Reviews for Guardians
Kara Toma chapter 1 . 9/30/2018
This was sweet.

Forces left so many unanswered questions.

This was a good way to wrap up a few of them.

Team Sonic Bonding is great.

Thanks for writing this!
LoopyDroop chapter 1 . 7/18/2018
Sonic and Knuckles are protective badass brothers who take care of Tails. Thank you for gracing us with this beautiful story.
Nikki's fantasy chapter 1 . 6/14/2018
Hey! I LOVE your stories :) I Hope you keep writting about Sonic and Tails together (they are so cute! Woops, and the poor little Knux xD). But really, great joob :D
I like how you describe things and the way you writte characteres. And reading this help me to improve my English (yep, I am pretty sure that I have made a lot of mistakes here xD slow but Safe, like they say xD)
In short, I have read most of your fics and I enjoyed all of It ;)
See you!
(Here, I give you a Lollipop .)
Hawki chapter 1 . 4/28/2018
-So, from the outset, and I’m guessing that you’re a wee bit critical of ‘Sonic Forces’ ending. Given what I’ve seen of it, can’t say I blame you.

-“It had been centuries since anyone tried to invoke it.”

Um, are you talking about the shield specifically? Because if not, I’m going to go out on a limb here and guess that SA2 didn’t occur “centuries” ago, let alone all the other times the Master Emerald has been used as a power source (invocations aside).

-“…where it was harder for Eggman’s troops to search, and less interesting for Eggman to send forces.”

Okay, I get that forests would be hard to search, but how does the level of interest factor into it? Don’t think robots have a say in the matter, and I doubt Eggman is worried about the scenery.

-“…and compared to Charmy, Tails was downright angelic.”

Pretty much.

-Anyway, it’s a good first section. It’s not often that I see you write for Amy (least when compared to the Team Sonic trio), but her interactions with Knuckles are good.

-Second section is short, but still good.

-Third section is okay. Granted, haven’t played ‘Forces’, but TBH, the idea of Tails “losing it” because of Sonic being defeated/imprisoned irks me for a variety of reasons, and the section doesn’t really alleviate them. Also, it’s a change in tone and context. The idea of Tails getting over his experiences could form the basis of a story in of itself, but here, it’s just part of the events. That isn’t a flaw in of itself, but it feels underdone.

-Anyway, story is pretty decent.
takedigi chapter 1 . 4/16/2018
Beautiful. I loved it. This story has moved me a lot. The beginning was very interesting, and I think it was perfect how you wrote the conversation of Amy and Knuckles. I also like how you write the friendship of Sonic and Knuckles, especially with their comments.

But what I loved most, even made me cry, was the moments of Sonic, Tails and Knuckles. I'm a fan of "Sonic and Tails friendship/brothers" stories, and the way you write the friendship of the two and Knuckles is incredible. That's Team Sonic.

I love this one-shot.
Awdures chapter 1 . 4/15/2018
Oh this is lovely – to start at the end, just the mental image of Knuckles guarding his friends’ sleep brings a lump to my throat.

Okay, back to top... I like the timing of the party shortly after we see Sonic take off at the end of Forces because – yeah rushing straight off would have indeed deserved challenge!

In my head, Sonic’s storytelling about the escape from the Death Egg conjures up the tumbling dashing galloping soundtrack of playing through that Egg Gate level – it wouldn’t take much exgareration to make that seem unbelievable! “And then I jumped on top of one of their spaceships, and then I skydived down to the shuttle bay and-” “Sure you did, Sonic...” ;-)

I liked Knuckles’ needing a bit of space from the party and the image of the emptying base is evocative. His conversation with Amy packs in a lot of info about how things have been operating without being anything like an infodump – and the impression that they’re been working together well comes over strongly. Both in their general tone and in the fact it’s him she decides to tell that Sonic hasn’t been sleeping, trusting him to tackle it. The brief interactions with the Chaotix criw are similar – that sense of familiarity. It’s nice.

