Reviews for The Trouble with Right
KLafferty6 chapter 1 . 4/27
THIS. Oh my heart. This is the lyatt angst I have been looking for. Damn, this was so good and so hard and so real.
Thank you for sharing.
Once Upon a Whim chapter 1 . 7/23/2018
Ugh. The season nearly killed me and the cancellation pretty much finished the job, but this just killed me all over again.

Having him be honest with her, and vice versa, complete with ILYs? Both better and worse than what we actually got. Under normal circumstances, I'd say thanks for writing and sharing your fic, but this was a bittersweet read, so I'm not sure where I stand on that front. Not your fault though - that's what you were going for, so well played. Sigh.
emilycare chapter 1 . 4/14/2018
No. Words. My heart is breaking for this trio. Beautiful job capturing all the love we saw between Lucy and Wyatt, and also the unbearable pull between that strong bond and the deep love Wyatt feels for Jessica. Thank you for this story. I'll go ball my eyes out now. Hope you had tissues while you were writing.
angellwings chapter 1 . 4/14/2018
Oh my god this was so painful. But it was a nice moment of closure that they haven’t gotten on the show and I loved it for that. It was a moment of mutual acknowledgement and pain and gosh this was lovely and sad!
abbyoyoyo chapter 1 . 4/13/2018
GUH. that was real good! more?!
Smooth Doggie chapter 1 . 4/12/2018
I am officially heartbroken by this page of words. You have scripted every ounce of raw pain into a brutal passage of emotion. This is how we're all feeling for Wyatt and Lucy - aside from a few Flynn/Lucy supporters who are deeply happy right now lol). It's like you've dipped into all our hearts and plucked out our deepest feelings, then poured them all out together - to further destroy our bruised hearts. I have faith that even Jessica can't miss the way her husband looks at Lucy. No woman is that aloof. Bravo for your skills at writing what we're all feeling but are too destroyed to put it into words.
MamaCynO chapter 1 . 4/11/2018
Oh, my heart. Beautifully written. Thank you!
Di92 chapter 1 . 4/11/2018
Dear Lord was this heartbreakingly beautiful. This is definitely a missing scene I would of personally loved to see. I wonder how the relationship between Lucy and Wyatt will be throughout the rest of the season and I'm praying to God we get a season 3 because this show absolutely deserves it! I love this story! So much angst it makes me want to join them and cry myself to sleep. Thank you for sharing!
Lottee13 chapter 1 . 4/10/2018
I cried, UGH... This was written so beautiful and heartbreaking. Thank you for this!
Shelly chapter 1 . 4/10/2018
Holy crap! That tore my heart out! OMG! So beautifully written! Wow!
Guest chapter 1 . 4/10/2018
Wow this was great but so so sad! I loved it though! I’m glad this is a fanfic and not real because I don’t want him to keep turning away from Lucy! But this was really great!
xfmoon chapter 1 . 4/10/2018
Heartbreaking & beautifully written.
AntiheroesPreferred chapter 1 . 4/10/2018
Oh my gosh, so much angst! Unfortunately, I can totally imagine that Lucy would say something like that to Wyatt. Thanks for your story, and let's hope the show does right by Lucy and Wyatt!
sophiepotato chapter 1 . 4/10/2018
This was awesomely heartbreaking and really built on (amazing) feels from the episode. I loved the conversation in the episode, Lucy's reaction was perfect and it made sense that Wyatt was too stunned to say much but I really wanted another conversation once he'd got his head together a bit more and this fills that need perfectly.

As far as I am concerned this is canon and no-one can convince me otherwise.

This bit absolutely killed me:

""And you're going to try to make it work because you're a good man. I wouldn't love you half as much if you weren't."

His eyes closed. She had never said she loved him, not like this, not directly. The fact that it would be under these circumstances…

Without warning, he felt Lucy's hand on his face. He leaned into it, kissed her palm. Wiped absently at a tear.

"Just so you know," he said, voice hoarse, "yours is not the only heart that's broken."

"I know," she said, without missing a beat.

She did know, just like she knew everything about him. She understood him in a few people ever could. Including Jessica.

But he was not comparing them. It wasn't fair to either woman. They were entirely separate, entirely their own person. And they both knew an entirely different man.

He leaned over, pressed their foreheads together. "I love you," he whispered. "So goddamn much I think this might kill me."
Gracielinn chapter 1 . 4/10/2018
Hear that? It's the sound of my already bruised lyatt breaking... I am so impressed with this fic, to me, easily one of the best post eps on this site. I see from all the reviews that we are running out of superlatives, so I will go basic: it's just plain good :))