Reviews for For The Greater Goof
Nebresh chapter 1 . 3/28
very good one!
oh-wellau chapter 1 . 2/15
This was really great! I think part of the changes would be Fred and George becoming animagi, as part of their apprenticeship (I like to imagine a pair of weasels sneaking around moonlit corridors at Hogwarts)
ginnythebaddestbiatch chapter 1 . 11/13/2021
THIS IS AMAZINNGGG. I love how you solve big problems with just one simple occurrence. Harry got Sirius and Remus back, Pettigrew rotting in Azkaban, no big trauma for Ginny during the Chamber chaos, no Crouch Jr randomly throwing the imperious curse to 4th year students, and Sirius didn't die. Not sure what will happen in the last 2 years.

Hermione wouldn't be friends with them you say? I think they would be at some point during their Hogwarts years, but not to the point of being buddies. I like Hermione, honestly, but I really think that she could be overwhelming. The number of times she had ordered Harry to practically tell everything to her, no matter how personal it would be, the amount of times she would downplay both Ron and Harry's intelligence. I honestly think that without her in the picture, Harry and Ron would be forced to study real hard and try to keep up on learning spells.

I just really hope that somewhere along this years, they would do something about Snape's behavior. He's a great potioneer, and occlumens, but never a great teacher, especially with young kids like that. They are continuously bullied and humiliated in his class. He was never fair to anyone, and only will be if he could get something from it. And this lack of fairness does not only apply to him, mostly Hogwarts professors especially Dumbledore engraves into the students mind that Slytherin are nothing but evil people. Imagine being a teeny 11 years old, excited for what Hogwarts would bring, only to be sorted in Slytherin and be mocked and be the target of the other housed. No wonder why many Slytherin graduates becomes dark after Hogwarts.
SomeGuyFawkes chapter 1 . 11/13/2021
Fine story-let and closer to how canon really should have gone. But we all know that The Map (and time turners) didn't even exist until the twin's 5th year, when Rowling invented them to make her "plot" easier.
Stormshadow13 chapter 1 . 9/11/2021
Love the twins.
guest chapter 1 . 8/11/2021
Wonderful exploration of a point that really bothered me about canon. I don't much care for the Weasley twins: their "pranks" hardly differed from the Marotters' (sobriquet from Alethea27) except for (as far as I know) not causing severe injury and being sprayed over many more students rather than heavily concentrated on one. However, this fic beautifully showcased the snooping, er, curiosity so very IC for them. As you wrote it, it's not precisely a butterfly effect, though, more like a 747. Thanks!
Cassandra30 chapter 1 . 4/20/2021
Entertaining!
Kimberly T chapter 1 . 4/11/2021
Brilliant, every bit of it! I consider this one of your finest works yet!
slytherinlibrarymole chapter 1 . 3/24/2021
this... was necessary. also fan piddle? are you ok with me reusing it? it's too good.
Osmodious chapter 1 . 3/24/2021
Another really fun, and interesting, story...thanks for posting!
Jhn1 chapter 1 . 2/25/2021
Cute
And... if
Moony fixed the runes to show partial souls, what would it show of Harry Potter?
EJHowell chapter 1 . 2/20/2021
Brilliant story, I had thought of this a few times, how would Fred and George, who ahd the map for years not noticed Peter on the map. Granted, I think it says wormtail on the map when identifying him but they still would have noticed one of the marauders, i and tried to find him.
Nightcandle chapter 1 . 12/7/2020
Love this!
It always bugged me that neither Peter Pettigrew nor Quirrell's parasite were discovered by the twins (or later Harry). You did a great fix-it here!
Thank you for writing it and sharing it with us!
littleditto chapter 1 . 11/8/2020
Love this one too
suebt chapter 1 . 9/11/2020
My corollary for book two: since the diary contained half of Riddle's soul, his name would show up as "Tom Riddle" and not fade in and out like the wrath attached to Quirrel did. I'm sure somehow that Harry and Hermione would become friends (possibly more since that's the ship I sail).