Reviews for Harry's Secret Friend
BBryant chapter 1 . 4/14
""Something more?" That intrigued him a bit. A girl wanted to be his friend and possibly more."

She said she wanted to ask him to the Yule ball. I don't think it's possible to be more dense. Harry has to have an IQ so low he's borderline disabled.
GinsengH chapter 30 . 3/20
Really good story.

At times some of the characterizations were a bit off-putting. Ron especially, which I say even as someone who is not a fan of the character in general. However, there are also some really positive moments of growth. Ron actually had 2 such instances throughout the story with the largest leap obviously coming near the end.

The relationship between Harry and Daphne was quite interesting. It's actually kind of hard to believe that 30 chapters ago they were just exchanging short letters via owl, and Harry didn't even know who was on the other end of it. Now though, the level of care that they have for each other is so obvious.

One of the better parts of this story was offering valid explanations for why all of the adults did not do more to stop Umbridge's terror as well as Snape's vulnerable moment.

The fight at the Department of Mysteries was also great. Seeing Sirius survive was a welcome change to the story.

Really solid story overall. Looking forward to checking out the sequel!
EdTheBeast chapter 30 . 2/18
An excellent story! A must read!
dogdog99099 chapter 30 . 12/24/2020
good story love to read more of it and ones like it as well
Agelmar101 chapter 4 . 12/14/2020
Sorry but your version of Sirius is so wrong in this chapter. He might have joked or teased Harry about the letters but he would keep Harry's secrets between the two of them and not at the dinner table imo.
RyMalice chapter 15 . 10/3/2020
I know that people just want to follow what happened in the books... but it always frustrates the hell out of me that no one ever 'calls the cops' when Umbridge is torturing Harry. Yes, he's being railroaded by the Ministery, but illegal is still illegal...plus, almost no one ever brings in the non-magical government. And when people do call the Aurors, she always seems to get away with it until Harry has to do something drastic.
MrMrRubic chapter 29 . 9/3/2020
Really disappointing having Snape come out with "if anything changes tell me immediately" but then just forgetting about it.
Heaven34 chapter 3 . 9/2/2020
Didn’t she write him that she had dark hair?
Heaven34 chapter 2 . 9/1/2020
Ron is basically Draco. There are many similarities between a weasel and a ferret.
mumphie chapter 30 . 8/20/2020
I enjoyed this story and how you worked with the characterizations.
mumphie chapter 29 . 8/19/2020
Whew. You had me really worried!
mumphie chapter 27 . 8/19/2020
I had a bad feeling you would follow canon on this. Sigh. Crossing fingers that you have a twist for his fate and Harry can have a good summer.
Abby678 chapter 1 . 8/17/2020
it got him second letter to realize that she is a girl. I thought that must be pretty obvious when she expressed her desire to go to yule ball with him unless he had some fantasy about some guy.
Sleepyhawk502 chapter 30 . 6/15/2020
Another great story! Thanks for sharing!
stevem1 chapter 30 . 6/13/2020
Draco’s punishment is to be locked in his dorm room for a week, after torturing multiple students?

This story is well written. But teenage Harry and Co. spent so much time looking for proof. They are not Aurors. It’s incredibly frustrating in AU and canon where they sit back and just absorb the damage. Ditto with Dumbledore’s constant mistakes, constant apologies and constant forgiveness being granted.

That frustration is not the author’s fault though. It’s rooted in canon. This is an excellent story.