Reviews for Ruffians
MerrytheHobbit chapter 3 . 12/14/2006
I like it!
baranduin chapter 3 . 8/18/2004
Go Merry! You beat that ruffian's head in!

"'I'll kill him if he tries to do anything to you,' Merry whispered."

The sheer icy determination, and fiery burst of strength he had in order to protect the honor of his wife makes me want to just run up and kiss him. Though Estella did a fair job at trying to defend them as well. But the poor guy, gets the arrow in his shoulder twisted and everything -I'm glad the Rangers came when they did. It's sad to realize that just because of a few people the rest of an entire race can be thought of as ill (which is very relavant in today's world), I hope Estella will someday change her opinion.
Elainor chapter 3 . 1/18/2004
That was lovely! The Dunedain in this story seem a bit like guardian angels.
jedi-hobbit chapter 3 . 7/30/2003
Whoa. This kept me on the edge of my seat, waiting to see what happens next! Great story!
lizmybit chapter 3 . 5/15/2003
WOW! What a sad sad story! Poor Merry and Estella! Thank goodness for the Rangers! I have expected to see Aragorn! I almost forgot he was King! Tee hee hee! :-)
JJ-Ring freaks chapter 3 . 4/9/2003
Wow, This is really good! Are you going to post more? When? And does this take place before or after At The End Of His Rope?
Lindelea chapter 3 . 4/5/2003
shirebound said: Go, Estella! Merry certainly married his equal in courage and brains. (I didn't know there *were* any northern Rangers after the War; I assumed they all joined Aragorn's honor guard or something. Glad they're still around!)

Actually, I just checked on this last night whilst researching for "At the End of His Rope". If you read "Scouring of the Shire", there's a conversation with Barliman in Bree where someone says that the Travellers brought the Rangers back with them. No, that sounds too much like they bagged them up and carried them along... the Rangers came back to the North with the Travellers, there, doesn't that sound better?
Xena chapter 3 . 4/2/2003
Ah! Somehow I missed this story! Very good! Estella sure used her brain, and it was a very good story. Merry's so brave... and the Rangers showing up was very nice! I really liked this.. :P
shirebound chapter 3 . 4/1/2003
Dana4 chapter 3 . 4/1/2003
Now I'll bounce and 'e!', if you don't mind.

*bounces, e!*

Well, *clears throat* I loved it. Loved it very very much. That nasty beast, thinking that, but Estella's a fighter and it's something to love about her. And then Merry, getting up to defend her like that, even with his own would... well, just another show that they're not weak and helpless creatures. They fight! And the Rangers showing up, well, and putting an end to the worries... and Merry's getting taken care of... oh, and the ending line, it was just perfect.

All in all, must applaud the story. I loved it very much indeed. *grins*
Dana4 chapter 2 . 4/1/2003
Whe! Coherence goes right out the window. It's nice to know that as they are, it's not like they're completely helpless, and hobbits are quick thinkers. I love this story oh sososososo much. Really, I truly do. And I like Estella, and she's being put to a new test in this story, and I love Merry, as is obvious. And the mockery of politeness at the beginning... that was strangely amusing and all. And you know, somehow I found my ability to go on coherently in this review. I thought I was just going to bounce and go 'e!' for the length of it. *g*
Dana4 chapter 1 . 4/1/2003
...

...

... !

Oh goodness! Somehow I missed the author alerts for the first and second chapters of this (and I'm not sure how that happened, as I read all of my email, and I don't remember getting them!) and stumbled rather blindly onto the third this morning. And I looked at it, and I thought, goodness, was she working on this, and my brain started to work rather numbly. But I couldn't read it as soon as I had wanted, but I've come back to you now (at the turn of the tide, hah), and e! Oh. My. Goodness! Oh, Merry! And the others! What a shocking thing to happen! And Estella... poor dear! What a horrible place to find herself in. Poor poor Merry, and poor poor Estella..

I'll keep my mouth shut about certain parts of this that I love as it just labels me as a horrid, horrid pervert. *g*

Now, onto the next chapter...
shirebound chapter 1 . 4/1/2003
Omigosh, what have you done to Merry? (And the others of course, but *Merry*!) This is such an exciting beginning, I can't wait to see what happens next.