Reviews for An Unexpected Otter
bernicrumb1944 chapter 10 . 7/2/2018
This is such a darling story! I loved every bit of it.

Your characterizations were excellent and consistent throughout the tale, both when sticking to the canon parts as well as when it slipped into the AU parts.

I cared about what was happening to Severus and Hermione throughout all of the chapters. They felt like people in my mind and not just names on a computer screen.

I really liked that Hermione's parents knew about her otter transformations when she was young and didn't freak out about them. And I was glad that they didn't disown her after they got their memories back-such a nice change from all of the stories where they never remembered her or shut her out of their lives in anger.

Thank you for keeping the entire tale from Severus's perspective and not head hopping. Your command of grammar, spelling and punctuation are excellent and it was lovely not to be thrown from my immersion into the story by being distracted by those sort of errors.

You made Severus's emotional attachment to Otter-Hermione, and later, to Human-Hermione grow gradually and naturally, and I never felt that he was out of character. I definitely appreciated your choice to "fade to black" in the scenes where they became intimate. My imagination can fill in the blanks just fine without a detailed description of their physical activities. This allowed me to better focus on the emotional and mental development of their relationship as I read, and it let the flow of the story continue smoothly.

Thanks also for letting us know about Dumbledore's personality from Severus's observations and thoughts rather than doing an expository data dump of Albus-hate. Your less-is-more style works very well in giving the readers the information they need without dropping anvil on top of beginning to end, this fic was charming and enjoyable. I've already got it on my "re-read frequently" list, and I will definitely be recommending it to my HP fan friends.

Well done!
MissusGages chapter 11 . 6/27/2018
It’s adorable and I love it!
Sattwa100 chapter 11 . 6/12/2018
Lovely well written story. Definitely a favourite. Thank you.
Stryx Aluco chapter 1 . 6/3/2018
I loved this story, and I love your writing in general. I particularly like how you are trying to maintain the British setting and British voices, which imho, you're doing very well. (while I'm not British, i have been living in the UK for about 20 years). I noticed a couple of little giveaways, though: take out food is called take away in Britain, and normalcy (in your other fics) is normality in British English.
mom2divas chapter 11 . 5/31/2018
Lovely story!
akoconan chapter 11 . 5/31/2018
Aw love it so much. So cute.
emjrabbitwolf chapter 11 . 5/30/2018
Awwwww! Decidedly cute and fluffy! Cannon compliant enough with AU elements to be setting believable!
Bella1999 chapter 11 . 5/26/2018
Just lovely.
lia.a.karas chapter 11 . 5/26/2018
Happy ending yay
Stunning Sunset chapter 11 . 5/22/2018
This was very cute, I love Otter!Mione
Hillmorrr chapter 11 . 5/20/2018
A lovely HGSS, definitely with your own spin on Ottermione. Thanks for sharing!
AlwaysObviously chapter 11 . 5/20/2018
sweet story
clarine chapter 11 . 5/20/2018
Une adorable "petite" histoire. Merci pour le partage.
DutchGirl01 chapter 11 . 5/20/2018
Great ending for a lovely story. Thanks for sharing it with us.
Guest chapter 11 . 5/19/2018
I liked your story. Thank you for writing until the story was done.
239 | « Prev Page 1 .. 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 .. Last Next »