Reviews for In which Hikigaya meets Yukinoshita in elementary
OmegaCloud969 chapter 4 . 6/26/2018
""Well at least the pay is decent. Tips aren't bad either." Around eight-hundred fifty yen an hour plus some tips…"
Dude, Tips don't exist in Japan.

Other than that good chapter, BTW I'm fairly sure Yukinoshita and 8man never went to America as kids, so may want to edit that part of your fic.
Lord of Admirals 412 chapter 4 . 6/26/2018
Nice chapter, I thoroughly enjoyed reading all of it. I liked how you wrote Hayama and portrayed him when he met Hachiman at school, with his reactions being how he is thankful to what Hachiman did but at the same time hating him for being able to do something he couldn't, and then dismissing it as if was nothing, even though Hayama could never do it. The act of saying it as a jab at Hayama was probalby unintentional, but was still nice. Then afterwards having Hachiman feeling he is being watched by others in the scene after that was nice since it could imply Haruno watching them as she doesn't go to Sobu so she wouldn't be in uniform, or it could be Hayama but just hiding. I'm interested in finding out why Hachiman has a job and how Yukino got it for him, and how/why he had another job before and his quitting of it. Also why would Hachiman be in charge of Koamchi's allowance, shouldn't that be their parents? Or is it he's giving her an extra bit of it, but that wouldn't make sense as Komachi talked about getting a raise and her father being proof of it.
The part with Yukino visiting hachiman during Christmas was nice. I guess her being a secret is now out of the bag. I liked the little teasing scene the two had, Komachi can't have missed that and will probably use it to tease their relationship later on.
Finally I noticed the tag for this story was hurt/comfort for the first one. I had been wondering why that was, but that last part in this chapter clears it up a bit. Hachiman believing he isn't worthy of being Yukino's friend even though they had helped each other so much, (abroad, guitar/music...) I guess Hachiman really sees that as him doing nothing. I hope Yukino can break though to him (maybe romantically).

I can't wait for the next chapter
Feeva chapter 4 . 6/26/2018
I love it, as usual. So many things are progressing quickly without feeling rushed, and that is amazing.
You gotten past the point of no return when it comes to the elementary school thing, it’s fabulous ether way, so I don’t feel like it’s much of a problem.
Tbh I’m not too eager to head into year 2, that is not say I’m not looking forward to it, I very much am, but you’ve done an excellent job with what’s come before and I’m almost sad that your ideas are going to conformed to that of the canon. But if you decide to head that way, I’m confident you can pull it off.
To answer your question. I hate fics revolving around: NTR, Yukino getting married to other dudes (Seriously guys, the horse is getting moldy, stop it.) and pointless OCs that have no relevance to the plot whatsoever.
I wish you the best of luck for your next chapter! ;3
P.S. You’ve earned the praise you got, writing stories is tough work.
miyux8man chapter 4 . 6/26/2018
Sheeet, since u asked maybe have haruno and yukino both falling for hachiman and getting married
Hikigaya Houtarou chapter 4 . 6/26/2018
it was a good read. don't worry about the middle school high school or other trival information. As long as it suits the story, its good and That's all matter. u r not writing a backstory for the original but a fiction u have about oregairu right?
Platipie the Penguin chapter 4 . 6/26/2018
i don't comment much, but your little note at the end made me want to say something. You underestimate yourself. The portrayal of each character so far, alongside the small changes that their interactions create within each other is amazing. I've read too many SNAFU fanfictions, each with their own ships, but never a yukino ship. Why? Because she's a boring character. But the way you show her confidently show herself to hikigaya made me finally like her. Take pride what you do, because the work you put in shows like a diamond in the rough.
Molomar chapter 4 . 6/26/2018
Ahhhh you write yukinoshita so god damn well
CoupErVert chapter 4 . 6/26/2018
nice fluff chapter, thanks dude
ZeroXSEED chapter 1 . 6/21/2018
I admit, I started reading this fic by chapter 3 and thinking, what a great display of canon authenticity it was. Seriously, I would like to say this is the best, well written Oregairu fic I ever seen, period.

