those that reupdate and edit chapter by chapter generally do that because they dont wish to lose reviews, but it's also more of; the want to update their writing style and a chunk of the plot. You could close the fic and start posting the update version chapter by chapter; this way you dont lose any of what you've made, and still have your old fic to both look back at and to please your readers by leaving the fic they found first for both nostalgia and new readers.

Or- you could post the updated work at a later date once you've caught back up. Here's the thing about the last two options: the first one will give you reviews, which can also help you with upcoming chapters and may provide a source of drive/encouragement and maybe even new ideas on how to better your fic. The 2nd will require you to motivate yourself and have limited feedback- if you have a beta.

Hope this helps with your choice!
Guest chapter 28 . 7/19/2020
If you like to have comments as you post your revisions, it makes sense to post a new story as the rewrite and mark this story as being revised. That way as you finish chapters and post them, the reviews will all be pertinent to the new story line.

Thanks for sharing your work!
Katzztar chapter 28 . 7/19/2020
The last question really scared me. If you "wait 5 years and publish then" then you'd loose a lot of current readers. About every 1 or 1 1/2 years I go through my subscribed list and delete majority of stories that's not been updated in over a year. In my experience, 90-95% of stories that laid stagnant for a year are never updated again. Maybe 1 story in 50 that I read would update after a year's hiatus.

My suggestions are
1. Leave this up but maybe alter title to "Altair -original" but add AN that you're redo-ing the story and will update it as new story.
2. update chapters as you go but add 'Update" or "Updated" to either the chapter's name or in a AN at top of chapter.
Frankly ch.1 sounds like less hassle.

Have you updated anything on this yet. I just started rereading this story 2 days ago but haven't gotten far, just to chapter 6.
ChaosOmega98 chapter 28 . 7/19/2020
Leave the story how it is
DireApostasy chapter 28 . 7/19/2020
I'd say leave this one as is for posterity, and post the rewrite as a new story.
raptorjess83 chapter 28 . 7/19/2020
Rewrite as a new document