Which he does with something somewhere between bluntness and sympathy, while clearly understanding perfectly that hiding that sympathy is equally important. The bantering while both of them do know even hardly ever saying how glad they are to still be able to do it, it’s so them.

As is the different reactions to Tails’ nightmare – Sonic’s comforting and Knuckles at a loss but there anyway although he doesn’t know what to do other than take it on himself by apologising. Their sitting outside in the pre-dawn is atmospheric too. Sonic just doesn’t give up on the determination to keep it light and it’s rather sad and adorable.

And his pinching of Knuckles bed! You get the impression almost that he’s using the chatter and teasing in equal part to amuse and cheer up Tails, as he is to distract himself. And well Tails goes back to sleep that excuse disappears and you get to the slightly more indepth discussion – though still with them both dancing around the actual issue. I love the way Knuckles’ encouraging Sonic to go to sleep is pretty much a challenge, implying he’d see it as an insult if Sonic dared to think he would be anything less than safe sleeping under Knuckles’ guard.

Until Amy mentioned it I’d almost not registered that from the point Sonic is back with them to the end is only 3 days (yes, despite Eggman’s and Infinite’s banging on about it) – it’s a side effect of how cackhanded I was and how many weeks those last levels took me I think! But on reflection it’s a very very short period of time for Sonic to get himself together and so action filled that the idea of him just running on sheet adrenaline and action up until the point they stopped does work.

The combination of the light words and the undertones as that distraction is removed and things start to settle on them is so strong all through this fic.
WhatIsThisDefiance chapter 1 . 4/14/2018
This was a much better ending than:
"We've gotta stick around and save the world...except me. I'm running off anyway. Bye!"
Haha. Really though, cute read!
Infinite's Ruby chapter 1 . 4/13/2018
I Love this! This is an amazing piece. I adore the brotherly bond that these three share.

The insight towards Knuckles as a commander is just so well written and him being him brotherly towards both Sonic and Tails is very heartwarming indeed.

Your headcanons on Sonic's torture were well implemented and the very last line with Knuckles guarding the Master Emerald is a nice touch.

This was such a great take on the events after Forces.
sarilleny chapter 1 . 4/13/2018
This is a really lovely piece. There was a lot of great insight on Knuckles as commander. How obliviously took to the role, but still shys away from too many people, and how he still misses home. I enjoyed the conversation between him and Amy. Giggled at the part about people thinking he doesn’t sleep at all.
The banter between Sonic and Knuckles was great. My favorite was the retort about three languages.
When they went to check on Tails, the mostly unspoken interaction with the Chaotix all spoke volumes about their relationships. It really showed their depth of understanding. The scene with Tails was very touching. I thought it was sweet that Sonic wanted Knuckles there for support. I was curious about Sonic’s thoughts to Knuckles’ apologies.
I thought you rounded out the end really nice with the lines about Knuckles doing his original job, and guarding things. All around great story!
SharpDragonKlaw chapter 1 . 4/13/2018
AWW! I just love the brotherly moments between these three.
Frozen Ventilator chapter 1 . 4/13/2018
This was really great/sweet/awesome/etc.! The character interactions are just so... natural. Everybody is perfectly in character! Sadly I don't have the time to write more. Still better than nothing, right?

Anyway, is there a chance we might get to see some more of your six-month headcannon? That'd be amazing :D

Have a nice weekend, Frozen Vent signing off!
Guest chapter 1 . 4/13/2018
I. LOVE. THIS. ONE! :D

Could there be another one/chapter of this where Knuckles finds out just what exactly happened to our poor Sonic? Like, when they're trashing an Eggman base, and he finds the recordings of it? I would love to explore this, and the path Knuckles takes to help Sonic heal from his ordeal.

But, if this stays a oneshot, could I maybe use this, even vaguely, to make that story a reality? :)

I'm always amazed at your beautiful stories and can't wait to see what you come up with next!

~Loving every story,