Reviews for In which Hikigaya meets Yukinoshita in elementary
electricangel12 chapter 7 . 8/8/2020
oh god I was worried this fic was dead. it's been so long I had to reread it to remember what happened (not that I minded, with how good your writing is). 3 words: cute cute cute. It's amazing how you're able to give us these heartwarming interactions between the two while also maintaining their personalities and even showing their inner conflicts. While I do agree that the starting point of the main story (the formation of the service club), would've needed to have been altered in some way, I also don't think the changes need to be drastic like what I see some reviews suggesting? Like I guess, the extent would be altering the content of Hikigaya's essay (to reflect his altered past) or changing the reason Hiratsuka makes him join the service club (e.g. the end goal is still character building, but not with the essay as the trigger point).
Either way, I look forward to reading more from you. Let's enjoy Season 3!
alley00p chapter 7 . 8/5/2020
Really enjoying this fic! Thanks for uploading and enjoy season 3!
aceofqueens chapter 6 . 8/4/2020
I feel like this chapter is a big step backwards for the alternate timeline. Hachiman should have been doing a lot better at this point in the story, due to having a positive relationship MUCH earlier in his life. I get that he's completely oblivious to that fact, and doesn't want to accept it due to his own hang ups, but in the earlier chapters you wrote we began to see that he was questioning things, kinda of like how he did in season 2 of the anime. Considering that he and Yukino already progressed to the point of giving chocolates, Hachiman shouldn't be reset back to the same person as in cannon. For example, in the cannon essay I think it is clear that he wanted to lash out at his fellow classmates by pretending to wish death on them because he was jealous, but in this altered timeline, he wouldn't have as much to be jealous of since he had Yukino.

Given their history in this timeline, would make more sense if his loner persona was something he intentionally chose to maintain as a misguided attempt to protect her reputation, and it becoming something he internalized as result. Their mutual guilt about maintaining this artificial distance would be an interesting one to explore, moreso than simply re-hashing the same dynamics as cannon.

It seems like you just wanted to not change all that much from the show. It's disappointing given the radically different origin story provided and the interesting extrapolations from that you've been exploring up to this point. I hope that things will progress in a different direction going forward.

However, up until this point your work has been extremely bingeable.
m3medealer chapter 7 . 8/4/2020
I reread the whole story after the new chapter release and it's definitely in character for yukino and 8man. Altough there are some alterations in their character but that is to be expected because you created a new path with this new "knew each other since elementary"-thing. Overall the interactions between Yuki and Hachi were lovely and cute. Looking forward to the next chapter! Author-san ganbare.
Alyr Lin chapter 7 . 8/3/2020
Thanks for the lovely chapter.
Lifelessman chapter 7 . 8/3/2020
Good Work...! 7
Quantum Tesseract chapter 7 . 8/3/2020
Just reread this story due to the new chapter, and my main comment is: cute. Both in the Hachiman/Yukino interactions and in how Yukinon tries to deal with Yurigahama. Hayama also seems to be trying to be less of a pushover, albeit with mixed sucesss, so that’s something too.
GunBlade2021 chapter 7 . 8/3/2020
Hi there

i like the small changes that the childhood meeting between the eight man and Yukino changes the canon sequences here.

Anyway, keep up the great writing and stay safe!
Lord Matthew chapter 7 . 8/3/2020
Thanks for a new chapter. The quality continues!
HamClad chapter 7 . 8/2/2020
When Hikigaya mentioned Yukino's skirt, I facepalmed lol. Also, I love how Hayama was able to return the shot. It really does show his differences from the original Hayato.
Velocityshade chapter 7 . 8/2/2020
Ooh! Yay, this is back. I was afraid this was dead!

Great chapter as always. Still one of my favorite fics.
Mr. sunsun chapter 7 . 8/2/2020
Wonderful, just wonderful. Hoping to see more!
DrackNath chapter 7 . 8/2/2020
Good to see you back :3 Cant wait to see what you cook up for this story :)
Lost Aragami chapter 7 . 8/2/2020
"Finally, some good food."

I'm pleasantly surprised to see that this story updated. I've been waiting for a long time, after all.

Now, onto the actual review.

Impeccable as always. Not only do you manage to keep grammatical errors and awkward sentences to an absolute minimum, you also manage to keep the story entertaining, despite the length. This is the kind of story that I wouldn't mind waiting through numerous delays for, just to read the conclusion.

Keep up the good work, Author!
Guest chapter 7 . 8/2/2020
I'm so glad to see that you haven't abandoned this story. I enjoyed reading this new chapter, especially since you write these beloved characters really well. As for the chapter itself, it was fun to see how the dynamic between Hikigaya and Yukino continues to evolve, especially now that Yuigahama has been added into the fray. It also makes me wonder what you have in mind for the upcoming events, since it will obviously be different from the canon. As for the fluff, it is more than appreciated. I love seeing the cute interactions you seamlessly put into the scenes, and it never fails to warm my heart. I hope to see the next chapter soon!
409 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 5 6 7 14 .. Last Next »