Reviews for Lizard Brain
byebay chapter 16 . 3/5/2019
Quick thought. Is this contract the same as Danzo's?
Am left wondering because you specified the subspecies and thus I can't be sure.
Also, I know she does NOT want to be a doctor, but why not have tried for an apprenticeship anyway? Between that and Genin Corps, I know what I would choose. I have another question on the Naruto situation. Which, I love about her honestly is that she might not even view it as such. Point is, will they interact somehow? Hikari has currently other more important things to do but am left wondering with a small sense of regret. They might have become friends had it not been for her injury.
And that, that woman! Urgh. I can tell she's preparing something (I read the latest omake) but what I cannot know.
What's sad is that even if she kicks Hikari who's become stronger than her, Hikari might very probably freeze completely, because in her mind she's weaker like she'd always been. And then, she might snap and kill said woman and that's just a whole new can of worms. For all that I want her dead, Hikari killing her can't be good for her mental health.
Sorry for all the questions! You're story truly makes me passionate! I adore it! It's just so real!
And great writing showing the reality of poverty. It pisses me off when a story tries to somehow make it 'glamour' when really, it's anything but.
byebay chapter 11 . 3/3/2019
This is incredible. First of all, you don't mitigate the effects abuse has on her at all. You give it the room it needs to be dealt with on a DAY TO DAY basis which is what happens in real life. It doesn't magically go away. Ever.
Then, there is Itachi. Oh God. I don't even know where to start with Itachi. Just. Am trully hoping she, they somehow end up together. That he's proven innocent, heals and comes back. Or comes back and heals from both his illness and everything else.
I don't even want them romantically linked (although that would be nice), but I do want them together.
All in all, an amazing read. Thank you for sharing!
byebay chapter 1 . 3/3/2019
This is it. Am sold. Am quite excited to see how she's going to deal with the rest. As in, the Uchiha massacre (everytime I read of someone's failure to save them *Shisui* it breaks my heart!), Danzo, Kakashi as a dad etc. I hope she ends up on Team 7! That would be amazing!
Now, thank you for sharing this.
You're writing is very smooth, I read this chapter in a single sitting!
Reincheck chapter 20 . 3/2/2019
Goodness. I kinda wish the omake at chapter 18 was real if only because it could have made all the hardships Hikari went through less... tragic.
I like her relationship with her summons. I'm just kinda dreading the day she summons Komodo though.

As for shipping, the BenjiroxHikari ship sunk before it even had the chance to raise the sails. So sad.
Oh well, there's still Itachi. Ahaha
ZiggyHoltz chapter 20 . 3/2/2019
just power read your wonderful story. To be honest it's a breath of fresh air. Excitedly await the next chapter. P.S. I'm also very interested in what's gonna happen to her super rats lmao.
RandomCitizen chapter 20 . 2/27/2019
Rough times again. But I guess if ninja know how to communicate "properly" there wouldn't be a series...
RandomCitizen chapter 19 . 2/27/2019
Hch. Looks like Shiori is what she is describing. It would be a neat change of pace if at the end of the eventual reveal she learns the error of her ways trying to manipulate Ben. But I won't lose sleep if she doesn't lol.

Guess he might have better luck with a lower ranked civilian girl instead? Hopefully she doesn't soil him on the bunch.
RandomCitizen chapter 18 . 2/27/2019
That's rough. She stole to survive and was only a child (tho that condition is different in the Shinobi world), HOWEVER, even if she stopped she really didn't do any "outreach" to mend her reputation. Just stopping isn't enough sometimes.
RandomCitizen chapter 17 . 2/27/2019
Whelp. Those are some sniffers lol.
Konsla chapter 17 . 2/27/2019
This is such a breath of fresh air; great to know there's other nihilist's out there.
Thank you for writing, your story is beautiful.
RandomCitizen chapter 16 . 2/27/2019
Uh oh. If those ROUS develop far enough they may have some protestations to make about the testing.
iDrarry chapter 20 . 2/25/2019
This story is amazing, but one thing I'm really glad about is the portrayal of summoning in this story seems to be a bit more canon-like instead of some other SI's with summoning. Though, Kakashi is rather in the background of this story, which surprised me, especially after he taught Hikari how to read, since I thought he would be a bit more involved. Nevertheless, this story is absolutely fantastic. One thing I thought fascinating was how you marked how the rats with developed chakra were more advanced than those without, which could allude to the reason why characters in the Naruto-verse are so developed early on compared to IRL. However, this doesn't quite work out since people in the Naruto-verse aren't smarter than those IRL, so the best theory I can give on the rats is that Hikari imprinted some of herself on the rats, which could be explained with chakra's spiritual side. Anyways, thank you so much for posting this story!
meep chapter 19 . 2/23/2019
gasp he loves some other girl! heart broken lol Hikari will die alone
Antaraxes chapter 20 . 2/18/2019
I’m kind of anticipating Hikari getting run out of the village for unethical experiments on animals. Probably would draw too many comparisons to a certain someone.
homelybiscuit chapter 20 . 2/18/2019
I absolutely love this fic and I'm so upset I hadn't found it earlier. I really love everything about Hikari's character and how she is a good person, but her weird lack of any caring for her experiments adds a whole other layer to her that is frightening. Every time she starts another experiment all I can think of is what would happen if she met Kabuto or Orochimaru. I can't wait to see where this story goes!
906 | « Prev Page 1 .. 4 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 24 .. Last Next »