Reviews for Man off the Moon
Emiya cc chapter 24 . 7/12
No me permite traducir la historia
TheSlySage chapter 8 . 7/8
i miss the updates on this Emiya and Shepard... sooo freaking cute. hope you're doing okay!
REALLY dont like his casually dismissive attitude toward Rin and her importance to him… gee Shirou, wonder why you ended up a mentally ill loner, and an utter failure who never accomplished anything. Stuff like this really reminds me that shirou was always a paper thin character and overhyped. Makes it hard to want to continue reading.
RaeningNV chapter 41 . 6/12
Thank you for all the time and effort you put into writing this story! The level of detail and world building adds so much more depth to the world of Mass Effect especially with your additions to asari culture. It’s been a treat reading this. Thank you again for sharing!
AlayaArcher chapter 27 . 6/5
Baliya RIP. This is lke my 8th reread of this story and i still never get over her death
StarRacer42 chapter 41 . 5/19
This is amazing
Sages death chapter 41 . 5/7
I applaud the amount of effort and research you put in here but i have to agree with some of the other reviewers that the story kind of drags on after the emiya and shepard training arc. on the positive i see a lot of research in all kinds of subjects from computer science and pgysics to medieval weaponry. I tip my hat to you good sir.
melikereading chapter 25 . 4/26
This chapter is too much. EMIYA would have researched about the Ardat, mainly because they are threats. At least based on the characterization of the EMIYA here. Not expecting him to know everything, but I think he would have done his research to know the biggest threats of different races, especially the Asari if he was there for 5 years. I’d understand if this was a case of short time, but I feel that you’re making EMIYA too careless to not research for plot convenience at this point.
RecklessBaka chapter 21 . 3/20
I vaguely remember reading like half of the chapters several years ago and dropping the story. I came to revisit this again and wondered "Why did I drop the story again?"

Well I know why. The pacing/plot progression.

Let me preface this by saying you do an incredibly job with characterization and world building. For the way you describe the world around Emiya, to his thoughts, to how other characters react and act. It's clear this is an incredibly passionate story and you have sunk a lot of time and effort into it. Seriously, you should be applauded for the dedication to write over 750k words. Longer than the entire trilogy of LOTR by a large margin.

But that's why I'm dropping the story. The pacing and plot progression is non-existent. It's insane how these past 21 chapters feel like build up to a plot that's not actually going to happen. I was really into the story when Emiya and Shepard trained and worked together. It was such an engaging start to the story. From two individuals who wouldn't speak to one another, to rivals, and then to good friends. The two bond while Emiya works to get to Mars to study the Prothean. All the while Emiya blends his Fate origins with the Mass Effect universe. Allowing him to train and develop skills while building a relationship of trust with Shepard. I sincerely thought that it would have him discovering the Reapers and kick start the plot of Mass Effect. It took awhile, but I was fully expecting some good pay off. The story was getting to its main conflict, and Emiya and Shepard were going to face it head on.

It never came. It felt like such a slap to the face. The story just meanders between whatever Emiya wants to do next with no central plot. Sure there are sub-plots, events, and timeskips: Miranda, moving to Thessia, the Salarians, hacking the web, but these past 21 chapters give me no real grasp of what the main conflict or story is. 300k words in and we aren't even close to ME1. The pacing kills me.

At the end of the day, you put a wonderful amount of effort into the story. But i have to say "Less is more". This is the extremely drawn out life of Emiya in Mass Effect. All this world-building and integrating Emiya into the world, all for... nothing? Feels like a massive introduction and only an introduction. Where is the story structure?

I apologize if this comes across as negative. But I feel like an idiot for dedicating my time to reading all these incredibly wordy chapters and with nothing to show for it. I truly feel the pacing and progression of the story falls off a cliff after the Emiya/Shepard training arc.

But at the end of the day, if you're proud of what you've written, then that's all that matters. Be proud of the time and dedication you've displayed with this story. Be proud.
DracoArtemisLeopin chapter 16 . 2/19
I must have read this story 3 times before, and this is the first time I caught that 'Eliza' wanted to become an idol despite having no talent for it at all.

Well played, good sir. Well played.
DracoArtemisLeopin chapter 4 . 2/11
So this is what happens when two people with Eroge Protagonist EX meet...
Lazy Servant chapter 41 . 1/25
Thanks for the chapter.
This is interesing and i want to read more.
Sorry for the poor review.
ErwinvonBeckendorf chapter 16 . 1/12
Just hope you don’t destroy Cerberus to early.

Great story till now
Danan01 chapter 41 . 1/7
I love this fic, if you are still here on this site please update this masterpiece. Having one of the best fate fics of all time die out is something I don't want to see.
Guest chapter 2 . 11/25/2023
When I read like the first two dozen chapters of this story I was entranced by how well made it is. Also I can't help but to feel pity for the corpus or empty body and how much it went through on Nameless journey so far.
4,140 | Page 1 2 3 4 11 .. Last Next »