Reviews for Xenophobia
Sean Mulligan chapter 2 . 6/12/2009
A great fic that deals with some real world issues.
MadBrilliant1880 chapter 2 . 3/18/2008
wonderful. bigotry for a whole new generation!
MadBrilliant1880 chapter 1 . 3/18/2008
i love the fatherly *hehe* snape here and how he's totally letting his son dig himself a hole!
Weirkat chapter 2 . 10/3/2005
Sweet story. ~smiles~
Lyn Piton chapter 2 . 10/4/2004
This fic gives a lot to think about. Most SSHG stories end with getting together, marriage, or the birth of their first child, so a fic about family relations is very unique and interesting.
perwinkle27 chapter 2 . 10/4/2004
A very well-written and thought-provoking story. I like the intelligent tone of it.
mwk chapter 2 . 9/29/2004
very nicely done.

kikei from the reverse fic exchange chapter 2 . 3/6/2004
Normally, I don't like ths pairing... well, normally :) but I've been given reason to like it anyway but a host of different authors... and I must say, you've done justice to it. I love the concept, especially considering the people involved... very clever way to make a point! I think Hermione was spot-on in character... Severus, not so, but it wasn't in a way that took anythign away from the story. Maybe ickle Sevvikins does have a soft spot, we'll have to see, but the character you presented was believable. and Justin was quite honestly, the best example I've read of any of the Granger-Snape children. He was real, with all those little teenage troubles that a boy his age might have (although, the crying bit... I can understand he's upset, but I don't think he'd actually cry openly. but that's just me).
And Snape at the end. Mwahaha. No, he's not old!
An entertaining and well written fic. I like it!
LM chapter 2 . 12/4/2003
Good fic!
Some people really will believe *anything*, just as long as it lets them feel superior to other people.
wallyflower chapter 2 . 8/30/2003
Lovely: well-written (especially the articles themselves), clever, and meaningful. There are few stories that feature the Granger-Snape offspring that I have enjoyed, because the children themselves seem flat, and I was surprised this time when you handled Justin's character so well. I enjoyed the fic; thanks for writing it (and giving me something to ponder on: Xenophobia in the Wizarding world and the arguments that could be used to support and not support it).-C
ladyx chapter 2 . 7/3/2003
Ahh, I really liked this. Good job!
Dame Niamh chapter 2 . 5/19/2003
Dear Oz:

I'm as surprised as you that no-one's tackled xenophobia in the HP series before.

You put a blood-chilling spin on the bigotry and prejudice, and one can clearly see the setup that would return Voldemort to power. Hideous! I'm reminded of the hate literature that exists in the United States amongst the right-wing ultraconservatives who espouse the "Master Race" theory.

I also loved the relationships in the Snape family. Hermione still has Severus to rights!

Blessed be,

Dame Niamh
dedanaan chapter 2 . 5/3/2003
Very thought provoking. I really like how you dealt with the pureblood/versus muggle question through propaganda. I liked how you portrayed Hermione and Severus in their home life and did feel sorry for poor Justin. I guess it would be hard to have your parents teaching at your school.

Nicely done indeed.
Noctivague chapter 2 . 4/20/2003
This is definitely a very nice answer for the WIKTT challenge and a very intelligent way to talk about the eternal Purebloods X Mudbloods matter.

I also loved the fact that you focused Severus and Hermione's family life - in a not so 'cliched' way. I had never thought about the (not so good) implications of being a Hogwarts student AND son/daughter of two of its teachers. Oh, and the way Severus and Hermione treat each other is lovely! :)

This is going to my Favorite Stories List.

P.S.: Thank you very much for your review to my answer to the challenge. I'll send you an e-mail to discuss it better.
Klingon1701 chapter 2 . 4/19/2003
Good story, love your portrayal of Hermione, just like I would imagine her later. I always hoped Draco would become a good guy, but then again...

Again, great portrayal of Hermione.