Reviews for A Rueful Ending
ASiriusAuthor chapter 1 . 4/17/2018
Here from WA Challenge-

You just sucker-punched me in the feels with this. I am not sure how I should think about this. It's really good- emotionally impactful at the end especially. It does get a little slow in the middle, but that's OK, I think. Great entry :)
rebecca-in-blue chapter 1 . 4/13/2018
Hi there, here from the all/no dialogue challenge. I enjoyed the opening and closing sections of this story; they flowed well, and you made the absence of dialogue feel natural. I especially liked Rue's thoughts near the beginning, considering her next move and thinking about the Careers and how different they are from her and Katniss; it captures her personality well and adds to her storyline.

The fairly big middle part of this story, however, I found a little tedious to push through. You spend a lot of time on each of Rue's movements, the space between each tree branch, the mechanics of her climbing, etc., and it really slowed down the pace. I don't think this needed to be almost 5k, and your writing occasionally gets too wordy, which also slows down the story. For example, "very loudly and angrily tells him how" could just be "screams that the District 1 boy..."
17 | « Prev Page 1 2