Reviews for For The Greater Goof
Cassandra30 chapter 1 . 4/20
Entertaining!
Kimberly T chapter 1 . 4/11
Brilliant, every bit of it! I consider this one of your finest works yet!
slytherinlibrarymole chapter 1 . 3/24
this... was necessary. also fan piddle? are you ok with me reusing it? it's too good.
Osmodious chapter 1 . 3/24
Another really fun, and interesting, story...thanks for posting!
Jhn1 chapter 1 . 2/25
Cute
And... if
Moony fixed the runes to show partial souls, what would it show of Harry Potter?
EJHowell chapter 1 . 2/20
Brilliant story, I had thought of this a few times, how would Fred and George, who ahd the map for years not noticed Peter on the map. Granted, I think it says wormtail on the map when identifying him but they still would have noticed one of the marauders, i and tried to find him.
Nightcandle chapter 1 . 12/7/2020
Love this!
It always bugged me that neither Peter Pettigrew nor Quirrell's parasite were discovered by the twins (or later Harry). You did a great fix-it here!
Thank you for writing it and sharing it with us!
littleditto chapter 1 . 11/8/2020
Love this one too
suebt chapter 1 . 9/11/2020
My corollary for book two: since the diary contained half of Riddle's soul, his name would show up as "Tom Riddle" and not fade in and out like the wrath attached to Quirrel did. I'm sure somehow that Harry and Hermione would become friends (possibly more since that's the ship I sail).
Othello John chapter 1 . 9/5/2020
Thanks
Guest chapter 1 . 4/20/2020
Brilliant story!
RebeccaRoy chapter 1 . 3/5/2020
Nice, glad to see Fred and George save the day in a way that only they could. Love it!
sunsethill chapter 1 . 3/1/2020
You have done a great job on Fred and George's inner voices in this. Very amusing, but believable. Having them mentored would also be a huge benefit to them as they would have their creativity encouraged, but with a more solid basis. I also loved Severus' snarky comments when Riddle was revealed. And the twin's inspired plan to reveal Wormtail to Minerva and her reactions later was fabulous.
SMantis chapter 1 . 2/7/2020
Great story! This plot hole has always been difficult to explain and you've done well to explore it.

Regarding the events of the Triwizard tournament, without Wormtail fleeing to Albania and bringing Bertha Jorkins with him, Voldemort would never learn about Crouch Jr, being alive. Not to mention he wouldn't be able to return to Britain without Wormtail's help. So that year is likely to be without any events of note. Crouch Jr would probably escape at some point (if only after his father died) and likely help Voldemort regain his body quickly, but by then Harry would be much more ready to face him.

On another note, if the diary is caught intact, Lucius Malfoy might actually be implicated in the Chamber of Secrets plot. Given his standings in the Wizarding World, he probably still avoids prison but his position will be weakened.
TheLoud chapter 1 . 1/15/2020
That was delightful. I particularly enjoyed the Map’s error messages.