Reviews for In Plain Sight
excessivelyperky chapter 10 . 4/3
Ah, but Albus benefits from his teachers being too overworked to complain about or change anything. He especially benefits from not allowing any of his teachers to become rivals in creation (note that he won't teach anyone in Alchemy, why is that, I wonder?).

But Hermione is going to have to suck it up about flying eventually.

However, that little lesson about wandless magic was definitely alluring to Harry and Hermione, as it was meant to me.

Yeah, I think Snape has figured out that something is up with Quirrell...
excessivelyperky chapter 9 . 3/20
Good chapter. And it is nice that Harry wants to learn more about the Wizarding World.

And yes, the broom was blatant favoritism, as is Harry's place on the team. I'm surprised that anyone but Snape objected to it, actually.

I see how Snape is helping Hermione with her status in Slytherin (that was sweet of Mr. Nott, it really was). It's sad how her parents seem to not worry about their only daughter.

But Snape's memory of past interactions is very good, as it should be in a world where Polyjuice means people can masquerade as others fairly easily.
Alice Scarlett Knabel chapter 4 . 2/24
so good so far please continue
excessivelyperky chapter 8 . 2/14
It was the right thing to go to that Quidditch game, and Harry really was playing against the rules (Hermione is a rulebook reader, I'm sure Percy Weasley would understand). But of course Slytherin will lose on appeal, because Slytherin always *must* lose, yada yada.

And...books are the best way to corrupt Hermione, because she truly believes all books are right. Oops.
excessivelyperky chapter 7 . 2/12
Yes, there's one way to make sure a rival doesn't come close to the person who discovered so many uses of dragon's blood-simply work him to death.

Tom/Quirinus has a idea to help with that (though if I were Snape, I'd have a talk with the house elves about some of the easier bits like ingredient preparation and offer points to various Ravenclaws for help grading).

And so the slow corruption begins...the sad part is that Tom/Quirinus would be able to make much less headway if the school was run properly to begin with.

I also suggest that the Slytherin girls who have been so very helpful will soon reap the rewards the next time they need assistance with homework.
excessivelyperky chapter 6 . 2/11
Ron and Draco should be friends, they sure think alike. Pansy needs a little adjustment in her attitude as well.

Still, Harry is going to try to stay friends, which is nice, while Tracey and the other intelligent Slytherins will try to make things first.

And if I recall canon, Hermione can be quite ruthless.

I don't blame McGonagall for being upset, but it's not like she's going to change the Gryffindor uber alles attitude any time soon.
excessivelyperky chapter 5 . 2/10
How interesting that it bothers Albus that the Stone may *not* be in peril. But then, to work so hard to construct a Voldie-trap only to find that Voldie is not coming, yeah, that would be disappointing.

And I find a Tom Riddle who didn't lose all his IQ with each Horcrux a lot more fun to read about.

It's nice that Snape is willing to put forward more effort to protect the students than the other teachers seem to be
imnotahorcrux chapter 12 . 2/2
I thought that this latest update was just this January, but then I remembered it's already 2021...

PLEASE UPDATE ! It's so good !
excessivelyperky chapter 4 . 1/30
Well, Hermione will have an interesting time in Slytherin, but if she turns Pansy into a pug dog a couple of times, things would likely calm down.
Kirmizisin chapter 12 . 1/15
*sighs*

Sad, sad world of WIPs... I generally shy away from the almost certain disappointment that awaits at the latest chapter.

However, I love smart Voldemort. and the summary was so tempting that I just couldn't run quickly enough.

*sighs*
RevealFanatic chapter 12 . 12/28/2020
This fic is good.
Ever since reading HPMOR I've wanted to read ANYTHING else that focuses on Riddle having a better possession of Quirrel and taking the DADA job seriously.

Both Snape and Hermione in this are great.
I think this is well written, there's a few times I've stopped to admire the details this story. The last fics I were reading didn't understand "show don't tell" and I couldn't finish them, so the amount of thought that was clearly put into this is refreshing.
Anna Doherty chapter 1 . 12/22/2020
I have to say I am totally loving this story and I really look forward to reading more. Anna
Guest chapter 12 . 10/31/2020
I loooooooooove it! i absolutely love it! Cant wait to read more!
SoraGranger chapter 12 . 10/8/2020
I absolutely LOVEEE your story.
I like Mentor Tom and Mentor Severus! Cunning but nice.
Harry would be also a good student to Tom, when motivated. Hermione is already helping him.
Theo is lovely and a smart Slytherin, I always thought it was Gryffindorish the way Draco acted the first years. Burning bridges beforehand is not very Slytherin.
Love Hermione having girly friends! They are good for each other.
Thank you so much for sharing. I'm looking forward to your next chapter
Snaperipper chapter 12 . 8/18/2020
I have truly enjoyed this story and I hope that you continue it. I know that finding ones muse can be hard at times. Stay safe and healthy!