Reviews for Seeking and Finding
Silverthreads chapter 1 . 4/19
Nice pacing!
SuperMom1 chapter 1 . 11/5/2021
The beginning of a wonderful friendship between Sheppard and McKay. I discovered your team building series a while ago and have finally found some time to start reading it. I really enjoyed this story and I'm looking forward to reading the next one.
IantoMcKay chapter 1 . 3/1/2021
A short story before bed time. Amazing characterization of both Rodney and Sheppard. I'll be looking forward to reading more of your stories the next few weeks :)
BMick chapter 1 . 1/17/2021
So, the first one - and the beginnings of a friendship that will surprise a lot if people. Short enough to take at one gulp; the others will have to wait awhile.
Begga chapter 1 . 4/4/2019
nice story. i like these stories behind the stories.
TwilightGlow3 chapter 1 . 2/10/2019
Just realized that I read a story in the middle of a series, whoops. Oh well, might as well go from the start now!
SpaceCowboy chapter 1 . 12/10/2018
Hey there! I'm actually about five stories into your series and have yet to leave a review. So I decided to come back to the beginning and leave some... since I'm obviously enjoying your stories. I've just recently gotten back into SGA (re-watching it from the beginning), so these earlier episodes are fresh in my mind. And, I kind of liked the dynamics of the earlier seasons better anyway. It was so much better when they were isolated. Later on, everything seemed so convenient.

Anyway, on to the review...

This one-shot is quite good. It's well paced and gets to the gist of the story and gets out fast. Nothing lingers too long, it is not mellow dramatic and its' length is perfect for the story line. Sometimes author's drag things out, and you have not. It was a nice quick read with a point. I like that in a one-shot. Characterization is good for the most part, particularly Beckett. I hear the dialogue you've chosen for him coming out in his accent like I was watching the show. I don't always think Sheppard is on key, but I'm a Sheppard fan so I'll always be more picky about him. As for McKay, he's a mix of smack dab right on and a little too insecure... for me, may I add. Characterization is personal, and not everyone will agree with how you 'personally' see a character. Most of his dialogue sounds just like him, but his stream of consciousness is a little too self-doubting for me. Again, personal opinion.
x Varda x chapter 1 . 12/4/2018
This is awesome! Everyone is so in character 3
Sonya Sullivan chapter 1 . 6/6/2018
Great to see the beginnings of an interesting friendship. You showed how vulnerable McKay can be and how insightful Sheppard can be.
Thanks for sharing your view of how it started.
Sheppardlover928 chapter 1 . 5/24/2018
Great, great tag! With your writing, I can picture all of this so clearly! Wonderful!
Var Devonshire chapter 1 . 5/16/2018
LOL Love this scene. I always thought the show runners had missing an important step when they didn't show Sheppard talking to McCay about being on his team but you did a good job filling in the blank and capturing the "voices" of the characters. Well done!
Domina Temporis chapter 1 . 5/13/2018
I really love this. I know you said it was a new fandom for you but you've got their characters and dialogue exactly right.

Have to say I never really gave much though to why Sheppard would have considered McKay such an obvious choice for the team when pretty much no one else would, this answers that question beautifully.
Aileil chapter 1 . 4/25/2018
I like the idea of Sheppard going 'round and trying to pull his team together based on a handful of first impressions under bizarre circumstances. I never really thought about how they wound up on a team together. I just saw them relaxing and watching football on base and, after that, is seemed only natural that they'd be partnered up. I appreciate the background/insight you offer in this story. Thanks.
shestarsky chapter 1 . 4/17/2018
Excellent, its nice seeing the thoughts behind Sheppards selection. Please continue.