Reviews for In Blood and Sacrifice
Fastred of the North chapter 1 . 6/1/2019
This is amazing; I love all the historical and fictional references you worked in!
ScribeofHeroes chapter 2 . 4/21/2018
Stanza 2.
You know I did suspect Steve Rogers, but though the part about ending the fight makes total since with Bucky he refused to fight back in the end at the end of "Winter Soldier" I had originally pictured his breaking up the fight in the first Avengers between Iron Man and Thor. That seems risky too, though he didn't end up bleeding now as I recall.

Some how I did not think of him as a general though "clinging to the Light" makes since. He also didn't seem to have a grisly death and also seemed smug in that scene though Luke was certainly upset.

Now that one I got though I never saw the movie.

Now how did I "not" get those two?

Stanza 3.
Oooooohhh ... Now that one I don't think I could have gotten.

That one I think I did get.

Now that one confused me and I don't see how now I've seen both movies and remember being emotionally moved in those moments!

He did risk all and in a way justice was served though I recall thinking the winner and hero rather foolish at the time and pitying the villain, I was happy for the rescued maiden, though. Heaven's justice did seem to have something to do with it though it was sad. That whole book rather frustrated me though.

Stanza 4.
Oooohhh ... Those are diverse sources, but they all make since.

Lol, yes I imagined some of those as what you were referencing. :)

Ahhhh ... Yes, makes sense.

Nuts, now I know I can't understand that great line of yours.

Stanza 5.
Okay that makes more sense now, though while his final actions "did" cause his death I would say it was a not altogether intentional first effect just a sad side-effect of the accomplishment of the primary goal. So I'm not sure "suicide" is the quite the right word to use there.

Now that one is great though while I think Hawkeye had a lot to do with it Pietro switched sides for other reasons too, like his sister finding out how off the charts bad their current ally's plan was.

Yes ... Now that one is both true and sad. :'[

That one too. :'{

Stanza 6.
Ooooohhh ... I know Narnia and that book, yet for some reason "Roonwit" did not occur to me. :o

Ah.

Ahhhh ... Again how did I "not" get that one?

Yeeeees. Such a beautiful and sad classic! :'[

Stanza 7.
Ahhhh ... You know that makes sense, but originally I was thinking Bruce Wayne there, which meant the next line caused me to go "huh?"

Yes, that one makes sense and even more so now with the one before it cleared up. :)

"Spoiler Alert!"

Yeeeeeesh. That is one risk I'm not sure I could choose to take. :o

Stanza 8.
That one I got!

And that one too!

One of the saddest and best parts of that book I think.

I think I might have got that second, but not the first.

Stanza 9.
Now that one I definately got.
That one I might/should have gotten. I haven't read the book, but I've heard about it.
Yes. The best of all.

Again thank you for this. I'm glad to see what I got and didn't get right and have the rest explained to me. :)

Keep writing and God bless
ScribeofHeroes
ScribeofHeroes chapter 1 . 4/21/2018
Thank you for this. I've often thought on this running theme and similarity to the Great Story.

God Bless
ScribeofHeroes
The First Adventuress chapter 1 . 4/21/2018
Wow, this was beautiful! I caught quite a few of the references (Lord of the Rings and The Hobbit, Star Trek, Rogue One, Harry Potter, Batman, Dr Strange, Mulan, The Space Trilogy, Narnia) and can't wait to see the full list and possibly get some good leads on what I should read and watch.

As far as the writing, this is beautiful. The ideal of noble sacrifices tends to consume my thinking and writing, and I like seeing it in the work of others too. As always, your poetry is beautiful!
Rye Scop chapter 2 . 4/21/2018
I really loved this! Especially the last stanza. :)
LadyOfAnfalas chapter 2 . 4/20/2018
That was a lovely and thoughtful poem. I had fun trying to figure out the references before going on to the explanations, and I especially liked how the last stanza uses more outright Christ-figures to build to the "One True Sacrifice".
a-convocation-of-fauns chapter 1 . 4/20/2018
This is absolutely beautiful. Thank you so much for writing this!
meldahlie chapter 2 . 4/20/2018
Hey, Sophia has found time to write poetry again! :) A lovely poem and a very valid point :)
Thank you too for the references - I think I'd guessed all the ones I was able to.
~Mel
ps. Have you read "The Messiah Comes to Middle Earth"? Highly recommended!
[ie, stay-up-half-the-night-finishing-it recommended!]
Westel chapter 1 . 4/20/2018
I would love to see the references, as (I'm ashamed to say) I don't recognize all of them - though many I do. Wasn't it Tolkien who told Lewis that Christianity was the True Myth and all other myths were rooted in this?

Beautifully written, and obviously well-thought-out.