Reviews for Harry's Secret Friend
Sam Hinkie chapter 1 . 5/25/2018
Seems like a “large class sizes” approach to Hogwarts where there are plenty of students Harry doesn’t bother taking note of. Rare but also a more accurate depiction.

Harry, Hermione, and Ron seem a bit thick though if she is above 3rd year and hasn’t done OWLs she has to be 4th or 5th. If she’s offering to help Harry she has to be in 5th. They already know she is a girl in Slytherin, in their year, with the fairly specific features she mentioned. At this point it should be fairly clear who it is.
TheFlowerOfTheCourt chapter 3 . 5/22/2018
Didn’t Daphne already say she had dark hair in an earlier letter? So Harry shouldn’t have to ask if she was blonde.
Synky chapter 30 . 5/17/2018
Loved the story, kept me reading for hours on end. I would absolutely recommend this to people looking for a good story that focuses on the relationships between characters. I really hope there’s a sequel. Would be super interesting to follow them over the summer, like Harry stops receiving replies to his letters and they come back to find the wizarding world in ruin and they have to find all of Harry’s friends. Maybe Ron is alright but lost half his family and is hard to work with. I just think it could make for a really good story. Maybe think about it ;D either way hope there’s a sequel! Great job!
LilAl260 chapter 1 . 5/12/2018
I’m normally a canon-only reader, and decided to take a risk on this one. And oh my, I’m so glad I did! I’d actually like to see how the rest of the story plays out with this left turn from the original storyline. Very well done!
PurpleKetloom chapter 1 . 5/10/2018
Omg, I only just finished the first chapter and I'm so excited to read the rest!
GJWickham chapter 1 . 5/9/2018
depressing Harry bashing. hated the book and by so closely following the book I couldn't finish this. I tried cause I love Harry/Daphne stories... but there needed to be the occasional win for Harry to break up the misery.
iChaos chapter 30 . 5/5/2018
How have I never read this fic before? I am glad that you chose to publish it again. It may not be quite as well polished as your other excellent work, but it was still quite enjoyable to read. I think the best thing I can say about it is how impressed I was that you avoided going too far overboard with any specific characterizations. It was a near thing with Ron, but I thought you did a great job on Dumbledore, Sirius and even Snape.

Of course I am strongly biased in favor of just about any tale that involves DapheHarry getting together, but even so this was a good read regardless
CarolWim chapter 9 . 5/5/2018
I hate that particular original book, but now you are copying the main points in your fic. So, from now I can predict how the story goes with all the highlights to come. 9 long chapters, enough. Out of here.
CarolWim chapter 3 . 5/5/2018
If Harry want to pleasure himself, he'll ask Hermione of course to whom he must think about. Or after a week of running around with the same underwear, he must ask her again what to do. He likes it that his 'friends' knows everything from him, but he know almost anything from them.
1529 chapter 30 . 5/4/2018
Very good story, although there was a plot hole where Draco got away with his torturing of the students... after the reveal at the ministry, what Harry saw should have been enough to at least launch an investigation into those involved and Pansy might have even been interested in testifying against them.
AmericanMuggleborn chapter 25 . 5/2/2018
Interesting retelling. Goldstein as the SNEAK rather than Marrietta or Can Chang. Forty Azkaban escapes instead of ten. Malfoy more dangerous than in the books or movies. Harry ending the Occlumency lessons rather than Snape. I'm getting more curious as I go.
AmericanMuggleborn chapter 15 . 5/2/2018
I don't remember Cho persecuting or blaming Harry in the book. I think Harry should have fled as soon as he got his first blood quill detention. There's got to be some foreign magical government that would take him.
ItsReaper chapter 14 . 5/1/2018
I'm wondering why Harry hasn't given a Wizards Oath to prove what he says. I'm more surprised that Daphne hasn't suggested it. She's a Pureblood, these things are obviously taught to her.
AmericanMuggleborn chapter 9 . 5/1/2018
Harry should discuss what is happening with Susan Bones and ask her to tell her Aunt. I cannot picture Amelia allowing it to continue. He should consider getting out of Hogwarts. This part of Order of the Phoenix always made me angry.
william488 chapter 30 . 4/29/2018