Reviews for To Touch the Stars
Knifecrazy chapter 2 . 10/27
This is just so sweet, I love it.
I think this is good ending here.

We already know that Harry heats Voldemort. How he does so isn't relevant to the story of Harry and Daphney supporting each other.
Osmodious chapter 2 . 8/11
Another interesting one…I look forward to more, as it feels like a story that wants to be told. Thanks for posting!
Just William chapter 2 . 7/21
Looking forward to a chapter 3 and more.
mumphie chapter 2 . 6/2
This is a terrific beginning. I do hope that your muse/mojo helps you sort out how you want this and you can continue!
Raeger chapter 2 . 2/21
This was tangibly excellent even after just one chapter, and the second chapter continued in the same inspired vein whilst promising future intrigue. Oddly enough, I find myself rather satisfied even though the story has a lot of runway to go. Perhaps this is a sign that the reader has been appropriately satiated and is primed for story tension, with happy reserves in store for momentary lows hurhur.

In your A/N, you mentioned not knowing much about the middle of of the story. I suppose the middle will very much depend on the secondary themes which you want to explore; so far you've given us some insight into acceptance (of self), dreams (strong resonance with the title, Harry's pep talk to Daphne, and Harry being Daphne's dream guy), true friendship (Millie/Nott, Hermione contrasted to Ron). Depending of course on what you want to say through your story, there's also the potential to talk about things like family (Daphne's mum saying that she'd rather bankrupt the family than forsake family - potential contrast to other pureblood families who might sellout their children for material and political advantage; Daphne's family is clearly very close from what we've seen of their relationships with each other). I'm also curious to see if your discussion of dreams ('to touch the stars') ends up intersecting with insights into status, since being able to touch the stars implies an ascendancy to certain heights, and there's also resonance with the pureblood attitudes regarding who are superiors and inferiors (relative status). Likewise, on such related topics of dreams, ambitions, status, self-acceptance, I won't be too surprised if you end up having to consider what you want to say about 'happiness' and the things which are important in life. Or well, a less-serious happy fluffy story is good too hahaha.

Lots of plot-potential too with your setup of Daphne seeking to internalise the confidence to reach over her obstacles and obtain her dreams. We see a powerful example of this development with her handling of Draco and Pansy, and the story seems to be moving into a direction where Daphne will be intimately involved with confronting the external threats that stand in the way of her goals in the future. Internally, it's clear that she has room to grow still; notwithstanding these promising developments, it's clear from your portrayal when Daphne was initially very shaken by Harry's slowness to reply to being her boyfriend that Daphne's confidence is still quite new — a golden opportunity if I ever saw one to introduce future adversity as a crucible to refine and assay her character. Although since you've pre-emptively undercut some of the sting from one obvious stumbling block, namely 'opposition from family' — though doubtlessly outward estrangement will still be difficult for Daphne and her family — the inciting issue might need to come from a different direction.

Well, all that is rather Daphne/protagonist-centric, without mentioning much about secondary characters and their own motivations/character arcs and associated themes you want to bring out whilst advancing the plot.

Side note: I'm slightly surprised at how easily these thoughts on storybuilding came, consider it a compliment to your writing — to borrow a cheesy phrase, greatness inspires greatness; we see that in so many areas of everyday life, like people copying their favourite sports players' moves, mimicking a skilled singer, bouncing ideas off each other.

Very much looking forward to any future continuation, thanks for the read!
Specky Clarke chapter 2 . 9/30/2021
This story is great and has even greater promise. Please continue writing and update.
OkBoomer147 chapter 2 . 9/22/2021
It was good. I'll give you that.
WildOnionTops chapter 2 . 9/4/2021
Loving the story! Nice to see Pansy gets what’s coming to her.
DragonroseWendy chapter 2 . 8/21/2021
You are a Good Author, I am enjoying reading your Stories. And I hope your muse finds more Good ways with this start. And all of your In-Progress Stories.
Sorry I am not a reviewer who could make helpfull suggestions, just ask for more and hope the muse co-operates! Thank you for reading and hope you have good luck with all you do!
cameron1812 chapter 1 . 7/25/2021
Can't tell you how much I love this.
phoenix-rob chapter 2 . 7/17/2021
Thank you, amazing story.
Korlan chapter 2 . 7/3/2021
This has been a lovely story. Enjoyed it a lot.
Tentrees chapter 2 . 6/30/2021
Definetly need to follow this and await developments.
samaritan17 chapter 2 . 5/8/2021
A great chapter. I appreciate that both chapters can be read as one-shots so I don't have to worry about 2 year cliffhangers.