Reviews for The Most Interesting Adventures of Maeluiwen
EarthFaery chapter 2 . 4/2/2003
Hah! I knew you'd read Discworld just by your style in the first chapter!

This is so great! Finally a well written, funny fanfic.

Going on mah favourites.

~Tessa
Nenya Kanadka chapter 2 . 4/2/2003
*quirks eyebrow* So *that* was how it REALLY happened in Moria, eh?
Sparrowinsky chapter 2 . 4/2/2003
WOO! Shirtless Haldir. I love you. But not like Maeluiwen. Although I see where she's coming from, Galadriel WAS beautiful...erm. Ahem.

Brilliant. Just brilliant.

~Cainell
French Pony chapter 1 . 4/1/2003
Oh, this is delicious. There is an oddly Asterix-like quality to it, in the way plans are laid out oh-so-carefully, and then go wrong step. . . by. . . step, culminating in a large, lively, and very embarrassing (to the culprits) crowd scene. All that's needed is a fish fight.

The mithril underwear, the Elven Death Glare, Merry shielding Pippin's eyes, Glorfindel's sketching and plotting. . . all lovely little details that add up to a brilliant whole.
ellbee chapter 1 . 4/1/2003
Well, it's hard to parody that which isn't done often, i.e., LotR lesbian slash, but it does have potential. There are some funny bits, but right now it's all over the shop. Decide where you're going with it and what sort of tone you want, and tighten it up. I'm curious to see what you do with it. -Ell
Fiora-da-Insane chapter 1 . 4/1/2003
Oh dear Eru, that was painfully funny! Coke out of the nose is not pleasant! Where's the "No drinking while reading" warning?

I think I have to agree with Suzine, this is the ultimate evil...or at least one of them. It's up there with Legolas' sinister attractiveness, Hobbit cuteness, and Urple.

Anyway, this is really good. My only problem with it is the paragraph spacing. Hope you post another chapter!

~Love & Insanity

Fiora_da_insane
Mercuria chapter 1 . 4/1/2003
Oh ... my ... goodness ... gracious ...

I LOVE YOU! (But NOT like the Sue ... welcome back to Platonic Love 101, friends ...)

This is exactly what we need. I'll be checking for updates!
Inconsequential chapter 1 . 4/1/2003
WOW! You used my idea! I'm sure it will increase your readership tremendously (: I'm so flattered, honestly. Thank you!

In other news, this is a hilarious story, I love your Dave Barryesque style (that is the highest compliment someone can recieve, in my book: being as funny as Dave Barry, which you are). I love this line especially:

Aragorn was trying to imitate the Elven Death Glare, but due to lack of six thousand years or so of practice, just looked like he was squinting.

Too, too true. Oft have Bilbo and I taken turns attempting the Elven Death Glare, and it ends up looking more like a constipated moose, or something.

And I love Glorfindel's sketching, Erestor's sedation and the Aeoglos-waving, vaguely threatening Elrond. Because no sword could compare to those eyebrows I now see in my mind whenever I think of Elrond, thanks to Peter Jacksons, er, enlightened casting for the movie.

Well, all in all I loved this a lot, in a strictly non-sicko, humor-appreciating way. Keep it up! And thanks for acknowledging my ownership of shirtless Legolas. I wasn't aware, technically, that I DID own shirtless Legolas, only that I wrote about him, but now that I do own him... mm...

Sincerely,

Artemis and Bilbo

amused and impressed, wishing you a happy April Fools Day.

PS We, or I, since Bilbo isn't allowe on fictionpress, have started a humorous novel on said site. Chapter three will be up very soon, if you decide to read chapters one and two. Oh yes, there is some Adult Language in the first two chapters, but after that it pretty much stops. So, if you fee like checking it out, you are welcome to do so, as I admire you and so would appreciate any comments you deign to give my work. The link (well, my profile, but I only have one story anyway) is HERE:

. ?userid348190

if you ever have way too much time on your hands. Thank you.
Godforsaken chapter 1 . 4/1/2003
*stamps with Official Claudia Seal of Approval* (YaY! Now I've got me own seal!) *ahem* Anyway. I likes it, and I hope you'll update soon.
Suzine chapter 1 . 4/1/2003
Bloody brilliant!

You do realize you've just created the ultimate evil - a MS we actualy WANT to read ?
Nenya Kanadka chapter 1 . 4/1/2003
*reviews quickly and runs back off into the bushes to let the non-PPC readers get a crack at this stunningly hilarious story*

Oh, my, I'm still catching my breath from the laughter. :D "I fear it does not match your outfit" and the mithril underwear! And Glorfindel! Ha. Oh, and thanks for the heads-up for the "How To Write. . . ." story.

One small error, though-I think this sentence has an extra quotation mark in it: "From somewhere in Imladris came an ear-piercing scream.” Several of those in the room winced."

Thanks again!

-NenyaQuende, slinking back off into the darkness to ogle Glorfindel (who has conveniently removed his shirt)
86 | « Prev Page 1 .. 3 4 5 6