There's no Yahari fanfiction better written than this one.

Except one thing.

You messed up the backstory so much to the point that it's unbelievably unrealistic.

First of all, the bullying that happened in the Elementary school is happened in Japan.

In between the method of bullying (Hiding indoor shoes, America does NOT have those) and also the reaction from other student also distinctly Japanese, heck, even the teacher's reaction is distinctively Japanese here, and I cannot believe this dialogue taking place in America, ever.

Yukinoshita went oversea (implied to be America) in middle school, this is when she was separated with Hayama. And also when she began to change, though the main trigger happened once she returned to Japan in third year middle school.

This is one thing you should change, because otherwise, someone is bound to question it 20 chapters in the future. And by that point I assure you, it wasn't a pleasant feel. I made this kind of mistake before and it drove me quitting.

Aside from this hiccup, I can absolutely give you 10/10 mark for this. I will absolutely follow this, Good luck and I'll be there waiting for more updates.
Guest chapter 1 . 6/15/2018
This is probably the best Oregairu fan-fiction I've read so far.
nhehvnukl chapter 3 . 6/8/2018
Good story, but why did komachi think 8man talked to an imaginary friend? Thats kinda random. Couldnt she just ask him? And if 8man actually did have an imaginary friend, wouldnt he believe his imaginery friend is real and thus his opinion would be invalid?
a fan chapter 3 . 6/7/2018
awesome story. Loved it
Wicked.A chapter 3 . 6/6/2018
good chap i would like to see komachis reaction to him not just having a friend but a childhoodfriend.
Wicked.A chapter 2 . 6/6/2018
handholding trough tutorial? yay Undertale reference detected ,(i would love to read an oregairuundertale crossover, or at least the main casts reaction to playing UT)
Lord of Admirals 412 chapter 3 . 6/4/2018
Nicely done! This chapter was nicely written and I enjoyed every moment of it. I'm glad that you decided not to do the amnesia and went straight for the meeting. Speaking of which, I really liked how they just played it off and sorted everything out right off the bat, there was no dodging around the subject or anything. Also nice touch on having Yukino helping Hachiman with his missed school work. Also nice touch with the Pan-san keychain that Yukino slipped into Hachiman's hand, and playing it off like she never put it there. I like to think that her 'briskly' leaving to avoid his family was also an excuses to make a tactical retreat before Hachiman noticed the keychain and question her about it. In addition it's nice that Hachiman was disappointed in her leaving so soon, he seems to finally be able to have a friend. For the school part, it makes sense that Hachiman and Yukino don't really interact as they don't have the same classes and it would probably be very rare for them to be able to meet each other. I wonder if Hayama noticed who he bumped into and recognized him.
The meeting of Haruno and Hachiman, while was basically like in canon, it was fine, I don't really see how they could have met for the first time anyways, besides at the hospital when he had the accident if Haruno was there to take care of things money wise. Nice little add in with the leg brushing though, it had me smiling while I read it.
For the 'date' in Tokyo, having Yukino knowing the way probably means that she had been to the store a number of times, meaning that she has purchased a number of instruments from there before, again showing how masterful she truly is musically. Also I liked how you had Yukino state that the had a hobby she enjoyed while giving that smile to Hachiman. Of course he mistook her meaning, as he has been rejected by his peers countless times, that he didn't even think that Yukion enojoyed hanging out with him being a possibility.
Finally I loved how you portrayed Komachi with her worrying attitude for her oni-chan, yet still laced in with the teasing. I laughed when I read the part about her and her mother thinking Hachiman was talking to an imaginary friend instead of Yukino. I wonder how their mother would react when she finds out about this development, or how Komachi would react when she finds out about Yukino.

Again nice chapter, I can not wait fro you next update! I wonder how you are going to sort out the service club since Yukino and Hachiman already both know each other.
413 | « Prev Page 1 .. 8 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 .. Last Next »